Should I drop Shula's for Raglan Road?

cdnusagurl

Mouseketeer
Looking at our itinerary right now and it looks like I may have slightly overbooked our ADRs. I only want one a day and with us spending a majority of our evenings in the parks, it looks like we won't be able to go to Raglan Road and Shula's during this trip. Now we come from Canada, so we don't have either restaurant near where we live, however my husband is a steak fanatic who also has a deep love for Irish dance and music.

So I'm stuck. If you had to choose one over the other, which would it be and why?

2 extremely different dining experiences.

Shula's is probably the best all around restaurant on property. The food is fantastic, the service has always been great, the atmosphere is very quiet and relaxing. Plus, a walk on the Boardwalk after dinner makes for a very nice evening. Of course, this comes with a bigger price tag.

The food at Raglan Road is good, nothing amazing, but it's good. The atmosphere is a lot louder than Shula's (depending on where you sit, conversation at your table can be difficult), but that doesn't make it worse, it is just different. Just keep in mind there are tables that are not in the main room, so you may not necessarily get a view of the dancers (but with those tables you can still hear the music and have a conversation at your table). The price is a little more pocket friendly than Shula's. Also, if you are attached to the DDP, this is on it while Shula's isn't.

With that being said, while you may not have a Shula's near where you live, I am sure you have a nice steakhouse close enough. A restaurant like Raglan Road might be more difficult to come by. So, IMO, Shula's is by far the more superior restaurant in just about every way, however, if you are looking for an experience that may be more difficult to come by, I'd go with RR. Or make an exception and see if you can fit both into your schedule.

I would choose Raglan Road. Shulas is nice, but I’ve had better steaks elsewhere. Raglan Road has a fun menu and the entertainment is great. Plus, you can get steak there. One option to consider is trying Raglan for lunch or brunch so you can make Shulas your night restaurant and still get in Raglan.

The are both great places but for different experiences and you will have to make a tough choice. Shula's has by far the better food but Raglan's has good (not great) food but an incredible atmosphere and you can really find yourself getting into the music (but it can be very loud).

I feel like I am one of the only people who has had a bad meal at Shula's, but we were really unimpressed. I would choose Raglan Road.

I've always had great food at Raglan Road.

I'm not a Don Shula fan, so I'm not interested at eating at his restaurants, but that's probably not an issue for most people.

Looking at our itinerary right now and it looks like I may have slightly overbooked our ADRs. I only want one a day and with us spending a majority of our evenings in the parks, it looks like we won't be able to go to Raglan Road and Shula's during this trip. Now we come from Canada, so we don't have either restaurant near where we live, however my husband is a steak fanatic who also has a deep love for Irish dance and music.

So I'm stuck. If you had to choose one over the other, which would it be and why?
Choose Shulas for dinner! The steak is fabulous and won't be forgotten. If you spend anytime shopping in Disney Springs , stop by for a drink at Raglan Road. Check their website for days/ times of bands.

We ate at Raglan Road last week for the first time (4 adults for an early dinner). We'd all highly recommend it. The food was delicious, decor reminded us of an upscale Irish pub, and the service was great. We could hear the entertainment but we actually preferred our quiet corner table without the stage view. Also, just FYI, the hostess was turning people away at the entrance as they were totally booked for the night (spring break crowd, maybe).

I would choose Raglan Road. Shulas is nice, but I’ve had better steaks elsewhere. Raglan Road has a fun menu and the entertainment is great. Plus, you can get steak there. One option to consider is trying Raglan for lunch or brunch so you can make Shulas your night restaurant and still get in Raglan.

I didn't even know they served brunch, so thank you for the tip since we were able to fit it into our off day on the weekend of our trip. We're doing brunch at Raglan Road at 11:45am and dinner at Shula's at 8:30pm which should give us more than enough time to get hungry again.

I didn't even know they served brunch, so thank you for the tip since we were able to fit it into our off day on the weekend of our trip. We're doing brunch at Raglan Road at 11:45am and dinner at Shula's at 8:30pm which should give us more than enough time to get hungry again.
So glad you can fit it in and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. We will be there on May 5th! They had the show during brunch, but it was much less crowded than in the evening and we could still hear each other talk. I had their delicious version of corned beef and cabbage- they call it something else and it tastes different, but very good. All the breakfast foods that passed by also looked delicious.

Since your husbands enjoys Irish music and dancing I would choose Raglan Road. I have not been personally, but have reservations for eight the last week in May. I am excited about giving it a go.

I would do Raglan Road. We like both but, for us, Shula's just isn't a restaurant we want to do while at WDW because we have one in our own city and there is one in every major city here in the US. It just doesn't feel like "Disney" to us for that reason. The only Raglan Road we have seen before is at WDW so that makes it kind of special to us.

The answers here, considering how close St. Patrick's Day is, may be somewhat slanted toward Ragland Road.

Shula's will be quiet and Raglan will be noisy. What kind of environment do you want to eat in? Do you prefer great food (Shula's) or great entertainment (Raglan?) Are you willing to pay for an expensive dining experience (Raglan) or be forced to take out a 2nd mortgage (Shula's?) I prefer refinancing the house and eating steak but both have their qualities.

If we are having brunch at 11:45am, when would you make the dinner ADR? Adults and kids. Thanks!!

I would do Raglan Road. We like both but, for us, Shula's just isn't a restaurant we want to do while at WDW because we have one in our own city and there is one in every major city here in the US. It just doesn't feel like "Disney" to us for that reason. The only Raglan Road we have seen before is at WDW so that makes it kind of special to us.

Shula NYC closed down. It was located in the Times Square area which meant it was dependent on tourism. Still, NY is the home of some great steak restaurants so people will just drown their sorrow at another chop house, or 3, LOL.

Last Shula I went to was in either in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami (the man has family down there so we visit frequently). Credible steaks and lamb chops.

Food: Shula's.
Entertainment: Raglan Road.

You will choose.

Perfect answer.

Tough call. I had the steak at RR last Fall & it was very good. Not wonderful but very good.
I've enjoyed RR at least 5+ times & never had a bad meal or bad experience.
If you have great steak options at home or are planning Yachtsman or Jiko at WDW, pick RR for the entertainment & very good food.
But if your family wants a great steak & that is the one & only priority, Shula's is top.

I love the food at Raglan Road. And the entertainment is not to be beat. They have THe BeST bread pudding I've ever had. For that alone it's worth it. It's a "must" when we go. Last year my 4yo got up on stage and danced. It was ADORABLE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter