Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

All three Amazon orders have not posted correctly. Very frustrating! For that particular order (mine) it was: crafting scissors; a diamond dotz kit; a hamster wheel; and a Zelda Nintendo Switch Messenger Bag.

this is kind of why I don't do the airmilesshop. It simply isn't worth the frustration when I can use a different portal and have things actually post. It sucks for these types of promos, and I may have to do it to get to 7 on this but man do I hate it. It doesn't look to me like anything that shouldn't earn points, but it could be if the item was an amazon item or a different vendor through amazon? not sure. try an chat but I would expect to have to wait... and then fight again for the STB bonus too.

All three Amazon orders have not posted correctly. Very frustrating! For that particular order (mine) it was: crafting scissors; a diamond dotz kit; a hamster wheel; and a Zelda Nintendo Switch Messenger Bag.
Amazon posted all my orders incorrectly as well. It seems like the shipped every item separately and awarded the miles as they were shipped. (Which in some cases the items were under the $20 threshold, so I did not receive any miles)

this is kind of why I don't do the airmilesshop. It simply isn't worth the frustration when I can use a different portal and have things actually post. It sucks for these types of promos, and I may have to do it to get to 7 on this but man do I hate it. It doesn't look to me like anything that shouldn't earn points, but it could be if the item was an amazon item or a different vendor through amazon? not sure. try an chat but I would expect to have to wait... and then fight again for the STB bonus too.

Yep, I will have to contact them for the STB bonus but I have to admit Air Miles has been good about my Amazon airmilesshops in the past. They do give me the miles, I just have to wait the full days. (sigh) But there's no way I'll let that bonus go. I'm just trying to figure out my math before I contact them.

I contacted through Facebook messenger and spoke with Pam. I sent her screenshots of my order. She credited my account with the missing base and 2X miles but said I will have to wait for the STB to end for the 50 bonus miles I should have received using the STB link. Then asked me to the use the missing miles report on Air Miles next time. Umm... no. That NEVER gives me a reply. Ah well. I keep a very detailed spreadsheet and will add my notes to it.

I contacted through Facebook messenger and spoke with Pam. I sent her screenshots of my order. She credited my account with the missing base and 2X miles but said I will have to wait for the STB to end for the 50 bonus miles I should have received using the STB link. Then asked me to the use the missing miles report on Air Miles next time. Umm... no. That NEVER gives me a reply. Ah well. I keep a very detailed spreadsheet and will add my notes to it.

Glad they gave you those miles. I’m going to have to contact them for a couple of my amazon orders. The smaller orders they calculated fine, just not the larger$$ ones. Wonder if these miles are being calculated manually, can’t see why these errors would occur if system calculated.

I'm not going to tag everyone who is asking about the online shopping because then this post would have basically everyone tagged! Let's see if I can answer the most common questions:

I didn't get the 50 miles for using the coupon and i know i used the correct link, what gives?

Simple answer .. it states on the coupon that you will get the miles miles from using the online shopping "coupon" in 120 days - which is April 26, 2020. Last year's coupon posted on Jan 22nd

How many miles should i get, what's the math?!?
MOST stores 1 mile/$20
Mulitpliers work by taking the above number and multiplying by "X" and subracting the base you already got (only give that ONCE)
Sitewide Multiplier work by using the same formula as above - sorry it's adding the 2 results, NOT 25 times if the individual store had 5X and the website had 20X

My order was split and i didn't get the correct number of miles, now what?!
This is a far too frequent problem, so much so that they are aware and willing to correct it for you. HUGE caveat for this though, if you run into a newbie of a non-collector <gasp> they will toss the company line of 60/75 days (or worse 120 if they don't know!) and to use the online request. In that case, disconnect and either try again or if you have access, use Facebook Messenger, better response that NEVER disconnects!

Phew, so what about my "coupon" because this means i didn't get credited for a $100 transaction?
Sorry, you won't like THIS answer but here goes nothing: You're right, this won't trigger the coupon and it means you WILL need to chase down the correct number of miles at the end of the promo. It doesn't matter if they agent says they've put a note on your account, that simply doesn't work. The miles will only post as "missing miles" not credited towards any category. If you're only missing a few miles it might even be worth your time to just wait until the promo wraps up to chase them all down at one time. This is a personal preference that only you can decide, just remember, it will NOT save you from doing another chat!

