Should I request a room change?

And then... magic happened! We were upgraded to club level!

Excellent.

I'd probably offer to buy that mom some room service or something. Maybe bring her a plate of cookies from the lounge...

Agreed.

I feel a bit self conscious bringing something to them, is that smug? Like "lol thanks for upgrading me" etc?

You don't have to tell her you were upgraded, or make it obvious. You could buy her something with the money you'll save on some food and adult beverages... Give her a smile.

I mean, surely if she COULD quiet them easily, she would do so, rather than warn her neighbors, right?

Yep.

This happened to a former coworker of mine. It was their first stay away from home with their first child, and he just could not handle being away from home, sleeping in a strange place. Screamed non-stop, never slept.

We've had troubles twice. My son got sick *while we were on a trip* once, and it was miserable. We *could not* change our tickets to go home. My STBX and I slept in tiny bits while the other one walked DS around and around and around the room, as it was the only way to help him be calm. Once the day to go home arrived we walked and walked and walked on Amtrak until it felt like our feet were going to fall off.

And the other time was when my son decided to teeth all 4 canines at once while visiting my blissfully childfree brother. We didn't *know* it was teething at the time, figured that out when all 4 popped through the same day once we were home. All we knew then was his VERY high fever (underarm, with a mercury thermometer, since that's what blissfully childfree people have LOL) during the night, being very upset, but then perfectly fine golden-child smiling all day long. I took a thousand tepid baths with him for those few nights...

If it was that out of control for that long (multiple days and nights!) the family should check out and go home.

Maybe you have a different bank balance than I do. Maybe you have a higher credit card limit. Maybe changing plane tickets is differently priced where you live vs WA state. Not sure. But that simply isn't possible for many of us.

There are certain responsibilities you take on when you become a parent. Put it on credit card. Call friends or relatives to wire you money Western Union. Pawn your wedding ring.

Wow. Yeah, no. Not even a little bit possible.

And then to make matters worse, someone loudly banged on our door multiple times at like 2 or 3am. So I’d always suggest to people to NOT be that person.

Awful. Because banging on a wall is a time-honored way to *calm* a child down... Oh no wait, no, it scares children. And does nothing to help grownups.

Naples at Disneyland is much better than Via Napoli.

I've never eaten at Naples, but that's good to know. Because VN was horrible the one time I ate there. Just awful.

Glad to hear it all worked out. You were right to ask for a room change. This is not an apartment where you are stuck in lease. It's a vacation you are paying a lot of money for at a resort that wants you to be happy, so if something in or near the room is affecting you so much that's impacting your trip, you should definitely request a room change.

Sorry if I missed it, but what resort was this?

Oh I forgot to mention I'm at Boardwalk! I was going to do a moderate solo but my mum wanted to come lol so we agreed to split a deluxe. It's wonderful! Got motivation to work hard now, keep up this lifestyle lol

You're so lucky; if you're going to stay club level anywhere it should be Boardwalk! It's the best!

Oh that's good to know! It's certainly been great, great service & the food & beverages are tasty & free! Deluxe is a splurge for me @ this stage in my life so it will be awhile before I think I would be able to try club level elsewhere to compare aha. So good to know this is the best!

I get what you are saying, but to me "cost prohibitive" is not OP, the other guests, or even Disney's problem. There are certain responsibilities you take on when you become a parent. Put it on credit card. Call friends or relatives to wire you money Western Union. Pawn your wedding ring. I don't care how you find a way, but don't put the burden on an innocent party.
I'm sorry pawn your wedding ring???? How heartless can you be? Pawn something so meaningful and treasured as your wedding band because your kid is crying? Yes, there are responsibilities that come with being a parent, and hearing a child screaming all night is not fun for anyone. I get that. But I don't even have kids and regardless of whether it's at a Disney resort, a beach in Mexico, or any other vacation destination I would -never- want them to leave at the expense of their wedding band to make me more comfortable. I hope nothing out of your control ever inconveniences anyone else, otherwise you better be pawning your most prized possessions.

May I ask what makes it the best? Not doubting it just wondering how it could top say the Grand Floridian?

I guess I should have said it was MY favorite club level experience, because it certainly is subjective. I just really liked everything about the Boardwalk club level lounge, CMs, and offerings. GF might be a bit more, well, "grand," and I do think the view from their verandah is lovely and probably unsurpassed, but I found the CMs at Boardwalk to be the friendliest anywhere. The decor and furnishings were very nice while still being homey and comfortable. By the time we left I felt that we knew the CMs and they knew us. For example, breakfast cereal is not set out but is available upon request, and after the first morning they brought my son's Fruit Loops to him without us even needing to ask.

I also really liked the chef's cooking station, too, and there is a chef there called Reggie who is incredible. The food he prepares is great, but it's his personality that really shines. SO many people greeted him like old friends and he seemed to know all of them. He went around visiting tables and conversing with the guests. It seemed like Boardwalk club level has more regular guests than the other club levels, at least in my experience, and it creates a friendly-feeling environment. There also seems to be more guest interaction, with strangers chatting with each other.

The Sunday brunch is also awesome--including a mimosa and Bloody Mary bar.

Overall, my experience at Boardwalk club level was just far more pleasant than any other, but every guest and every visit is unique so this could certainly vary.

I guess I should have said it was MY favorite club level experience, because it certainly is subjective. I just really liked everything about the Boardwalk club level lounge, CMs, and offerings. GF might be a bit more, well, "grand," and I do think the view from their verandah is lovely and probably unsurpassed, but I found the CMs at Boardwalk to be the friendliest anywhere. The decor and furnishings were very nice while still being homey and comfortable. By the time we left I felt that we knew the CMs and they knew us. For example, breakfast cereal is not set out but is available upon request, and after the first morning they brought my son's Fruit Loops to him without us even needing to ask.

I also really liked the chef's cooking station, too, and there is a chef there called Reggie who is incredible. The food he prepares is great, but it's his personality that really shines. SO many people greeted him like old friends and he seemed to know all of them. He went around visiting tables and conversing with the guests. It seemed like Boardwalk club level has more regular guests than the other club levels, at least in my experience, and it creates a friendly-feeling environment. There also seems to be more guest interaction, with strangers chatting with each other.

Overall, my experience at Boardwalk club level was just far more pleasant than any other, but every guest and every visit is unique so this could certainly vary.

I agree with everything you said! I feel like we've made friends with the staff & even some other families that we've met in the lounge. And staff were saying that families that come back each year often bring them little snacks from home etc. So it definitely feels like a family atmosphere.

Just wanted to say that I met Reggie & he is indeed super nice! I told him he comes highly recommended from DIS Boards & he was so happy! We became like friends & he showed us how to make some of his lovely dishes. We left this morning & he wanted a picture with us!

I had an absolutely lovely time & really it was the people (CM's) who made it great. To anybody staying at Boardwalk club level soon, please give a warm greeting from me to Lorenzo & Joe in the lounge, and chef Reggie! I don't want to give my real name but I'm Canadian & use a wheelchair, I was unique amongst the lounge inhabitants lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter