Should I do a split stay for UO and WDW?

dadschum

Mouseketeer
Thinking of a trip for June 2019 for 10 nights. Day 1 arrive, Day 2 & 3 tour UO, Day 4 start the Disney portion of our vacation (or this could be done in reverse).

I can get a condo at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for a really good price through my cousin. I have 2 ideas and want your thoughts: And we will have a car.

1. Stay the first 3 nights at an off site hotel near UO (thinking Comfort Suites on Canada Ave) and then transfer on day 4 to WBC.

2.Book the whole 10 nights at WBC.

Option 1 - the Comfort Suites Canada Ave is cheaper for 3 nights then WBC is, even at the good rate I will get, and it is closer to UO for getting there in the morning.

Option 2 - advantage to that is 1 check in and we settle in for the long haul - no moving hotels.

Not sure which one is more worth it. I would save about $350 going with option 1 and I would be that much closer to UO for the time we are there but picking up and moving is a huge PIA and my group likes to make things easy. Is it much of a pain to get to UO in the morning rush hour from WBC? Not sure we would rope drop anything, not that kind of a group, but would want to get there by probably 10am latest. The savings would be great but not the most important thing.

What do you think? Thanks!

Hi I have not stayed at either of those two. As far as getting to UO in the morning from WBC depends on the day and time. There can be heavy traffic during morning week day and late after noon around Orlando. If you are not on a time schedule then I think it is okay.
Personally I would stay as close to UO as I could. I like to make my back and forth to parks as easy as possible. We do split stays all the time and enjoy it. We have done it with Disney resorts as UO with their on-site resorts.

You don't have your time in June that you are going. If it is from the middle to the end of June it will be crowded there. Then that will bring into how much you want to do and if Express Pass is an option for you.

Just want to throw this out if you are going to do a split stay. I know it is more money but you could do Royal Pacific Resort for two or three nights if you think you would want to or need the EP. If you stay 1 night you will get EP check in day and check out day. You always get 2 days for each night.

This June we will be coming in late so we will stay off-site for a night then transfer to Royal Pacific for 5 nights then transfer again to another area for 3 nights.

For me my vacations are all about stress free and what makes our trip happy. Having EP at UO and being on-site does that. We don't mind split stays but a lot of people don't and I totally understand it.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter