Should I accept DCP 2018?

I would imagine that your DCP Offer was like my son's in which you had 48 hours to respond to the offer (I believe it was 48 hours, it was definitely short time limited) . That being the case you are likely beyond the point of being accepted. Not responding to the offer yay or nay, is an automatic decline, so it seems that you have likely declined this opportunity. Perhaps you can apply again later and get an acceptance once again, though I am sure a decline will have some weight on future opportunities but for now I would set my sights to other opportunities th

I did accept the DCP and have already payed my registration. I'm just tired of rejected.. even here in NYC it very difficult to get a job in my field so i've been stuck with the same one for 3 years. I just got another rejection from the DPI and it's very upsetting, i just don't understand why I can't even get a phone interview and i believe my portfolio and skills are actually good enough for this. I would like a portfolio review nonetheless from someone in my field..

Another problem i have with the DCP is that I am a graduate student and regardless of me not knowing the program schedules and subjects of the DCP it just sounds so GenED making it a long shot for my school to credit this.

You may indeed end up feeling like the DCP is below your abilities and you can pretty much count on not participating in a job assignment that correlates to your current degree and anticipated Master's. My son is currently working in an entry level position in his field (non Disney) and will be working quick service at WDW in Jan. So in a way he may be losing opportunity by leaving his current position, however, he looks at it this way, if he puts in the sweat during the DCP it may get his foot in the door so to speak so that he can again apply for something in Disney Conservation, there really isn't much chance of him getting a position as a professional intern or a straight out professional position without having experience in the company. I think you have been finding that out. Go into the DCP with a good spirit, don't think of it as a problem, work hard, go above expectations and make impressions on your leaders. Take every opportunity you are given there, they also offer seminars on resume and interviewing skills. Go to those, you will get an idea of what they may be looking for. Perhaps you can also take an online class or two so you can still be considered enrolled in your schools program and also can continue to work toward your next degree.

Just to update. I got accepted to an Internship with Universal Studios as a Creative which is the Universal Studio equivalent to a Disney Imagineer. I going to have the chance to do what I've dreamed to do for Disney, just with Universal Orlando.

I can't be anymore happy, contented and excited. I can honestly say that I'm letting go of my dream to be an Imagineer and accepting this one because it's just as good, it was in my top 5 dream jobs (#2 to be exact) and I think the Culture fits just perfectly for me. Maybe in the future I'll have another shot at trying to be an imagineer but only if it doesn't work out in the long run with Universal Orlando. Sadly, I can't a refund from the money I spent for Disney Housing but hey, i'm too sad. :D

Anyway, I'll be in Orlando this January and I would love to network.

Just to update. I got accepted to an Internship with Universal Studios as a Creative which is the Universal Studio equivalent to a Disney Imagineer. I going to have the chance to do what I've dreamed to do for Disney, just with Universal Orlando.

I can't be anymore happy, contented and excited. I can honestly say that I'm letting go of my dream to be an Imagineer and accepting this one because it's just as good, it was in my top 5 dream jobs (#2 to be exact) and I think the Culture fits just perfectly for me. Maybe in the future I'll have another shot at trying to be an imagineer but only if it doesn't work out in the long run with Universal Orlando. Sadly, I can't a refund from the money I spent for Disney Housing but hey, i'm too sad. :D

Anyway, I'll be in Orlando this January and I would love to network.
LINKDIN

Okay, let me just be honest here. If you don't want to take the DCP, then you need to give up on Disney and find something else that suits you better.

I really want to clear something up that I disagree with in this thread. The majority of people that end up with professional internships did not do a DCP. While it is completely possible to get a PI doing a CP, from my own personal experience, people are better off focusing and gaining experience in their field and then applying to a PI. DIsney professional internships are insanely competitive and for most PIs, the DCP is not relevant experience. My college program had nothing to do with why I was accepted to my PI. It was becausE I worked my butt off and experience in my field.

The other thing I would caution is that many times a PI does not lead to a job offer in the field. I know people that did a full year of PIs and still didn't get a job offer. In IT especially, they want senior level people and fresh college graduates are generally don't have the level of experience they want to hire. So I really caution people against saying that someone should give up their Disney dream and should pursue a CP. Often times, it is better to get an internship or a job directly related to the field you want to go into rather than doing the CP. When I was a PI, I heard the statistics. The majority of people that get professional internship offers are not college program alumni.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!