• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I buy HH or VB?

stlrod

DIS Veteran
My wife and I bought a Marriott property in Orlando 5 years ago and will have it paid off in 3 months. Even though we are very happy we bought at Marriott rather than onsite (we had initially intended to buy DVC when we went down to Orlando), we have always said that once we pay it off, we would buy at HH or VB. Now the question becomes which one. We've stayed at both and enjoy both. From a financial apsect, is one preferable to the other? I would definitely be interested in knowing whether either carries ownership as opposed to a lease like the onsite properties. Are points at one less expensive than the other? Does one require a lesser minimum? IS one harder to get into than the other? Any special perks with buying at one or the other. We'll be staying at HH next week (it's funny--I prefer it to the Marriott proerties where Marriott has its dominance) and will probably stop by to get some of our questions answered by a salesperson. However, probably more valuable than the info I get there would be input from current members. Any help/comparisons would be appreciated.

HH may be harder to get into because of the seasonal aspect. Members mostly want to visit in the summer, where Vero has more year round season available.

You'll like the Marriott resorts at HH. There are several of them.

But the big question is where do you want to stay more often? That's where you should buy.

Just got back from VB and HH. We were tod both are at 80% capacity and expect to be "sold out "in six months. I found VB to be in the poorest condition as compared to OKW and HH. Rooms were generally dirty and smaller than OKW. Both are beautiful. Personally, I'd go with HH.

Wow! That's the first negative on room conditions that I've heard about Vero!

Since you've been to both, I'd try to figure out which one has the most appeal for you. You might also consider the Marriotts in Hilton Head and the Florida coast and decided whether you prefer DVC or Marriott. Sounds like maybe you are leaning toward HHI as your choice.

All the DVC property ownerships revert to Disney in early 2042. However, the Vero resort is a condominium ownership while the WDW resorts are called a "leasehold" condominium. I'm not sure about the technicalities in terms except it has something to do with Vero being the "real word" instead of "WDW".

We're looking into purchasing additional points at another location, (have @ OKW and BWV). We we're thinking the same thing. Resales are lower for VB (than OKW or BWV) on the broker markets.

So we where thinking about buying VB - never gone to HH! I hear it is exquisite!

Hope to do a trip with the "girlfriends" in January - probably too cold though?

Have you been to HH in Jan/Feb?

I have not heard of Vero being in the poorest condition, nor have I experienced any poor condition there as compared to BWV, since I haven't stayed in HH or OKW.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

We own at HH, OKW, and Vero.

You need to buy where you prefer to go!
People will give you various suggestions.
If we could only have one it would be HH--

Linda

HH in January is going to be real cool.
As to which to buy VB or HH, it may depend on where you live. If you are close to HH it makes for an easy trip by car to get there. Same is true of VB. The winter months at HH would be easy to get into with the 7 month window. but not the summer. VB would be easy with the 7 month window except in the winter. A lot of DVC owners at WDW like VB to extend their trip by a few days at the beach.

I stayed in an Inn Room at Vero on June 2-9 this year. It was very clean. The Inn Rooms are 360 Sq Ft according to the brochure which is slightly smaller than an OKW Studio (376 Sqft), but the same size as a studio at VWL and BW,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter