• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Short Visit to DL

rickdeni

Mouseketeer
Forty-one years ago I went to Disneyland. Since that time I have made numerous trips to Disney World and presently am a Disney Vacation Club member at WL. My husband and I were taking a Princess cruise to the Mexican Riviera and had planned a trip west with stops in Phoenix, Las Vegas and Disneyland. We stayed two nights at the Grand Californian. I was extremely disappointed in the hotel for the price. We were given a room ($349 per night) that was the furthest from the elevator which was at least two and one-half hallways. When I asked if there was something closer since I have a problem walking, I was advised that that was my room - some Disney Magic! I did not find any Magic in this hotel. The wake-up call is not Mickey and that is just one of many missing little extras.

We purchased a one day park hopper which was great. The Magic Kingdom was not at all busy in the morning and we were able to do all of favorites including Splash Mountain, Pirates, Big Thunder Railroad, It's a Small World and many others by 1 PM without fast passes. We then went to California Adventure Park and watched a few shows including Aladdin (great show!!!) and went on a few rides that we had heard were good including the highlight of the trip the Soarin Over California ride (used a fast pass for this ride). This was the most realistic ride I have ever experienced.

Next year, it is back with the children and grandchildren to Disney World and the Wilderness Lodge Villas (home) where there is a lot of "Disney Magic".

I was happy to see DL again but seriously doubt I will return.

Sorry to read about your stay at Grand Californian. You'd think for $349 that you'd be accommadated with whatever you asked. It must have been a down day for that CM!!!

Sad to hear this one... why would they be that way? Bless your heart for making the best of it... if they lose all the disney magic in guest relations why go? Hope things will turn around...
anyway thanks for the trip report... will be at dl in Jan. and hope for a nice time...:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter