Should I allow almost 18 year old daughter to bring boyfriend?

I just wanted to say that when I was a teenager - my parents always allowed me to bring my boyfriend. My younger sister also was able to bring her BF along on family vacations. I think its fun and no one (and no trip) was ruined by including a few more individuals. I will certainly do the same thing as my daughter gets older.

Very old thread but I’d say nope and this is why: pictures.

And then they break up and you’re stuck with him in all your pictures.
Mine did break up with the BF. I don't mind the pictures even though he deserved to get broken up with LOL.

Such an old thread but...I would say yes.

In high school I brought my high school sweetheart and it was fine. I honestly have hardly any memories of the trip and we were together for 3 years. Trip was not great but not bad..just like the relationship I guess.

In college I brought my serious boyfriend. Was with him for 3 years too. He made the trip MISERABLE. Learned a lot about him through the trip and the relarionship did not last long after that.

The last guy I brought to Disney he loved it and it was mostly great memories except some drama involving the crazy ex from above but was settled fast. That trip was honestly so fun and great and I ended up marrying that one.

So Disney helped me choose who to ditch and who to keep. Haha.

Such an old thread but...I would say yes.

In high school I brought my high school sweetheart and it was fine. I honestly have hardly any memories of the trip and we were together for 3 years. Trip was not great but not bad..just like the relationship I guess.

In college I brought my serious boyfriend. Was with him for 3 years too. He made the trip MISERABLE. Learned a lot about him through the trip and the relarionship did not last long after that.

The last guy I brought to Disney he loved it and it was mostly great memories except some drama involving the crazy ex from above but was settled fast. That trip was honestly so fun and great and I ended up marrying that one.

So Disney helped me choose who to ditch and who to keep. Haha.

I love your story!

We're in Canada. My college son can't bring his girlfriend (an Iranian citizen) to Disney World in the US. But, he was wistfully saying he wished he could. I asked, but where would she sleep? The young lady is, after all, still living with her parents.

He said, "We'd get a hotel room together!"

I said, "And her parents would be cool with that?"

Replies my son, blithely, "Oh, they don't have to know! I'll just tell them she's bunking with you guys." :eek:

He's passing up on the next trip with us, nominally for school reasons, but I think in large part because he doesn't want to leave her behind. She's a lovely girl, and probably better than he deserves. I hope their relationship works out, and I hope he can show her Disney some day!

Ideally, without lying to her parents. :faint:

Yes. Imagine making all those plans and they break up right before the trip or worse, during the trip! On our last trip, DD was having boyfriend issues. He was on his own trip posting photos of himself with other girls. She flipped out and spent way too much time texting him and getting upset. It definitely affected our vacation negatively. After 18 months together they had a very ugly breakup. Had he been with us, and they were fighting over whatever, that would be much worse.

My extended family has a "rule" that no boyfriends/girlfriends join family trips until an engagement (with a ring and a wedding date) has been set. This rule has worked for at least 45 years and is still in effect.

My extended family has a "rule" that no boyfriends/girlfriends join family trips until an engagement (with a ring and a wedding date) has been set. This rule has worked for at least 45 years and is still in effect.
Smart

Take lots of different pictures, some with the BF, some without and some just with DD and BF. Use the ones with DB in the scrapbook. If BF becomes DD's DH, then you still can add some of the pictures with him in or make a separate book for them.

I can't tell if you're still waiting to travel with a boyfriend/girlfriend or not ...

I say no. My kids can vacation with their GF/BF when they can foot the bill themselves. I have an 18 year old son and if he asked me to bring his GF on a trip I would tell him he's old enough to pay and go on his own vacation with his GF.

Take lots of different pictures, some with the BF, some without and some just with DD and BF. Use the ones with DB in the scrapbook. If BF becomes DD's DH, then you still can add some of the pictures with him in or make a separate book for them.

Maybe I'm strange, but I don't even worry about that. I have pictures of good times with former boyfriends, and that doesn't bother me. I expect the same of my kids, that they can have the maturity to understand that failed relationships are part of life and not feel a need to pretend they never happened or regret the good times just because he didn't turn out to be "the one".

Oh this is a tough one if he is a good kid....probably no, because who wants to sleep in the same room as their kid's gf/bf?

Maybe I'm strange, but I don't even worry about that. I have pictures of good times with former boyfriends, and that doesn't bother me. I expect the same of my kids, that they can have the maturity to understand that failed relationships are part of life and not feel a need to pretend they never happened or regret the good times just because he didn't turn out to be "the one".

It wouldn't bother me either, just replying to someone who said picture were the reason not to take a child's BF or GF, should they break up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!