Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

I know everyone is running headlong into the holiday season at this point and hopefully we've all managed to get our coupons completed. Just a few more quick reminders before the closing date hits:
  • Keep ALL of your receipts until the final bonus posts EVEN if the miles have posted to your account you might still need to do some chasing for the full bonus
  • If you need to print off any coupons that appear online only make sure you do that before midnight on Friday
  • If you do end up forgetting to print coupons you'll still be able to use the files i created on the first page -- there might be some missing from there so be sure you have what you need before this wraps up
  • There is zero reason to chase any miles down yet (unless you're looking for a ton connected to an online shopping transaction) because it will NOT trigger the coupon, might as well wait till February-ish and chase it all down at once
  • The "coupon" bonus for the online shopping won't show up until the promo is over, probably not till January

I made it to 7 on my card and 5 on my wife’s! I was really hoping to stretch and get to 7 on hers, but I’ve had a hell of a week and so it just didn’t happen.

It’s the first big event where we both have cards, though, so altogether it feels like we did pretty good.

Edit: ugh, i just looked through what’s posted and I realized my air miles shops on my card didn’t post at all! what a pain...i hate having to chase things down

and thanks to a wonderful dis-er, I already have a backup shop on my main card. I love that we can all take care of each other and help with these events!!

So I finished my Mom's card today - lots of shopping for me & my sister. She did Metro flowers, I did Sobeys and LCBO. I used some evouchers for the LCBO. Let them pay for my wine. I finally did Shell on my own card so now 2 cards done. I had done Amazon for her online but it posted horrible so I did a Chapters on Dec 16 for the bonus miles and it posted correctly so I will chase the Amazon miles down later but now I don't have to worry on them counting for my shop the block.
My card - Sobey's, shell, online, Foodland, Car & Truck, Rexall and LCBO. Their card - Shell, Sobey's, Foodland, Metro, LCBO, online Chapters, and Rexall.

I managed to get DD's account finished on Saturday. I decided to do LCBO. I bought 2 bottles of the Henry Pelham wine. I really didn't want/need it but I thought it was the best way to finish up. I was going to do the Samsung offer but in the end decided that if it's going to get harder each time around I might need to save those sign up ones. Anyway, DD had friends over on Sunday night to 'pre' and they drank both bottles of wine. I had a glass and it was really nice so it turned out to be a great purchase....I will be buying more.

Done! Phew.

1. Sobeys - done and posted
2. Children's Place - done and posted
3. Global petfood - done and posted
4. Rexall - done and posted
5. Shell - done and posted
6. Metro - done today!
7. Miss Fresh (25 AM for ordering) - done and meals to be delivered today

Now to wait on those last two to post, I guess just over a week for the Metro. Then the longer wait for the bonus to post.

Managed to do Foodland and Sobey's today...luckily the cashier at my Foodland was on the ball...she said that I did good $50.26 before tax...when she entered the coupon and hit AMEX to pay, the balance reduced to just over $42...we couldn't understand why...so I quickly bought an extra box of frozen breaded coconut shrimp and some applesauce. We were now at $51 before tax. Once I paid, we looked at my receipt and apparently I had an AM offer for Foodland to save 15% when I spent $25. Thank goodness she noticed it and cancelled my payment before it went through...I had no idea I had this offer for Foodland. We managed to get 5 partners for this promotion - not bad considering we were away in WDW/DCL for 3 weeks, had to replace our furnace and a/c upon our return from vacation, then I was sick for a week with possible C-Difficile (so unable to go out until test results came back - negative thank goodness)...I am pleased that we did not purchase anything that we wouldn't normally have done. Okay, the LCBO purchase, but we gave the wine as gifts, so win-win.

