Should I stay or should I go?

kat3668

Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>Driving me nuts i
I am in a serious quandry regarding my trip this Feb and could use some advice. I had surgery Dec 12th to remove one of my ovaries as I had a cyst that was giving me some problems. At the same time I have a stent put into my kidney and bladder as I have had a stone that is to large and has been sitting just outside my kidney for awhile. So my urologist tels me that I need an ESW treatment and they schedule it for Feb 5th..
Granted my trip is Jan 31st through feb 7th... So I call them and tell them my situation and they move the surgery up to Jan 25th. I'm just nt sure if I should go away for this trip or not, they say the recovery time is relatively short and I should be good in a few days but my concern is I really do not want to spend all that money if I am going to be in pain... the stent will not be gone and it does cause me some discomfort.. but have minimized the discomfort by drinking every second of the day practically..Tody I was back in the ER for yet another shot of pain medication as thew stone was acting up yet again... I really want to go on this trip I worked so hard to save up for it and will be so disappointed if I cant go. Has anyone else had this procedure done and can you give me some insight on what the recovery time is? Any advice or words of support would be greatly appreciated.

Wow...tough decision...but you know your body and if the pain is going to make you miss out on what you are expecting....I would wait....??

Is it possible to reschedule or will you lose more than it is worth?

I will send you strong decision making vibes!!!

I think this is the hardest part when you are sick and you have a trip scheduled....and you want to go.. darn you want to go.

My thoughts are these, I would hold out until the possible last second before cancelling. I would go ahead with the surgery and get done what you need to do and if you feel well enough, probably not commando style of course, but well enough to just go and soak up the magic a bit and enjoy, then go. If you cannot do WDW at a slow pace if you are not feeling well, then you might want to think about rescheduling for when you are feeling 100%.....

Hugs to you on your decision.

Well just got off the phone with doctor and he has advised me not to take the trip... May reschedule or just use the money towards my Aruba trip April school vacation week. Just bugs me that I will lose $$$$ for not cancelling 45 days out. Oh well:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter