Should I Do a three night cruise ?

Garyjames220

DIS Veteran
so far we have done two 7 night cruises

Next year ( we are from uk, in our late 20s, no kids )we are going to do 11 days in WDW

We fancy doing the cruise after the parks so would arrive on the Monday and do the three night cruise the following Friday

Other option is doing the 4 night cruise first on the Monday and then the parks

I need to take my holidays like Monday to Sunday so we can't really do the parks then a 4 night cruise as it would mean us taking over two weeks holiday which I can't really do at work and if I done the 4 night cruise after the parks it would end on a Friday which doesn't really work

What would u do and is the three night cruise still worth doing

Hope this makes sense lol

As long as you go into it knowing that it will be short and there is no way to do everything, I'd do it. You could use those 3 nights to just chill after 11 days in the parks.

As long as you go into it knowing that it will be short and there is no way to do everything, I'd do it. You could use those 3 nights to just chill after 11 days in the parks.

U wouldn’t do the 4 night before the parks then ?

We have done a 3-day/night but it is our least preferred (almost giving up on the line some days are better than none). First night after leaving port the day just seems so rushed, the 2nd night we've enjoyed a relaxing day on-ship (we no longer get off at Nassau) and the 3rd night after Castaway our bags are already in the hall waiting to be taken (why so soon). After it always seems to us (at least me) that we really only had the one full day to enjoy the ship because of the shoulder days being getting settled and the last regretting it is already over. The one advantage of a 3-day is you can book or make that next placeholder while on-board for the longer planned cruise.

I have greatly enjoyed two 3-day cruises and would do one again. I don’t understand the “bad rap” they get. Yes, of course I’d like a longer cruise but if that’s all time/money/schedule permits, then I’m gonna enjoy the heck out of those 3 days.

Our family just went on a 7 night Disney Eastern Caribbean in August. We had previously been on two 4 night Disney cruises. We all agree we would never do a shorter cruise again! but then again after 11 days at the park my wife would love the 3 night cruise to relax and unwind.

Aww well think that settles it and we will go for the three day cruise

Sadly the 7 night cruises priced us out and we are going on symphony of the seas this year instead

But love dcl so thought 3 nights is surely better than nothing

It’s choice is 14 nights in the parks or 11 nights in the parks and the three night cruise

Me and my partner got engaged at castaway cay two years ago. So we would love to go back

Might be a rush but not as rushed as all those Park days I guess lol

Any other tips for us, it’s our first time on the dream too

Hey, if you have the money to spend and time is a question, any time on these wonderful ships is bonus to a trip like yours. Thanks for coming over and spending your hard-earned money here in the States.

The 3 day is too short if that is all the time you have to cruise. I did do a three day once to get place holder discount and as a transition mid trip for the parks to go from Halloween to Christmas.

Did several days at a park then a short cruise in 2013. The parks exhausted us and by the time we recovered on the cruise, the cruise was over.

I’d do a short cruise first.

In fact, that’s exactly what I’m doing later this month: 3 night cruise THEN WDW.

Did several days at a park then a short cruise in 2013. The parks exhausted us and by the time we recovered on the cruise, the cruise was over.

I’d do a short cruise first.

In fact, that’s exactly what I’m doing later this month: 3 night cruise THEN WDW.

Sounds good. Wish my trip was as soon as that

Making a 3-day fun is all about attitude. The fact that you have been on DCL cruises before will help too. You've already done a lot of the things on the ship. You've done a lot of ports. More than ever you should not try to do everything.

We did a 4-day about a year after a 7 day and it still felt plenty long (even 3 would have) because we didn't have a long list of "have to's" we just spent each day eating and lounging and walking around the ports, and watching shows, etc. It was luxurious, even though it was shorter because we didn't rush or cram, just one long session of pamper and relaxation...

And like Beth said, after 11 days in the parks, that relaxation will be fantastic. WAY better than before the parks (unless your normal life is so crazy that you need 4 days on the ship to prepare for 10 days in the parks...)

Making a 3-day fun is all about attitude. The fact that you have been on DCL cruises before will help too. You've already done a lot of the things on the ship. You've done a lot of ports. More than ever you should not try to do everything.

We did a 4-day about a year after a 7 day and it still felt plenty long (even 3 would have) because we didn't have a long list of "have to's" we just spent each day eating and lounging and walking around the ports, and watching shows, etc. It was luxurious, even though it was shorter because we didn't rush or cram, just one long session of pamper and relaxation...

And like Beth said, after 11 days in the parks, that relaxation will be fantastic. WAY better than before the parks (unless your normal life is so crazy that you need 4 days on the ship to prepare for 10 days in the parks...)

That’s interesting

I hope your right and it feels long for us too

We've done parks both pre- and post-cruise and they were both great. Personally, I would pick a 4 night cruise over the 3 night one. We did a 3 night on the Magic a few years ago and it was far too short. You barely get settled in (or not settled in at all) and you have to leave. I would do the 4 night cruise and then do the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter