Should I stay or Should I go - Solo day trip twice?

Serrina89

Mouseketeer
I'm going on a non Disney cruise from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas with a group of friends. I will be going Feb 10-14 but I fly in earlier on the 8th and leave later on the 15th. Leaving me a full day beforehand and a most of the day after to spend time doing things in Orlando by myself.I go to Disneyland 1 or twice a year and have been to Disney World 5 times but the last time was in 2018. Is it worth spending the money for a two day hopper ticket in Feb? I'm not opposed to seeing other places but I will not have a car. I still have not rode avatar, toy story rides, or seen nightime spectacular for animal kingdom. I've been to universal once but if i get on more intense rides i prefer to not be by myself? Any help on where to stay or how to go about planning the details (cars, hotels, etc) would be helpful.

So you’d be going to WDW on Feb 9 (Sunday) and 15th(Saturday)?

Ticket sales are weird- if you get the tickets together, a two day ticket will only give you two days up to three days apart if you do the date based tickets. So you’ll need two one day tickets. Ticket for Feb 9 is $181 (plus tax) for a park hopper, and for Feb 15th it’s $195 plus tax with park hoppers. Without the PH, the tickets are $121 and $155.

The cost per day goes way down with longer stays, so two days of tickets is about the most expensive option unfortunately.

I’m going by myself tomorrow for only one night, and have FPs for FOP (never rode it before!). I have no problem going alone, and you won’t either I”m sure. It’s just a higher cost per ticket for fewer days and a park hopper option. If that’s ok with you, I say do it!!!!!!

You can also add the flexible option, which would give you 14 days from first use to use the 2-day ticket. But a 2-day park hopper with flexible option is going to cost $410 after tax. That is a lot for two days. I think if it were me, I would consider going, but I would pick one park to stay in for each day and just do a one day one park ticket for each day. I'm someone who is a huge fan of park hopping, but in this scenario, when the two days are spread this far out, with the new ticket rules, it just just doesn't make sense to me, especially with one of those days not being a full day.

Regarding where to stay - it depends on how comfortable you are walking around by yourself at night. Some Disney resorts have just one building; the bus drops everybody off at one bus stop and they all walk into the lobby together. (Beach Club, Yacht Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge's Jambo House, for example.) Other resorts have separate buildings and you have to walk to your building from the bus stop. (Port Orleans Riverside's mansion section, for example.)

Hi All,

Thanks for your help!!!! I didn't realize the new rules for ticketing. I was still thinking that you had 14 days between first and last day :( Unfortunately, I think this prices me out of the equation as I just wanted to touch a couple of rides in each park. I'm a huge Disney Park Fan (I mean who isnt on the boards) but I'll just have to find another way to entertain myself in Orlando.

What about doing a one-day hopper for the full day and doing something else on your partial day? At least that's cheaper than the 2 day flex ticket.

Are there any of the special After Hours events occurring during the evenings when you would be staying? That might be a fun experience.

What about doing a one-day hopper for the full day and doing something else on your partial day? At least that's cheaper than the 2 day flex ticket.
I was kinda turned off by not being able to do two day (with the price). I don't think its a good value for money. I will just wait until I can go on a longer trip.

Are there any of the special After Hours events occurring during the evenings when you would be staying? That might be a fun experience.
I didn't see anything, but maybe we can do some of the nonpark things at Disney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!