Managed to do Foodland and Sobey's today...luckily the cashier at my Foodland was on the ball...she said that I did good $50.26 before tax...when she entered the coupon and hit AMEX to pay, the balance reduced to just over $42...we couldn't understand why...so I quickly bought an extra box of frozen breaded coconut shrimp and some applesauce. We were now at $51 before tax. Once I paid, we looked at my receipt and apparently I had an AM offer for Foodland to save 15% when I spent $25. Thank goodness she noticed it and cancelled my payment before it went through...I had no idea I had this offer for Foodland. We managed to get 5 partners for this promotion - not bad considering we were away in WDW/DCL for 3 weeks, had to replace our furnace and a/c upon our return from vacation, then I was sick for a week with possible C-Difficile (so unable to go out until test results came back - negative thank goodness)...I am pleased that we did not purchase anything that we wouldn't normally have done. Okay, the LCBO purchase, but we gave the wine as gifts, so win-win.
Ohh Noooeeess! I know how brutally ill you've been if they were even considering C-Diff! Hubby went thru that and it took his body years to recover to the point where he can eat most everything he likes , he lost almost 30 lbs in just a little more than 2 months. Hopefully you're on the mend now.

We're down to the last few hours until this promo wraps up for another year and hopefully we've all managed to get our coupons completed. Just a few more quick reminders before 11:59:59 EST
  • Keep ALL of your receipts until the final bonus posts EVEN if the miles have posted to your account you might still need to do some chasing for the full bonus
  • If you need to print off any coupons that appear online only make sure you do that
  • If you do end up forgetting to print coupons you'll still be able to use the files i created on the first page -- there might be some missing from there so be sure you have what you need before this wraps up
  • There is zero reason to chase any miles down yet (unless you're looking for a ton connected to an online shopping transaction) because it will NOT trigger the coupon, might as well wait till February-ish and chase it all down at once
  • The "coupon" bonus for the online shopping won't show up until the promo is over, probably not till January
  • Take all of your receipts, coupons and stuff them inside an intact booklet (if you still have one handy) or an envelope and file it all away somewhere safe until the bonus miles start posting - that should be around middle of February
Thanks again for following along, reporting your findings (both good and bad!) and for keeping this a friendly spot that allowed everyone the chance to earn the most miles possible.

Personal, heartfelt thanks to the gracious DISers who helped the Duck complete both cards
@Disney Addicted ,@marchingstar, @Eveningsong @ottawamom

Ohh Noooeeess! I know how brutally ill you've been if they were even considering C-Diff! Hubby went thru that and it took his body years to recover to the point where he can eat most everything he likes , he lost almost 30 lbs in just a little more than 2 months. Hopefully you're on the mend now.

Thanks Jacqueline...yes, it was a tough time...between the trip and this I lost 25 lbs...I know the dr was just being cautious considering my symptoms but it meant I couldn't go to work so I had some unpaid days, I couldn't go outside the house and I had to be very careful until we got the results because my Mom is a senior with some health issues. My Mom and I celebrated when the results came back negative. I eased back into eating and seem to be doing okay now.

All 7 of my purchases have posted now, Guess it will just be the long wait for the bonus to post. I believe it was around the end of February last year. And a wait for the next big promo I guess!

Individual airmilesshops AM have posted but not the STB AM. Anyone in the same boat?

the bonus miles attached to shopping on line will NOT post for several weeks -- Last year it posted on January 22nd.

I have included a timeline of how previous promos posted in the first post if you're wondering when you'll see the miles ... short answer? Don't expect to see them until mid-February

Ughhh, of course all I was waiting on was my Foodland purchases from the 22nd to show up and they just did today, posted date: the 28th. 🤔

Really airmiles, 1 day late for the promo lol. 🙄

So I'm going to have to bother them to get the proper allotment. This is basically just becoming the norm for me now.

Ughhh, of course all I was waiting on was my Foodland purchases from the 22nd to show up and they just did today, posted date: the 28th. 🤔

Really airmiles, 1 day late for the promo lol. 🙄

So I'm going to have to bother them to get the proper allotment. This is basically just becoming the norm for me now.
Mine as well! URGH ... so annoying, but this is the card that has another problem anyways so I'm not even going to bother chasing it down until the final bonus posts

Any idea when the final bonus will post? Hoping to buy another canadian ticket with airmiles while they are still 20% off but won't make it without the bonus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter