shopDisney Shipping Delays?

I had an issue with my most recent Amazon prime purchase. I received a confirmation of purchase email, my card was charged and when I ordered, it was shown as delivering Thursday. Well, as of yesterday, it was not showing up in my orders and I hadn't received a shipping email. I need it by this Saturday as a gift so I was starting to get nervous and making a tentative Plan B. I got a shipping email this morning saying it should be delivered tomorrow, so I guess we'll see.

I also have an order out from Dick's that tells me it will be delivered today, but since it is currently showing in PA, don't think so.

They actually refunded me, even though they were delivered on Monday (via Amazon delivery van). All weekend the order was showing as "this might be lost" and it never even left Amazon's hands.

I ran into a similar issue, as I ordered on 12/2 and never received a order shipped notification. I sat on hold for 25min last night before having to hang up. I also sent an email but got the same generic response as others. But this morning I tweeted at them @ShopDisney about not having my item ship and receiving an email saying their shipping is "guaranteed" by Christmas (also used the hashtag #falseadvertisingdisney ) and not even 2 hours, I received an order confirmation email. So if you have a twitter, it wouldn't hurt to tweet at them to see if you can get a order status update.

Just to note, I received the package today that I ordered last Monday. That seems a bit longer than usual, but not by a whole lot.

My experience with Disney is that they have always had slow processing times -- as in, slow to actually ship.

In terms of shipping times, I've actually been getting things faster. FedEx Ground delivered on a Sunday and UPS accepted a ground package on a Sunday and delivered next day on a Monday even though it normally would be two business days.

However, as with every December, UPS & FedEx suspend their ground guarantees so if you really need something, choose an air service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts