• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I Go Solo?

CourtasanSatine

<font color=blue>I'm partial to the 4th seaters<br
I'm thinking about a solo trip for next winter.Is it worth flying solo in WDW? I'm 23 and a single woman

It's worth it to me. I'm about to make my 4th solo trip this year.

Oh, yes-definitely. I just made my 5th solo trip. You can read some of my responses on my thread of questions. I think every trip gets more and more enjoyable. And I really enjoyed my first one! Now I wonder how I ever got along with what I now call my "yearly mental health retreat." I'm a school teacher, and DH agrees that I really need this time away. I love it!

There is no question about it...it's well worth. You will be able to do what you want...when you want....and as many times as you want. Your first solo trip may start out a little strange, but within a very short time you will be blending right in with the others. I have just arrived back from my fifth solo trip and I find myself already looking forward to going back next year.

I have gone a number of time with others, but you always find yourself not being able to really take in everything around you and of course others may not enjoy the same rides as you do.

Your first solo meal may seem strange, but trust me you'll be fine after that.

It's also fun to find out what other "DIS" solo travelers may be there the same time. You may be able to meet up for a meal or something.

If you have any questions about solo traveling, please feel free to either post the question, or email anyone of us and i'm sure we can answer any of your questions or concerns.

It was worth it to me. I did several solo trips in my late 30's and 40's. It is a different experience to any other at WDW. You make all the decisions, even if it means I am just going to wonder around or sit here and people watch.

My main problem is how to convine the rents that solo travel is almost a need for the modern 20-something.I want to travel on my own at least once

"My main problem is how to convine the rents that solo travel is almost a need for the modern 20-something."

Sorry, but I'm really not sure what this means....convine the rents.

But, once you have tried this once, it will not be the only time. You will find yourself doing this more and more.

What's up with that? If you are in your 20s, they should be ready to let go. Of course if they have to finance the trip, that is another story. My own son is 25, he has been traveling since he was 2, accompanied by me or my parents or someone until he was 13 or so, then he did a trip to Mexico with the spanish club at school (a cruise), he went on several band trips in HS, and has lived on his own since he was 17. He is not the most responsible guy, but he pays his own way. If he decides to go somewhere, he goes. So, if you are a responsible young adult, and can make the parents comfortable allowing you to travel, then come on down. WDW is the best place, you really can't get into toooooo much trouble (Caution. Pleasure Island, very cool place to hang out anmd party with other 20 somethings, shhhh, don't tell mom and dad!!!). Ask nice.....

How far is Panama City from WDW? I may have a how to get there angle worked up

is about 6 to 7 hour drive to WDW, not very close.Why do you need an angle? Honesty is the best policy, if you can prove you wouldn't have a problem going, then you should just ask.

Yes, go solo. I did it last year and loved every bit of it. You can go where you want, when you want and how you want and not worry about anyone fighting you over it.

Steven

Mickeyfan1:good point,but I may be able to avoid the airport if I piggyback my trip with my mom's trip to Panama City(and save some money at the same time)

next question:which hotel and is a package worth the time(without airfare)

Hi CourtasanSatine

This is my own opinion, but I would never do a package. With so many disney codes available, just do yourself a favor and book your room yourself. At that point you just need to get your flight and also decide on what type of tickets you'll need. Again this is only my thoughts, but it has saved me a ton of money when I take solo trips to disney.

I'm quite sure that others will have additional input when it comes to planning your solo trip.

As far as a room and such, you might want to go to the budget board and ask some questions there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter