should we bother?

catbud

Earning My Ears
Need some help from people who know. We are going to San Diego next Wed for 6 days and I wondered if a trip to disneyland is worth the effort. We have two boys, 6 and 2 and we just took our first trip to WDW in February. Neither likes any roller coaster type rides (even the astro orbiter at WDW was too much) but loved BUzz lightyear. Us parents dislike crowds and since we are not staying at the resort, don't know how early a start we could manage. Is a day at disneyland worth the effort? WE have plans to go to the zoo (a vip tour!) and are considering LEGOLAND. Any thoughts on LEGOLAND or other San Diego things worth doign with small children. I would appreciate the input. NC travel agents and library has nothing to help. Thanks so much.

Some spring breaks start next week, so I am not sure about the crowds at Disneyland. But, I am sure that your family would really love it.

As far as San Diego family attractions:

Sea World www.seaworld.org
Legoland www.legolandca.com
San Diego Zoo www.sandiegozoo.org
San Diego Wild Animal Park www.sandiegozoo.org
Balboa Park - 15 museums (IMAX and Space Center) www.balboapark.org
San Diego Children's Museum www.sdchildrensmuseum.org

Those are just a few things to do in San Diego. If you let me know what kind of things your family is interested in, I will be happy to give you some more suggestions.

Another link www.sandiegoinsider.com will list special events while you are in San Diego. Try the family section.

logo.gif

I love San Diego and I also love Disneyland. You could easily spend a day at the Zoo, Sea World, and Legoland, a day enjoying Old Town San Diego and still have a day for Disneyland. However, a visit to Disneyland or Disney's California Adventure depends a lot upon your appetite for Disney entertainment. You did recently visit WDW, but there are certain attractions that can only be found at Disneyland like Alice in Wonderland, Storybookland Canal Boats, etc...
Then there is Disney's California Adventure.
On the down side: There is no Buzz Lightyear Attraction.
If you don't like spinner rides or rollercoasters there may not be enough for your family to do at Disney's California Adventure.
The choice is still up to you.
Whatever you do you will love San Diego!

We visit San Diego every year in May for business and always go to DL. We are, however, diehard Disney fans. The drive is very easy and although we now stay at one of the hotels, we have just made the drive for a day trip on several occasions. We were lucky enough to go to one of the DCA previews in January and loved it, also. If you go, I would highly recommend visiting on a week day. The weekends are usually packed with many of the locals who have annual passes.
As far as San Diego is concerned, along with the zoo is the Wild Animal Park, just outside of the city that is also wonderful. A trip to La Jolla, one of the suburbs located on the beach is also fun. There is a protected cove called the Children's Pool that always has 20 or 30 seals and sea lions up on the beach and the rocks sunning themselves and sleeping. You can also spot them in the water all over the area. It is a beautiful area. Hope you enjoy your visit1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter