Short by 4 points......

SianBeau

Earning My Ears
I'm planning to do a big Vacation next year and we are taking friends with us, so will be using our points for their accommodation. (It's a big birthday and is my present to myself so don't want to sacrifice the rooms I've had planned for the last year if I can help it).

We are 28 points short of what we need for the whole Vacation. I've just spoken to member services and the maximum one time usage points they've said I can purchase is 24, which leaves us 4 short! Does anyone know how we could obtain just 4 points somehow? Or the best way to get around this issue?

You can try to find another member who would be willing to transfer you some points. (You may need to accept more than 4, though, as you are only allowed one transfer per use year either into your account or out of it but not both in the same use year. Because of tht, some members may not be willing to do a small transfer.)

You could rent a one night reservation from another member (or possibly a broker) and then make sure there is a note on both your part of the stay and the rented reservation so that the resort knows it's a continuous stay and you don't want to move between reservations.

Good luck!

Which resort is it? For example if SSR could you choose a non prefered location which is less points? Or if AK a standard or value room? Cut down the points.

Another option is we quite often book a value for the first night. As coming from the UK you get there quite late we don't like using points for that night. Like this year night we arrive we have booked All Star Movies. Get the ME from the airport. Crash. Pick up car the next day from Disney car depot. Transfer to SSR. Got it really cheap ASMo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!