I shopped at Amazon and i know i didn't get enough miles, is this because i ordered the "wrong" stuff"
Again, a rather messy answer that is a solid "maybe" It's more than likely just because the order got split into bizarre shipments and per Amazon's terms "You have only been charged for the items sent in this shipment. Per our policy, you only pay for items when we ship them to you." even though you see on your invoice that they charged you for one bottom line, they may have actually split your charges. I have ordered a LOT of stuff from Amazon and never paid much attention to the categories because i rarely order one type of thing and i don't recall any time that i didn't get miles for everything. Remember - Airmiles will usually only want to see your bottom line, they don't much care what you ordered - unless you get one of the agents i mentioned above, again, you have the right to challenge them if you think you're correct.

I used a gift card for part of my payment does this mean i will only get miles on the portion i actually "paid" for?
No, it shouldn't because, once more, Airmiles only cares about the bottom line of your invoice -- what did your order cost, not how you paid for it. I've paid completely with gift cards and received the full miles several times.
I hope I'm not coming across as being a know-it-all or condescending, that's not my intent. It's just that I've been using the online portal since it launched and I've learned all of this from personal experience. I guess you could call it an exercise in insanity because i keep doing the same thing over & over again and expecting a different outcome. HOWEVER, unless there is one of these big promos I would say it works about 95% of the time for me, perfectly, and when it doesn't I've NEVER had trouble getting the miles added to my account.

When it does work perfectly this is what happens I was even prepared with screen shots to fight for some of these miles because HBC said 5X miles until Dec 5th but it then changed on Monday to showing as 3X -- I'm NOT complaining :P I also don't know how i got this many miles because my order was $64.49 before tax ???

If I did a staples order through the Airmiles shops for 20x the Airmiles after the Dec 3 staples coupon start (Spend $100, get 25 Airmiles) will it qualify for the shop the block staples partner and Airmiles shops spend $100 at any Airmiles shop? Also does anyone know where or how you were supposed to put the code in for the staples coupon? It only specified to give code to cashier, had no instructions for online. I’m hoping it will be automatically applied???
I didn't want to lump this in with the above answer because I want to make sure you see the answer (which you really aren't going to be happy about, sorry)

You will get credited for the online shopping coupon but NOT for the Staples coupon because you do in fact need to enter the coupon online. This is what it will look like once you get to the final page, It will "charge" you a penny for the coupon but also show it as a discount.

At this point your only option is to return the item and then repurchase it and apply the coupon this time. Again, I'm sorry you missed this last, important step :(

Glad they gave you those miles. I’m going to have to contact them for a couple of my amazon orders. The smaller orders they calculated fine, just not the larger$$ ones. Wonder if these miles are being calculated manually, can’t see why these errors would occur if system calculated.
Nope, not manually anything -- it's like in my big wordy post above, Amazon technically charges for every.single.package one at a time <sigh>

Clear as mud. You would never know this was a 104 (before tax order of 4 items) Only 2 of which have been delivered so far!
I think I will only need to chase the 2 shop the block amounts though..
03 Dec 19
YOURSHOPS.CA
STAPLES.CA1 REWARD MILE FOR EVERY $40+2
03 Dec 19
YOURSHOPS.CA
STAPLES.CA20X YOUR REWARD MILES+95
03 Dec 19
YOURSHOPS.CA
STAPLES.CA1 REWARD MILE FOR EVERY $20+5
03 Dec 19
YOURSHOPS.CA
03 Dec 19
STAPLES
STAPLES DELIVERY1 MILE FOR EVERY $40+1

I just tried online chat for my missing Amazon miles and no go and yesterday I tried Facebook messenger and again no go so I guess I will be chasing those pesky little miles down at the 60 day mark.

1. safeway
2. BMO
3. shell
4. safeway liquor
5. sobeys
6. rexall

wife’s card:
1. safeway
2. airmilesshops
3. safeway liquor
4. rexall

Almost there! I might go for 7 on my wife’s card if I can manage...

