Shop Disney Worthless

So what is the deal with shop Disney app. About 80% of the offerings say In Store Only. Why show it then?
They show it for the guests who are on-site who might be looking for an item. You can click on an "in store only" item and it will show you on a map which shops have it in stock. I understand the frustration, but that's why they show it.:)

They show it for the guests who are on-site who might be looking for an item. You can click on an "in store only" item and it will show you on a map which shops have it in stock. I understand the frustration, but that's why they show it.:)
Makes sense somewhat but makes it useless for us at home that would actually like to buy some of these items. Made better sense when they had the two shopping sites separate.

I have 2 separate apps: Shop Disney and Shop Disney Parks. Shop Disney is just the app version of the online ShopDisney.com and doesn’t show the in park merch. Shop Disney Parks will show both but you can set the filter to not show in store only merch so you just don’t see those items.

When you're there you can see what store a certain item is in stock in.
And really there are a lot of items you can purchase via the app.

This is correct. The primary point of the Shop Parks app is to provide guests who are at WDW information on where they can locate items. It has a barcode scanner so you can scan and get a list of locations, like if you were looking at a shirt but needed a different size, it can tell you which stores have it. It requires location services too, which is why it wasn't available on my tablet.

The other app, Shop Disney, since the transition from Disney Store, stocks a lot more parks merchandise and is probably the better one to use unless you are at WDW.

I liked it when I was at WDW. I saw something at AK that I wanted to buy, but I forgot. I was able to check if it was available somewhere else since i had no plans on going back to AK.

Got it. Thanks for the info. I did not realize that there are two apps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter