Should I try to split our stay w/ 2 young kids?

Fantasia_

I'm ready for the World!
My husbabd decided not to come to Disney, so it's just me and DS 4 and DD 2. We want to stay for 7 nights at PO and ASMo. We will not have a car. We are flying to Orlando and using Mears or Tiffany to get to our resort. We are planning to go in Sept 26- Oct 3.

Would you slit your stay? If not, which resort would be better for us since we will not have a car and since I'm the only adult in the party? Thanks! Your opinion is greatly appreciated! :)

Regarding whether to split your stay - it probably depends on your kids adaptability. My daughter is fairly adaptable (age 5 and always has been). My son is not (age 2 and 1/2 and never has been). Therefore, I wouldn't even think of uprooting him from a room that I know he will have trouble getting used to to go to another hotel. If your kids are adaptable, it might work. From what I've read on these boards switching resorts is pretty easy.

I haven't stayed on site before. We've chosen POFQ for our trip because it is the smallest moderate and gets a lot of positive reviews on this board. That being said - I think it would be hard to do the pool there with both kids if I was by myself. There is no way that I can keep my daughter off the slide and she doesn't swim yet, so either my husband or myself will need to be at the bottom when she comes down. I think it might be easier to be at an All Stars by yourself since they don't have pool slides, unless you don't think that would be an issue with your children. Or it might be nice for you to stay at a moderate with a beach (i.e. CBR) where the kids can dig in the sand while you relax.

Thanks so much honeymom! I actually thought about the pool slide if I will be able to do it with 2 kids. Well, what I thought of is for all of us to walk up to the slide, then my DD and I can both slide down, then my DS can follow, then we will just meet my son at the end of the slide. I heard that PO-FQ is the only resort that will let you slide down with a child on your lap. I thought PO-FQ would be a nice moderate for us because of the small ground, so we don't have to worry about walking too far to our room.

We have stayed at ASMo and really enjoyed the resort a lot, I guess if we're not doing the split, I may just stay at this resort again. I know I can't go wrong with this one cause we already know we are going to like it.

I think my kids are adaptable to new surrounding. We have been to different hotels when we travel, and they don't seem to mind that they are in a different surrounding. I was just worried about how to go about moving from one resort to another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter