Should I request a room change?

Wow this drew a lot of replies!

Thanks everyone, I did discuss with front desk. The family is staying the same length of stay as me so I definitely can't handle that. I was very polite & explained & simply asked what options I might have? And then... magic happened! We were upgraded to club level!

My poor mum is crying with joy aha. I feel bad because this was not my intention at all. But it is literally the most amazing thing to happen to me at Disney...

I am going to go & thank the concierge now, and will send an email to the manager thanking them.

Thank you for everyone who encouraged this overly polite Canadian to take action lol!
this is the thing about disney most people don't understand. You are paying for a premium experience and they want to give it to you. They will go out of their way to help you if they can. You don't need to grin and bear it. They know the difference between someone looking for a freebie and someone who genuinely needs help. Glad you got hooked up.

Thanks everyone, I did discuss with front desk. The family is staying the same length of stay as me so I definitely can't handle that. I was very polite & explained & simply asked what options I might have? And then... magic happened! We were upgraded to club level!

My poor mum is crying with joy aha. I feel bad because this was not my intention at all. But it is literally the most amazing thing to happen to me at Disney...

I am going to go & thank the concierge now, and will send an email to the manager thanking them.

Thank you for everyone who encouraged this overly polite Canadian to take action lol!

Don't feel bad! Enjoy the upgrade and, hopefully, a restful night!

I echo the thoughts, go to front desk and ask to be moved. As Lynne said if they can’t accommodate you ask to be moved to another resort. Talking to the parents won’t help. I agree with poster, maybe the child has a disability or something. I would hope for future trips that family considers renting a vacation home rather than a hotel room

Wow! Just saw your post after I responded. Enjoy your pixiedust:

Enjoy your upgrade!
Like a previous poster said some babies or toddlers don’t do well out of a routine-I’m sure they’re worn out by the screaming as well and would stop if they could. Maybe the babyis teething. Anyway, you are entitled to a decent nights sleep!

Enjoy your upgrade! Glad they helped out.

I’ve been on the other side of this on my son’s first trip.

He (and my husband) unfortunately got sick. He had an ear infection along with it, and we had no way of knowing that until the doctor visit the next morning since it’s not like he could tell us about the ear pain. 11-month-old sick baby with undiagnosed ear infection = one very unhappy, crying boy for most of that night. And then to make matters worse, someone loudly banged on our door multiple times at like 2 or 3am. So I’d always suggest to people to NOT be that person. Your hotel neighbor with the screaming kid would obviously calm that kid down if they could — they want to sleep too. Things were bad enough that night, and we already felt bad about causing a disturbance to others. Wish our neighbors would have gone to the front desk instead of banging on the door and making us feel worse. Somehow my daughter slept though the crying, but we were freaking out that the banging on the door was going to wake her and we’d have two miserable kids.

Yes, you should definitely get a different room. Under no circumstances should you be expected to put up with that.

Honestly, the parent(s) should do something. I'm a mother of 4, I understand you can't always control a baby's cries--but I wouldn't subject other guests to it. If it was that out of control for that long (multiple days and nights!) the family should check out and go home.

Sometimes that is equally as out of the parents control. If they flew changing a flight spur of the moment can be cost prohibitive. It can be completely out of some people's budget. As much as they would like to. Obviously no idea, just saying, at $200 a person for a change fee that can really run in to some money. If they carefully planned each penny, well, you can see how that may not happen

this is the thing about disney most people don't understand. You are paying for a premium experience and they want to give it to you. They will go out of their way to help you if they can. You don't need to grin and bear it. They know the difference between someone looking for a freebie and someone who genuinely needs help. Glad you got hooked up.
Exactly. This is why calmly explaining what is going on, especially what was said when the OP encountered the neighbor and how they tried for 24 hours, to the front desk, in person, showed them that the OP tried to resolve or deal with it, herself. And it wasn't happening. They were clearly not out for an upgrade, they were out for relief. And I'm so very glad they got it.

Enjoy CL. You don't mention the resort but we've stayed at pretty much all of them and I know how wonderful they are. Staff and everything. I know you weren't planning on it so you may not have planned as much time at the resort but I hope you are able to switch things around to be able to enjoy the offerings in the lounge. Heck, maybe you can even drop a meal or two from your plans. Enjoy a peaceful rest of your trip.

Sometimes that is equally as out of the parents control. If they flew changing a flight spur of the moment can be cost prohibitive. It can be completely out of some people's budget. As much as they would like to. Obviously no idea, just saying, at $200 a person for a change fee that can really run in to some money. If they carefully planned each penny, well, you can see how that may not happen

I get what you are saying, but to me "cost prohibitive" is not OP, the other guests, or even Disney's problem. There are certain responsibilities you take on when you become a parent. Put it on credit card. Call friends or relatives to wire you money Western Union. Pawn your wedding ring. I don't care how you find a way, but don't put the burden on an innocent party.

I'm very happy for you!!!

I get what you are saying, but to me "cost prohibitive" is not OP, the other guests, or even Disney's problem. There are certain responsibilities you take on when you become a parent. Put it on credit card. Call friends or relatives to wire you money Western Union. Pawn your wedding ring. I don't care how you find a way, but don't put the burden on an innocent party.
If only it was that simple. Same as stopping a baby from crying. Sometimes it's just not. I mean you have to know, there are people that have no credit cards, live on cash, yes, even when traveling, I know some, have no family, have nothing to pawn. Anyway, really not where I was trying to go just saying that packing up and going home is not sometimes any easier than stopping a child from crying. Both are equally impossible in certain cases.

I feel bad for that mom. I've been there with two autistic kids, one of which went through a phase of night terrors (screaming at the top of his lungs for HOURS every night) that lasted 6 months. The other has meltdowns where he cries uncontrollably and adds in intermittent ear piercing screams for good measure. In those times, there is absolutely NOTHING I or anyone else can say or do to make it stop. It has to just run its course. We had two such meltdowns on our recent trip, and my son is 12 now, not a baby. One happened at the pool and DH rushed him back to the room to work through it. The other happened at DHS, at the Backlot Express. That one was less severe. Both happened on our last day. Child was starting to feel sick with what turned out to be a nasty upper respiratory virus. The previous 10 days had been incident free, so you just never know sometimes with kids who have a disability. It's not like we will stop traveling, because 99% of the time, everything is smooth sailing.

Glad you got a new room, OP. I'd probably offer to buy that mom some room service or something. Maybe bring her a plate of cookies from the lounge...

Glad that they got you taken care of OP!

Enjoy some much needed rest! (and the free food!)

Did you celebrate by taking a nap? ;)

I am glad that this worked out for you. I don't think that you should feel bad about talking about it with the front desk. I am glad that you did that. You should not have dealt with that on your whole vacation. Enjoy the upgrade! (and your sleep :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter