Should we move for the Hollywood stint?

mickeyfan0805

DIS Veteran
We will be in Anaheim at Disney and have a 5 night stay booked at the Candy Cane Inn. For the last day and a half, however, we will be doing Hollywood and Burbank sites. Our plan was to commute back and forth from the CCI instead of moving for the last night. We like staying in the DL area, and getting a decent place at a reasonable price in Hollywood looks a bit tricky. With traffic, however, we are wondering if we would be better off biting the bullet and moving.

So, would you pack up and move for one night to avoid the travel to and from Hollywood, or would you deal with the traffic and stay in one place?

I really don't like dealing with the traffic and I am the usually the only driver in my group, so I'd pay the big bucks to stay in a tiny room in the Hollywood area.

You might not have to stay in Hollywood. There might be hotels in Burbank that could work for you. What dates/days of the week will you be in L.A.? That can make a difference with the commute. I hate traffic, too, but I also hate moving hotels mid-trip.

You might not have to stay in Hollywood. There might be hotels in Burbank that could work for you. What dates/days of the week will you be in L.A.? That can make a difference with the commute. I hate traffic, too, but I also hate moving hotels mid-trip.

We arrive in the area Thursday night, 6/14. We will spend Fri, Sat, Sun and Monday (through noon or so) at DL. We will then head up to do the tar pits Monday afternoon and the Griffith Observatory on Monday evening. Tuesday we have a studio tour in Burbank booked at noon (Warner Bros). The walk of fame, Chinese Theater and viewing the Hollywood Sign will all be done at various points on Monday or Tuesday. Tuesday evening we drive south to San Diego. So, the question is whether we move for that Monday night stay.

Normally I would say move to avoid traffic but with your plan you can probably make it work. If you head to LA early afternoon and don't come back until late evening (after 8:00) the traffic shouldn't be bad. On Tuesday if you're planning on leave late morning for your noon tour you'll be fine as well, and the Tuesday evening drive to San Diego will be full of traffic no matter what unless you leave late. I personally would move to avoid the hassle and drive altogether (and my family likes checking out different hotels/areas) but I think you could make it work if you prefer to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!