Should we consider changing our touring strategy now?

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
Extended hours now posted on our 1 park day - Saturday, April 28th. Just DH and I with no kids.

Staying at Dolphin specifically to be close to Epcot at the end of the night.

However, with extended hours at AK and MK, I'm wondering......

EP closes at 9, AK at 10:30 and MK at midnight.

Original plan - AK EMH at 8 am - explore, ride what we want, eat lunch at AK and have a drink at Nomad Lounge.

Hop to Epcot for rides (have FPs for TT, and 2 others) and enjoy WS in the evening. Stroll Boardwalk after Illuminations back to Dolphin.

Any reason to hop to AK or MK after EP? If so, we don't have to stay for Illuminations.

Our next day is a complete resort day, so not worried about a late night.

Thanks!

hop to MK. We just did a marathon Saturday where we rope dropped MK at 8, hit Epcot in the afternoon and had lunch, then decided around 8:30 to hit MK until midnight. That part was fun. Even snagged a Peter Pan FP that evening.

I was just looking at that. We’re there the following Sat and MK changed from 9 am to 8 am opening. We probably won’t be able to RD that day because AK is the night before and it’s times are extended now too. Probably hang out there and see the bioluminescence in Pandora.

If it’s just you and your DH and you have a resort day the following day, hop to MK! Is there really any question? :earsboy::mickeyjum:earsboy:

I agree with PPs, hop to MK. It will be easy via monorail since you won’t have to go thru security! You could even head over there after Illuminations to get in some last rides and close out the park.

I agree with PPs, hop to MK. It will be easy via monorail since you won’t have to go thru security! You could even head over there after Illuminations to get in some last rides and close out the park.
Oh, I didn’t realize there wouldn’t be security to go through. Hm....

The only issue is at the end of the night we have to do a bus. Oh, maybe a Minnie van, right??? Ok

Everybody: Stay in Epcot & enjoy world showcase. :D

We have a be our guest dinner reservation & we're thrilled MK is now open til midnight.
Why would you want to miss out?!

Do keep in mind that the 28th is Dapper Day at MK. While not a huge impact on the crowds, it's something to be aware of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter