• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I buy at BC!!!

barlitz

Mouseketeer
I'm wondering if I should buy a contract at BC and use it strictly for renting, There are some 270 point contracts at the TST, Because most people think its the DVC God I should have no problem renting. I ran some numbers and it would take about 8 years before I start turning a profit. Carlton Sheets would be proud of me, I could become the next Donald Trump. I'm gonna have to get a six pack of old milwaukee and give this some serious thought :laughing:

Sounds like the next commercial renter to get booted. You gonna change your name to Barpurple and write your own recommendations for renters???;)

You know, I have heard of a lot of success stories with renting and very few nightmare scenarios; however, doing a totally rent thing would just multiply the possibilities of getting "that one renter" that could jeopardize your contract, since the owner is the one responsible for any damages.

Have you factored paying damages and losing your membership into your eight year break-even spreadsheet?

Heck, you better buy soon. It could take 10 years at the prices BC sells for (And if this is your idea of a good investment I got some land I can sell you, I bet you could turn a profit on it much sooner then 8 years... just as soon as we get this small water problem dealt with ....).

It was only a joke ;) Just tired of BC owners bashing SSR. If I were to add on points it would be at CRV :banana:

It was only a joke ;) Just tired of BC owners bashing SSR. If I were to add on points it would be at CRV :banana:

HEY!

I own at both and love both resorts!

But I just find it easier to "walk" home after the F&W when staying at BCV!;)

j

Well now you're talking. We can always start up a dummy company, sell prime F&W ressies at BCV and holidays ressies at CRV. Why not reap the rewards from others' desperation and inexperience?

Seriously, I'm with you. Save Boardwalk for the enthusiasts and give me my CRV. I just hope Disney does a really good job designing CRV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter