Should I rent dvc last minute when from the UK?

angelcake123

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I'm very new to this whole dvc thing and it's a bit overwhelming with all the information out there and I don't know what's the best way to save money for a disney holiday.

My family want to go on a 7 night disney holiday, in august 2020 at a grand villa including disney deluxe dining plan/ park hopper tickets. There will be 6/7 of us and we are unsure whether to book direct with disney or dvc it.

We also will only be able to pay probably a couple of months before check in and I hear dvc its hard to get last minute. I also here old key west discounts the dining plan in the UK with dvc.

But yeah basically want to do this the cheapest way possible :)

Really due to not having money booking direct is your only option. Some resorts have free dining booking direct, so I’d take a look. Maybe it would be worth changing location to get the dining free if needs be.

You will be lucky to get a grand villa 2 months out if renting a member's DVC points. DVC members want you to pay close to the time you book it in my experience. You also have to factor in that this is a big points reservation and they are hard to come by. If you check out the points to rent board, you'll see what I mean, even 7 months out my niece couldn't find 300 point to rent and you'll need about 430. (more if you want early August) Not sure what you mean about discounted dining plan for UK with DVC???? If you mean free dining, that can only be achieved if booking directly with Disney.

Do you mind me asking if you are taking 6/7 adults? Is that why you want a 3 bed? We take 6 (4 adults, 2 kids) in a 2 bed and there's plenty of room.

Thank you all! Yeah I think it's best we just save big and book direct with disney. It's also more flexible too! :)

You will be lucky to get a grand villa 2 months out if renting a member's DVC points. DVC members want you to pay close to the time you book it in my experience. You also have to factor in that this is a big points reservation and they are hard to come by. If you check out the points to rent board, you'll see what I mean, even 7 months out my niece couldn't find 300 point to rent and you'll need about 430. (more if you want early August) Not sure what you mean about discounted dining plan for UK with DVC???? If you mean free dining, that can only be achieved if booking directly with Disney.

Do you mind me asking if you are taking 6/7 adults? Is that why you want a 3 bed? We take 6 (4 adults, 2 kids) in a 2 bed and there's plenty of room.
Ah basically the kids are a 17 year old boy and a 13 year old girl, they are quite old haha and the 4 others are adults. Would be a bit awkward for the 17 year old to share a room with his sister lol. So he basically needs a room for himself but a 2 bed could work if 6 of us go and he can use the sofa beds in the lounge bit if needs be. If 7 of us go it would be 5 adults and the two kids I mentioned. Hopefully this all makes sense! It will probably be easier to book rooms than a villa and do it via disney but we'll see. DVC probably isn't suitable as I want to have the freedom to pay/book whenever :)

I agree, you won't get a Grand Villa 2 months in advance, depending on resort they can be few and far between anyway (unless you want OKW or SSR). When I rent my DVC points, I take payment up front, most people rent for the 11 months booking advantage. A GV for 7 nights is a LOT of points also so finding someone with enough points and the last minute availability is very unlikely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!