Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

I sent off a message at 10:23, got a response at 12:17 however they want me to do their bookkeeping for them. Here's the reply

thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive the Shop the Block bonus miles that you were expecting. I am happy to look in this further for you but I will need a bit more information. Here is what I will need: -Collector number -Partners that you shopped at – Transaction dates – Transaction amounts before taxes Once I have the details above I can investigate further and have the appropriate Miles posted for you. Please note that we are experiencing an unusually high volume of inquires so it may take a little longer than normal to get back to you. ~Pam

All they have to do is open my account and they can see the STB postings. Just a way to pawn it off on the client. When I was working I would have killed my staff for suggesting a client would have to do such a thing.
Anyways, if you want to get ahead of this you may want to just post what Pam is asking for so you don't have to do it latter. Or at least have all the information ready just in case. Good luck to you......and me.
Follow up answer to my FB message....

Thank you for this information. As we are quite busy here on Facebook, I will look into this as soon as I can and get back to you. Thank you for your patience and understanding. ~ Pam

So it will probably be some time till I hear anything but at least they have my request. Time will tell.

All the problems you're having trying to connect with AM right now is why i wait a few days, I know they're swamped and i have better things to do (or not do depending on my mood :P ) than stress over not connecting with them. I don't have anything coming up quickly that i want to redeem my miles for so i don't have any pressure, if i did i might feel differently!!

I sent off a message at 10:23, got a response at 12:17 however they want me to do their bookkeeping for them. Here's the reply

thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive the Shop the Block bonus miles that you were expecting. I am happy to look in this further for you but I will need a bit more information. Here is what I will need: -Collector number -Partners that you shopped at – Transaction dates – Transaction amounts before taxes Once I have the details above I can investigate further and have the appropriate Miles posted for you. Please note that we are experiencing an unusually high volume of inquires so it may take a little longer than normal to get back to you. ~Pam

All they have to do is open my account and they can see the STB postings. Just a way to pawn it off on the client. When I was working I would have killed my staff for suggesting a client would have to do such a thing.
Anyways, if you want to get ahead of this you may want to just post what Pam is asking for so you don't have to do it latter. Or at least have all the information ready just in case. Good luck to you......and me.

When I sent my message, I included all that info with it. I stated the offer and the date it posted on my account. I'm happy to report that my miles have been credited.

I wait as well. I have 3 accounts to chase airmiles for (I knew this was coming because they didn't post correctly) as well as son's that hasn't posted yet.

The good news for us was that my daughter, shorted 1065 airmiles for her long awaited laptop purchase after midnight on Black Friday came through after a livechat and email inquiry (took 6 days). As she is a student this was causing a lot of stress. Now just needs the 400 airmiles missing for STB as her account posted as 800 over it.

@Days In the Sun , @juniorbugman , @montrealdisneylovers

I called AM and had them call me back about son's account. ( they called back in 10min, waited another 5 to be connected to agent) Agent was surprised that nothing had posted. I went through the list with him and he agreed he should have received the AM. He then went to check with someone about why this would have happened.

Answer. The STB AM are posted manually, someone must have just jumped over his account number. Whatever. I also had him look into a little 10AM item that was outstanding. All posted now.

If you haven't received any AM at all yet for STB. You will have to contact them to correct the situation. All miles have posted (as far as Airmiles is concerned).

Last edited:

I called AM and had them call me back about son's account. ( they called back in 10min, waited another 5 to be connected to agent) Agent was surprised that nothing had posted. I went through the list with him and he agreed he should have received the AM. He then went to check with someone about why this would have happened.

Answer. The STB AM are posted manually, someone must have just jumped over his account number. Whatever. I also had him look into a little 10AM item that was outstanding. All posted now.

If you haven't received any AM at all yet for STB. You will have to contact them to correct the situation. All miles have posted (as far as Airmiles is concerned).

Seriously???! That means they only managed to get one of our 5 accounts correct! I'll give them a couple of days to figure it out ... since I don't want to deal with this anyway.

Thank you for letting us know.

I had to think about this for a few minutes. I bet someone else got his points then, my son has two duplicate numbers in a row, I know many people do but how easy would it be to type 8005 instead of 8055 without noticing? Surely this isn't done manually without any checks in place.

Oh well, just venting about the silliness of it all.

So I was just getting all my ducks in a row to get in touch with Air Miles about my Mom's missing points and I just went into her account to double check things and the correct 1200 points have just posted. Whew as I couldn't find the bill for the LCBO but I was just going to quote the date from the Air Miles site.

So I was just getting all my ducks in a row to get in touch with Air Miles about my Mom's missing points and I just went into her account to double check things and the correct 1200 points have just posted. Whew as I couldn't find the bill for the LCBO but I was just going to quote the date from the Air Miles site.

Hooray! Yes, son's just came in too, all 1200! Off the list!

1 card posted correctly - 2nd card missing 400. I knew it would because I did the CP shop late on the last day - and it pended until the 2nd of Jan. But just did a Fb chat and she corrected it immediately. Now we patiently wait for Mega Miles.

LOL. Now I've got an extra 1200 AMs in my account since none initially posted and they had to manually add them. Too many to hang onto. Going to have to contact them again. This is a first....although 2400 should have been about the amount for this promotion!

@damo, from past experience I suggest you just keep them. I returned AM from a promotion a few years ago and didn't get so much as a thank you, you are such an honest person. #1 they were shocked I was doing such a thing. #2 they took a real long time on the phone trying to figure out how to do it as "no one does it". Afterwards others were reporting their "bonus" and nothing happened they never clawed them back.

I have since come to the decision that if this happens again I won't count on those AM sticking around. If they realize their mistake and correct it so be it. If not I just won't call about missing AM until I have used up that pool of "extra" AM.

LOL. Now I've got an extra 1200 AMs in my account since none initially posted and they had to manually add them. Too many to hang onto. Going to have to contact them again. This is a first....although 2400 should have been about the amount for this promotion!
I got them as well. I'll sit back and wait, I do not want them fooling around in my account. that could be a disaster!

Over time, I wonder how many miles you guys are actually owed because the partners didn't bother reporting them. I'd just keep them and see if they stick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!