Should my kids and husband create their own login for the app or just use mine since i made all plan

Bmh4796

Mouseketeer
I want our 2 teens to be able to see our plans on their phones. in case we do split up a bit here and there (they go on haunted mansion while we do a baby ride), I want them to have the itinerary to know where to we will be headed next in case they aren’t listening when i tell them. (We have 5 kids) Should they create their own characters/userid to access the app or just use my username and ID?

Also they may join their young adult cousin to go to MK during nighttime magic hours. So i guess they need to be able to make plans of their own for rides? I just worry about giving them access to the app and them accidentally changing plans for everyone of canceling something. Maybe I’m over thinking it. (I worked so hard ontbe reservations and fastpasses that I’m being neurotic about them being messed up) :yo-yo:

I'd probably have them create their own login just for peace of mind that they don't accidentally change plans. But maybe I'm neurotic about that stuff too:)

There are two schools of thought, one is that having too many log-ins messes things up.

But if you foresee them going to Disney on their own, it might be worth it to have them create their own log ins.

We all had our own log in for August, except my 12 yo since she was too young. So I just had her log in as me on her phone so she could see where we were headed, etc...

I don't think you're overthinking it. My husband and I have access to the app and that's it. If you don't know what you're doing, it's fairly easy to accidentally cancel a FP or even an ADR.

I’ve noticed on the app it says something like I’m in charge of making plans for blah blah blah blah persons. Even If they make their own login, maybe I’d still be in charge of making their plans so there wouldn’t be a way for them to change anything?

I’ve noticed on the app it says something like I’m in charge of making plans for blah blah blah blah persons. Even If they make their own login, maybe I’d still be in charge of making their plans so there wouldn’t be a way for them to change anything?

You'd basically have to connect the version in your profile with the log ins they create. You may need to go through Disney IT to do this. I think as long as they're over 13 they can have their own log in

To have their own account, send an invitation from your family list. This keeps the two profiles connected. If they create a seperate account without the invitation, you’ll have to call Disney IT to connect them. (Which doesn’t take them long but would save you this step). You would then still be able to book fast passes, dining etc and they can see it. They won’t be able to change ADR’s since only the person that booked them can change them (can’t remember about fast passes) If you plan trips without them you can also set preferences to only share plans they are a part of.

Never thought of doing this. The teens in my family just used my login. Never had an issue. ( they were older teens though)

we decided to NOT have the kids log in...since the APP eats so much of the battery life
i carry an external charger, but the kids only want to keep what fits in their pockets.
so we stay in communication via text and prior to the trip i send calendar invites for all our FPs and Dining Reservations. They do have Fit Bits so they always feel the vibration on their wrist when there is a new text message...otherwise i have not idea how they would ever hear an incoming phone call or text

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter