Should I get a birthday pin for a birthday that is happening a few days after the trip?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
Is it obnoxious to have my daughter wear a birthday pin when her birthday is 2 days after the end of our trip?

Definitely get the pin and let her enjoy her birthday a little early at Disney!

Not obnoxious at all! My niece's birthday occurred during our joint family vacation....but we arrived several days after my Nephew's. We designated one of our trip days to be his birthday.

My DH turns 50 in May. Our kids are still in school so there won’t be a Disney Trip to celebrate on his day. Instead we are going in August. I already told him we are getting a pin to celebrate and he is dreading it!

Heck, we got engaged in Disney. Shortly there after we went to the desk at the Poly to ask what time the water parade was as I assumed it was still at 9 (this is 18+ yrs ago). The CM at the desk mentioned how nice and shiney my ring was and I said thank you and I just got it. She told us the time and we walked away. Ok not that I ever expect anything for free but it would of been nice to say congrats here is some free chocolate on us. So I am taking full advantage of a 50th Birthday...I wouldn’t take advantage of my kids turning 12, 15 or 17 next year though, or me turning 47. But 50 is big so we need to celebrate!

No it is not obnoxious, if you're celebrating her b-day in advance, why not get the b-day pin in advance? If it will make her feel special, go for it.

Get the pin! I wore mine the entire week of my trip for my birthday.

I think that's fine!
What about 2 weeks lol? My DD turns 6 two weeks before our trip, we can't go on her birthday due to school. The trip is her present so no party at home. We're getting a cake while there too. I probably won't actually do it, but I know she'd think it was awesome.

We did it for my daughter for her 16th birthday. She wanted a trip to DL instead of a party but school was in session on her actual birthday. We went a couple weeks early during a school break instead but she still wore the button since it was her birthday trip.

Isn't it everyone's Birthday everyday at Disney? :)

No.

And I will be the dissenter. I think picking a random day to celebrate as your birthday makes your actual birthday a little less special. Your birthday is your birthday. Not a random date picked out for convenience. And I say that as someone who, do to my job, will never be able to celebrate my birthday at WDW. I can't have vacation that time of year.

I don't think any harm is done really, by celebrating. But then I can't help but remember a poster not too long ago who complained that all they got were a bunch of Happy Birthday wishes.

Having said that, you won't get your daughter thrown into Disney Jail by celebrating her birthday on a day not her birthday.

This is a dumb question....is it a special pin I get from Disney or a generic bring your own? My 22 yo daughter will be flying in on her birthday to join the rest of us already there. She will be leaving 2 days later, but hey, it's her birthday :)

This is a dumb question....is it a special pin I get from Disney or a generic bring your own? My 22 yo daughter will be flying in on her birthday to join the rest of us already there. She will be leaving 2 days later, but hey, it's her birthday :)

It is a special pin.

No.

And I will be the dissenter. I think picking a random day to celebrate as your birthday makes your actual birthday a little less special. Your birthday is your birthday. Not a random date picked out for convenience. And I say that as someone who, do to my job, will never be able to celebrate my birthday at WDW. I can't have vacation that time of year.

I don't think any harm is done really, by celebrating. But then I can't help but remember a poster not too long ago who complained that all they got were a bunch of Happy Birthday wishes.

Having said that, you won't get your daughter thrown into Disney Jail by celebrating her birthday on a day not her birthday.
I am usually the "Birthday Button Grinch", LOL. I don't agree with adults "celebrating" their birthday willy-nilly and I believe that it takes away from the people whose birthday is actually on that day (or close). I think that if you're a few weeks either side of your actual birthday you should go ahead and have fun. If it's any more than that ... meh. It's not been a very popular opinion here on the DIS.

That being said, Disney knows that people who "celebrate" spend more money and THEY don't care when your birthday really is. If you want to "celebrate" your birthday for the whole week 6 months late/early, you can be their guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter