Should I do it?

PlutoTheDog89

DIS Veteran
29/M... I am going to Disney for Christmas with my parents and sister from 12/24-1/1.

I'm thinking about scheduling a quick trip during Veterans Day Weekend. I've always wanted to go to the Christmas party. I run a blog, podcast and instagram account about Disney and figured I'd go and grab some photos.

My family is very good at waiting for me to take photos... but you know.. I feel like I'm putting them at a disadvantage and slowing them down... then I feel rushed.

On the other side, I feel like traveling alone—especially to Disney as an almost-30-year-old guy could be weird and lonely.

Has anyone done it? I'm really into photography lately and think a photo-focused trip could be cool. On the flip side, I could easily save the $1k or so and just stay around NYC and photograph stuff, then wait till our Xmas trip and go out early/stay out late for photos.

29/M... I am going to Disney for Christmas with my parents and sister from 12/24-1/1.

I'm thinking about scheduling a quick trip during Veterans Day Weekend. I've always wanted to go to the Christmas party. I run a blog, podcast and instagram account about Disney and figured I'd go and grab some photos.

My family is very good at waiting for me to take photos... but you know.. I feel like I'm putting them at a disadvantage and slowing them down... then I feel rushed.

On the other side, I feel like traveling alone—especially to Disney as an almost-30-year-old guy could be weird and lonely.

Has anyone done it? I'm really into photography lately and think a photo-focused trip could be cool. On the flip side, I could easily save the $1k or so and just stay around NYC and photograph stuff, then wait till our Xmas trip and go out early/stay out late for photos.

There are a lot of us older guys, some of us older than you(I am 38), that would not hesitate to do Disney solo. I am planning a trip down next year myself. Nobody will care as long as you don't do anything inappropriate. Everyone is there for a vacation after all.

Tack on a few solo days to the beginning of your December trip.
It’s easier to go solo if you are anticipating the arrival of friends and/or family.

I agree with ensusieasm. Add on a few days before your December trip. Its fun doing your own thing while waiting for your travelmates to arrive .I just stayed for 2 days before my husband arrived since he couldn't get off from work. I had a 9 day vacay and he had 7 days. I was able to chill at the pool ,take lots of boat rides ,tour dvc copper creek cabins and visit the new bar and grill at copper creek and I even went to magic kingdom and animal kingdom alone. I met several people who were alone also. It didn't feel weird at all. Have fun

32 and just got back from 2 days solo. I really enjoyed it because i could go at my own pace but that pace is a million miles an hour. Banged out all the rides i wanted from 3 of the parks in 2 days. Was getting kind of bored towards the end so glad my friends met me. I'd do it, it was an awesome experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!