Short visit with young kids plus cruise

Lightning19

Earning My Ears
My wife and I have been considering a possible Disney trip later this year, and wanted to get some feedback. We would be traveling with our two young kids, ages 2 and 4. We've done several trips with them already, so we have an idea of what to expect with traveling with kids, but this will be the first time taking them to Florida.

Given that the oldest is only 40" tall, we aren't quite ready for a full-fledged Disney trip with all of the parks, so we are considering a 2-day Disney visit followed up by a 3-night Disney cruise out of Port Canaveral.

The current plan is as follows (with some questions):

Tuesday, May 5 - Arrive
Wednesday, May 6 - Magic Kingdom
Thursday, May 7 - Magic Kingdom (or possibly another park, but given that we will need to take afternoon breaks, it seems like 2 MK days are more likely)
Friday, May 8 - DCL transfer to Port Canaveral
Fri-Mon - 3-night cruise on Disney Dream
Monday, May 11 - Return to MCO and depart

A couple of open questions:
- We were considering staying at a value resort (All-Star Movies). Would this be OK given that our dates are sandwiched between two cheerleading weekends (Summit the weekend before, D2 Summit the weekend after)?
- Would you plan on spending both days at Magic Kingdom with young kids?
- Is it still early enough to book this trip? I know that dining reservations start 180 days out, but we weren't too concerned about special dining during out two days in the park since we should have character meet and greet opportunities on the cruise. Are we missing out on anything else by being within the 180 day window?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts