Should I go!?

ETA: Wouldn't it be best to go ahead and purchase regular tickets so we can do our fastpasses at Day 60 and wait to upgrade until we are on site? I want to do the upgrade very last minute so we can try and go back very early summer 2019. If we buy APs when we purchase our tickets then they would expire before then.

Yes, that would be the best of both worlds.

Thanks. I can't believe that just a few months ago I was kicking myself for agreeing to go to Disney World and now I am planning on buying APs! lol

I say go - but look into getting an AP for him or both of you. When you reach 2 trips which might total 10 days it just makes sense. Especially when you factor in discounts- dining (usually 10%), shopping (20%) the AP includes right now the photopass photos (to get the memory maker is ~$169) and you might be able to get a better room discount being an AP holder. Even if he goes and would get a conference ticket it might not make sense for him to actually get it -- it might not be upgradable to an AP - so look at all your options. You are right anyone on here will say -- the more you go the better so you probably are talking to the wrong crowd if you are expected anyone to say -- no don't go. Lol!!

I think I know what most responses will be on this board but I am curious what you all think, anyway.

My husband and I just got back from an AMAZING Disney vacation over Christmas. We came back and immediately began looking for when we could return. We are thinking Mardi Gras 2019 since it will not be very close to Presidents Day in 2019 and we are off a few days since we are in education and work in Louisiana.

However, my husband is going back in a couple of weeks for a conference and ANOTHER conference has been offered to him at Disney in June of this year. Since I am a teacher I am off all summer and have the opportunity to go along.

The pros, of course, are that the room is paid for and he will receive a per diem for food so a lot of his food will be covered and his plane ticket is also covered. The costs will be anything he spends in food over his per diem (easy to do at Disney), my plane ticket and both of our park tickets (but he will get a special conference rate since he wont be able to go into the park until the afternoon).

I am thinking it is a no-brainer. When will we ever get to go to Disney for so cheap? However, this is late June. I can just imagine it being 95 degrees every day and absolutely miserable. I would rather go during the busiest time of year like we just did than deal with heat.

I don't want to spend all that money on me and end up not wanting to even step foot in the parks until it is dark. My tickets will be full day tickets since I am not part of the conference. I don't mind going back to the room mid-day for a nap so I guess that is an option. I could always just go as early as possible and when the heat is too much go back to the room until my husband is done and we can go back together when it is (hopefully) cooler.

Should I bite the bullet and commit? I hate to pass up a Disney trip and I want to be decided soon so I can make sure to get our fastpasses at the 60 day mark and begin working on dining reservations.

My husband might have a conference in June, too. We have APs, so it’s a no brainer for us to tag along. I say go for it if park tickets won’t break the bank. Free hotel and some free travel and food makes it worth it! I’m also from Louisiana, but I’m not worried about the heat. After freezing our butts off the last few days I am ready to sweat! :rotfl:

I think I know what most responses will be on this board but I am curious what you all think, anyway.

My husband and I just got back from an AMAZING Disney vacation over Christmas. We came back and immediately began looking for when we could return. We are thinking Mardi Gras 2019 since it will not be very close to Presidents Day in 2019 and we are off a few days since we are in education and work in Louisiana.

However, my husband is going back in a couple of weeks for a conference and ANOTHER conference has been offered to him at Disney in June of this year. Since I am a teacher I am off all summer and have the opportunity to go along.

The pros, of course, are that the room is paid for and he will receive a per diem for food so a lot of his food will be covered and his plane ticket is also covered. The costs will be anything he spends in food over his per diem (easy to do at Disney), my plane ticket and both of our park tickets (but he will get a special conference rate since he wont be able to go into the park until the afternoon).

I am thinking it is a no-brainer. When will we ever get to go to Disney for so cheap? However, this is late June. I can just imagine it being 95 degrees every day and absolutely miserable. I would rather go during the busiest time of year like we just did than deal with heat.

I don't want to spend all that money on me and end up not wanting to even step foot in the parks until it is dark. My tickets will be full day tickets since I am not part of the conference. I don't mind going back to the room mid-day for a nap so I guess that is an option. I could always just go as early as possible and when the heat is too much go back to the room until my husband is done and we can go back together when it is (hopefully) cooler.

Should I bite the bullet and commit? I hate to pass up a Disney trip and I want to be decided soon so I can make sure to get our fastpasses at the 60 day mark and begin working on dining reservations.

Do it. Even if you get late FPs to ride with your husband you can still RD early and ride your favorites. Nap or browse around World Showcase in the afternoons. Take your time. Hang out with your husband at night. Sounds great to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter