Shoreside Concierge Response Times?

sweetpee_1993

DIS Veteran
how long does it typically take shoreside concierge to respond to an email with questions/requests? We are under a month from sailing. Sent an email and got the auto-response yesterday but still waiting for my answers. I’m afraid because when hubby upgraded us into concierge last week there was a lot of emphasis placed on this being a surprise for me and not to contact me I’m not going to hear back. Well, I found out & have questions! LOL! I suppose I could just call.....

how long does it typically take shoreside concierge to respond to an email with questions/requests? We are under a month from sailing. Sent an email and got the auto-response yesterday but still waiting for my answers. I’m afraid because when hubby upgraded us into concierge last week there was a lot of emphasis placed on this being a surprise for me and not to contact me I’m not going to hear back. Well, I found out & have questions! LOL! I suppose I could just call.....

I've had it take just under 24 hours in almost every case, Sweetpee. :cutie:

The first time or 2 I tried to phone rather than email, for whatever reason, there was a short hold and then it asked me to leave a voice mail. But after that couple of calls, the few other times I have phoned, I got right through to someone on the team. I must have picked the wrong day or time of day the first couple of calls.

Since you are so close to your sailing, why not call? Oh! And does DH know you know? :joker:

The first time or 2 I tried to phone rather than email, for whatever reason, there was a short hold and then it asked me to leave a voice mail. But after that couple of calls, the few other times I have phoned, I got right through to someone on the team. I must have picked the wrong day or time of day the first couple of calls.

Since you are so close to your sailing, why not call? Oh! And does DH know you know? :joker:

:rotfl2: Yeah, he knows I know! LOL! Saturday night late I thought I’d go look for a cabana (for the 8 millionth time) and there’s was one already booked. I have no idea where shoreside even got that one because I’ve been checking obsessively and there’s been none. It all sorta snowballed from there and I showed him our stateroom number change online. Ha! Now we can be excited and plan together! I still haven’t received a response so I guess I should give them a call. :thumbsup2

Last edited:

:rotfl2: Yeah, he knows I know! LOL! Saturday night late I thought I’d go look for a cabana (for the 8 millionth time) and there’s was one already booked. I have no idea where shoreside even got that one because I’ve been checking obsessively and there’s been none. It all sorta snowballed from there and I showed him our stateroom number change online. Ha! Now we can be excited and plan together! I still haven’t received a response so I guess I should give them a call. :thumbsup2

Well, I'm happy that the secret is now something wonderful to be shared and anticipated. :cutie: That's too funny about the cabana! Had your DH requested one from shoreside concierge? Whatever the case, that's wonderful that you have one and all your plans are really coming together! Sounds like an awesome anniversary celebration! pixiedust:

That is really odd about your not getting a response. I don't recall any emails taking longer than around 24 hours, maybe just a tad more than that once or twice. Hopefully you can get right through when you call!

Well, I'm happy that the secret is now something wonderful to be shared and anticipated. :cutie: That's too funny about the cabana! Had your DH requested one from shoreside concierge? Whatever the case, that's wonderful that you have one and all your plans are really coming together! Sounds like an awesome anniversary celebration! pixiedust:

That is really odd about your not getting a response. I don't recall any emails taking longer than around 24 hours, maybe just a tad more than that once or twice. Hopefully you can get right through when you call!

My hubby forwarded me the email confirming the cabana from our TA (also a friend of ours). It’s so funny to see the exchanges of emails between her & shoreside discussing how NOT to contact me. He upgraded us as a Christmas surprise on an 8-night several years back. Within 2 hrs shoreside had called me to ask what all they could do for us which spilled the beans. I was, again, visiting my parents and taking a nap when I was woke up by the phone. Talk about shock! I, in turn, called hubby and was like “What. Did. You. DO?!?!” We’ve had so many laughs over it since then! So this time there was extra effort for me NOT to be contacted. They even took my phone number out of my profile! But, geez, I’m in my reservations almost daily to look for things like cabanas, etc. We had been watching the remaining cat Ts like hawks. It was down to 3 then 2 vanished in one day. That’s what prompted me to look....and how could I not have noticed that room number change?! Poor hubby! But I’m glad we are on the same page now and we are having a lot of fun sharing all the excitement so no regrets.

So, yes, when he arranged the upgrade he asked our TA to be waitlisted for a cabana if possible. That’s what she emailed to shoreside. Their response was “We have one.” So that’s how we got it. I didn’t think they held any back after the initial 120 day grab. Maybe they had someone else ask to release it but they hadn’t physically let it go yet. I have no idea. But we got #12 and I’m not complaining. LOL!

I’ll call tomorrow! I’m not sure if they’ll let me do it ahead of time but we want to book Palo for dinner every night. We were not concierge on a 4-night in April so we had to go to the dining changes spot on embarkation day to get it. They let us do Palo every night that cruise so we are hoping to do it again this cruise. It was an amazing experience and a bit of a new twist on Palo. I also am trying to find out who our concierge hosts will be. Seriously crossing fingers for Tawanda.

Talking with hubby earlier this evening he wants to have all our toiletries switched to H2O and I’m oretty sure I’ll ask to have our fridge stocked with just water. I definitely should call.

I’m super excited for the trip. What an amazing 25th anniversary this will be! Definitely serious icing on the cake!

Last edited:
My hubby forwarded me the email confirming the cabana from our TA (also a friend of ours). It’s so funny to see the exchanges of emails between her & shoreside discussing how NOT to contact me. He upgraded us as a Christmas surprise on an 8-night several years back. Within 2 hrs shoreside had called me to ask what all they could do for us which spilled the beans. I was, again, visiting my parents and taking a nap when I was woke up by the phone. Talk about shock! I, in turn, called hubby and was like “What. Did. You. DO?!?!” We’ve had so many laughs over it since then! So this time there was extra effort for me NOT to be contacted. They even took my phone number out of my profile! But, geez, I’m in my reservations almost daily to look for things like cabanas, etc. We had been watching the remaining cat Ts like hawks. It was down to 3 then 2 vanished in one day. That’s what prompted me to look....and how could I not have noticed that room number change?! Poor hubby! But I’m glad we are on the same page now and we are having a lot of fun sharing all the excitement so no regrets.

Wow! I just love your cruise story! I think it is so lovely when someone is surprising someone they love. :goodvibes And what an INCREDIBLE surprise! ::yes::

So, yes, when he arranged the upgrade he asked our TA to be waitlisted for a cabana if possible. That’s what she emailed to shoreside. Their response was “We have one.” So that’s how we got it. I didn’t think they held any back after the initial 120 day grab. Maybe they had someone else ask to release it but they hadn’t physically let it go yet. I have no idea. But we got #12 and I’m not complaining. LOL!

I know very little about the cabanas but have read some very good things about #12! No doubt you will LOVE it! I had grabbed one still available next to the grand family one when I first booked, but I "threw it back". :-)

I’ll call tomorrow! I’m not sure if they’ll let me do it ahead of time but we want to book Palo for dinner every night. We were not concierge on a 4-night in April so we had to go to the dining changes spot on embarkation day to get it. They let us do Palo every night that cruise so we are hoping to do it again this cruise. It was an amazing experience and a bit of a new twist on Palo. I also am trying to find out who our concierge hosts will be. Seriously crossing fingers for Tawanda.

Wow! I've always wondered if it was possible to do this. We already have 2 of our 7 nights booked for dinner at Palo as I booked Embarkation night. I bet they make that magic happen for you guys!

Talking with hubby earlier this evening he wants to have all our toiletries switched to H2O and I’m oretty sure I’ll ask to have our fridge stocked with just water. I definitely should call.

I’m super excited for the trip. What an amazing 25th anniversary this will be! Definitely serious icing on the cake!

Just FABULOUS!!! And isn't it fun to be so happily planning the grand anniversary celebration? For me, it really is 1/2 the fun. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! :cake::flower2: (see my comments within your quote)

Just FABULOUS!!! And isn't it fun to be so happily planning the grand anniversary celebration? For me, it really is 1/2 the fun. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! :cake::flower2: (see my comments within your quote)
You’re the sweetest!

It’s so exciting! And I love that hubby & I both love cruising so much. At Christmas we write little pet names for each other on our gift tags. A couple years ago he put “To my favorite cruise buddy” and it melted my little ol’ heart!

I’ve been in cabanas lots of times over the years both with & without being a concierge guest. I’m not much of a beach girl normally but with a cabana I’m on the island aaaaaaall day. I think it’s the foot wash shower thing. I can de-sand myself compulsively. :rotfl2: I’ve been on the family beach all over the place including the double-wide as well as 2 out of 4 at Serenity Bay. They’re such a luxury.....and definitely less painful when splitting the cost with a group of friends. I was just floored that they even had one this late in the game. (Ps. I personally don’t really like the cabanas that are back by the double wide on that littler section of lagoon. I just don’t like the mini-lagoon as much and think the beach area is a bit cramped. If we were on the same sailing I’d totally share with you!)

So I did call shoreside and spoke with a sweet lady but her name eludes me right now! Angela maybe? She put us in for Palo dinner every night & grabbed us a brunch (hubby hasn’t done brunch in Palo on the big ships). I know it seems crazy to do Palo every night. The 4 nights we did it on the Dream in April were simply amazing! We had the same server every night (of course) + the somalier picked up my tastes quickly. She’d suggest a glass to try & hubby would have her bring me the bottle. We even got him to drink a glass and enjoy it! Amazing! Our server also learned our tastes. He suggested things he knew we’d like and even challenged us to step outside our comfort zone a bit. He was super sweet about my (self-imposed) diet restrictions & preferences. ((I’ve been on a weight loss/fitness journey this year.)) The chef even got in on the act & created some things for me. We enjoy the atmosphere so much....so much less chaotic than the MDRs. Cozy. It’s such an indulgence. We’ve done the MDRs lots of times so it’s something different in a way for us to do now. We’ve also done Remy a couple times but don’t really care for how long the experience is. Palo just fits us! So there ya go. Yes, it is possible to book Palo for dinner every night. If you aren’t concierge you can still show up to the dining changes spot on embarkation day to have it put together also.

Hmmmm...other questions.... yes, they will replace all the Elemis products with H2O. And we aren’t big soda drinkers so the fridge will be all water. Yay! I drink a full gallon every day! Oh! And concierge hosts! She said she cannot guarantee who we will have but the current schedule says we will have Tawanda & Michelle. I’m not sure if I’ve had Michelle before. I think maybe? But Tawanda....we love Tawanda so much! I’ll message you our Tawanda tales. He’s an excellent concierge but, moreso, he’s just a fantastic gentleman. I hope you have him, too! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!