Shopkicks tips

KSR0330

DIS Veteran
Anyone using Shopkicks? I love Swagbucks and decided to try Shopkicks since they offer Disney gift cards as a reward choice. Are there any successful Shopkicks users out there that can offer tips on how they earn Shopkicks quickly?

The Walk ins points are the easiest, especially if you visit the mall or Outlets. Scans are easy if you make a habit to do it. I personally forget about it most times, but my husband is a champion he had earned aroud $500 in walmart gift cards since he started about a year ago. Now they are offering Disney gift cards I’m motivated!

If you live in an urban area with a mall, that's a sue way to get walk in kicks easily. I live near a discount mall and can get walk ins at 4-5 stores in a matter of 15 minutes . I' think I've earned (7) $10 rewards in the few years I've been doing it.
IMO Shopkicks isn't nearly as good a deal as it was when I started. WALKIN kicks are fewer!!

I have been doing Shopkicks for several years. Mostly walk in kicks, some scans, now that Disney gift cards are added I would also love some ways to maximize rewards.

Fridays and Saturdays there are sometimes bonuses for extra walk-ins. For example, this weekend TJMaxx and Marshalls had 150 walk-in kicks when normally it's 25-50 kicks.

Many stores here, walk-in kicks only require a drive by. So if I don't have time for scans, I try to drive by the stores with high walk ins. Also don't forget to scan receipts if you buy. Bought Legos for Christmas and those were 750 kicks

Had no idea they offered Disney Gift cards now...time to get motivated! Walk-ins are the easiest and I live near a mall which often have a higher amount on the weekends..good time to go and walk the mall and pick up those easy points. Thanks for the heads up!

I just downloaded the App today. I heard about it and since I am one of those that goes to Target a few times a week. Not to mention our weekends are spent at one of many malls in our area since the weather hasn't been great. Any little bit counts these days.

There are some tricks to cut down on time wasted going from store to store for walk-in and scans. A lot of times, I find that I don't have to actually walk in to a store to get the walk-in kicks; it's enough to walk, drive or park nearby. Also, when I'm at a big store like Target, which carries a lot of variety of goods that you can also find in other stores (e.g., apparel, groceries, drinks, pharmacy, electronics, cosmetics, etc.), I'll scan the items for Target, then look at the list of other nearby stores (e.g., drug stores, grocery stores, department stores) for their scannable items, and if Target has it, I'll just scan it there. You can trick the app's geolocation down to within 1 mile, so it'll credit you kicks for scanning a CVS item at Target if the stores are less than a mile apart. Of course, it helps if you're in a densely populated area with a lot of businesses close to each other.

I just downloaded the app yesterday. I was able to do a walk-in for Wal-Mart without going in. I generally pick up my groceries through their grocery pick-up so it's nice to not actually go in. Is scanning receipts only for certain items bought or do you get kicks for the whole amount spent at the store?

I was walking past a TJ Maxx this afternoon and when I opened the app to get the kicks, I noticed that TJ Maxx was offering an extra 200 kicks for signing up for their emails.

I just downloaded the app yesterday. I was able to do a walk-in for Wal-Mart without going in. I generally pick up my groceries through their grocery pick-up so it's nice to not actually go in. Is scanning receipts only for certain items bought or do you get kicks for the whole amount spent at the store?

There are some stores that you can scan the receipt and get 1 kick for each dollar spent, and others just credit you for the item(s). Each has a different icon when you look at what each store offers.

Does anyone know what the limit for walk ins is? My app says that I have to wait 16 days for another walk in to Target, but I can't find how many you're allowed.

Does anyone know what the limit for walk ins is? My app says that I have to wait 16 days for another walk in to Target, but I can't find how many you're allowed.
I don't think there is a set limit, just when they decide to offer walk in kicks.

Shopkicks sets up how much "money" is allocated to activities so it'll vary. Sometimes I can go twice other times 3 or 4 times before I get the lock out. But if there's a special promo that should still show up even if you're in your lock out window. Over the holidays I hit my max at Target but they had a promo weekend and I could walk in those days for the kicks. After that my timer showed back up. What's been consistent is the once per 24 hour period.

Driving by my Target works, but I always seem to have trouble with walk-in kicks at either of the two Wal-Marts I go to. We had quite a few Safeways that closed in our area and even after they started gutting the building and turning it into a gym I could still drive by and get my kicks! Really happy that they are offering Disney cards now!

Shopkicks sets up how much "money" is allocated to activities so it'll vary. Sometimes I can go twice other times 3 or 4 times before I get the lock out. But if there's a special promo that should still show up even if you're in your lock out window. Over the holidays I hit my max at Target but they had a promo weekend and I could walk in those days for the kicks. After that my timer showed back up. What's been consistent is the once per 24 hour period.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!