1. safeway
2. BMO
3. shell
4. safeway liquor
5. sobeys
6. rexall
7. airmilesshops

wife’s card:
1. safeway
2. airmilesshops
3. safeway liquor
4. rexall
5. shell

I made it! I think I'm going to go for 7 on my wife's card, but even if I don't I've still made it through the first promo managing two accounts. Mini celebration! :cool1:

Clear as mud. You would never know this was a 104 (before tax order of 4 items) Only 2 of which have been delivered so far!
03 Dec 19
YOURSHOPS.CA
03 Dec 19
YOURSHOPS.CA
03 Dec 19
YOURSHOPS.CA
03 Dec 19
YOURSHOPS.CA
03 Dec 19
STAPLES
Aww yes! You stumbled on the one huge oddity in the online shopping portal!!!!
Any of the stores that are also partners will give you miles for BOTH the portal and their store but because Staples earn rate is stupid 1/$40 you get that odd 2 miles instead of another 5 HOWEVER you do also get 1/$40 that's credited towards delivery so it's actually closer to getting 1.5 miles/$20 when you shop online . Because of these extra miles we try our best to order online -- even been known to stand in the store, order what we want, watch someone "shop" for us and then head to the desk once we get the email
:rotfl2:

1. safeway
2. BMO
3. shell
4. safeway liquor
5. sobeys
6. rexall
7. airmilesshops

wife’s card:
1. safeway
2. airmilesshops
3. safeway liquor
4. rexall
5. shell

I made it! I think I'm going to go for 7 on my wife's card, but even if I don't I've still made it through the first promo managing two accounts. Mini celebration! :cool1:
:yay::yay::dogdance::dogdance: Time to celebrate!!
Congrats Hon!
Hugs
Mel

Everything posted except RW&Co via Airmilesshop and Samsung Pay. Last time it’s RW&Co which didn’t post but I had a back up shop so I didn’t chase. This time there’s a 20X bonus miles at stake and I am going to do a live chat or missing point submission once the waiting period is over. Samsung Pay posted 25 AM and not 100 AM. It should be 100 AM STB + 25 AM. It’s a waiting game for now I guess and I will do a Metro shop as back up just in case.

03 Dec 19
YOURSHOPS.CA
03 Dec 19
YOURSHOPS.CA
03 Dec 19
YOURSHOPS.CA
03 Dec 19
YOURSHOPS.CA
03 Dec 19
STAPLES
Mine posted like this as well. I was thinking we won’t have to chase this one down since the 1/$20 posted 5 AM which I equals the required $100 spend for the coupons.. Ami missing something?

Does Shop the Block show up on your receipt at Rexall? I just made a purchase and it didn’t appear on the receipt even though I had the cashier scan it.

Mine posted like this as well. I was thinking we won’t have to chase this one down since the 1/$20 posted 5 AM which I equals the required $100 spend for the coupons.. Ami missing something?

I hope you're right. When it posts as multiple things like this I just assume it has gone wrong lol

Does Shop the Block show up on your receipt at Rexall? I just made a purchase and it didn’t appear on the receipt even though I had the cashier scan it.

My Rexall receipt showed the Shop The Block promo as "SPND $40 GET 20AM". Next line it showed the number 41700005236 which corresponded to the coupon barcode. It posted to my Air Miles account a few days later as 20 "BONUS MILES".

Last edited:
if you have miles posting that equal a $100 transaction - in this case 1/$20 = 5 , then YES, you will have triggered the StB coupon. HOWEVER if your order has been split then it will post split up as well more than likely mean you didn't get enough miles total because of how the math works
Example: I spent just over $100 and my order was with 2 "stores" so it has posted like this

Not only did i only get 4 base miles instead of 5 I only got 76 for my bonus when it should be 95. I'm NOT going to chase this one down yet because it is my secondary card and it is my coupon. Why you ask am i going to wait? Because i KNOW i will still need to fight this at the end and it's not worth my effort for only 18 miles. I will get those miles but i don't need them at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!