Should Disney have their own LOTR type series or game of thrones

Possible but it comes down to finding a great story that would work as a series of that sort. There are several properties that have a built-in following and could be good candidates. The rights to one of them, The Wheel of Time, is held by Sony and an Amazon television series will start production this fall, so Disney missed the boat on that one. (Lord of the Rings is also being remade into an Amazon series.) The rights to another, Dragonriders of Pern, is currently held by Warner Brothers, but they appear to have lost interest in moving forward, especially given how the dragons thing has been exhausted to some extent by GoT. (This probably means that Pern is off limits until at least 2024.)

Interesting opinion. And one that is different from people who are simply nostalgic for what used to be. They, at least, have their memories. But to want something to go in one direction and to have it grow in a completely different direction - that stings. It isn't something that has happened to me in recent years; I think I learned my lesson (several times) the hard way when I was younger.

Well they tried with The Black Cauldron...it did not go over well. But if they still have the rights it would be cool to do a do-over and have a live action remake of that. Something most people don't actually remember and that they can actually improve on.

Well they tried with The Black Cauldron...it did not go over well. But if they still have the rights it would be cool to do a do-over and have a live action remake of that. Something most people don't actually remember and that they can actually improve on.

There actually are plans to do a live-action version of the Chronicles of Prydain, the book series The Black Cauldron was based on. Disney does still have the rights. I don't know the current status of the project, but it's been kicking around for a while.

Last edited:
I’d love to see Percy Jackson properly adapted or maybe a cinimatic/serial adaptation of Peter and the Starcatcher

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!