Should We Winnie the Pooh this Thing? - July/August 2018 Trip Report -Complete 8/18

This really just came from there only being one taco left and each of them being too greedy to let the other have it.

Yup, people will comment on how nicely my kid share. I don't bother correcting them that it's because they want to eat as much of it as they can and they'll lose a turn if they start fighting :P

Strolling back to BCV after finishing Illuminations is just about the best way a night can end in my humble opinion.

Definitely. Walking back to BWV from HS and EP was so nice.

With regards to our upcoming trip in July I'm in the awful place between booking dining and booking Fastpasses so I'm basically just twiddling my thumbs.
It really is a terrible place.. nothing to plan really...

IMG_2904.jpg

At first I thought it was a stick. Then the stick started moving. Not okay.
Ha! Sticks def should not move!

IMG_2913.jpg

Gag me with a spoon.
Ha! I am sure it didn't last long. Mine never do...

I'm sure everyone is done with this trip report with as awful as I've been about responding and updating, but I'm going to post updates anyway because I want to finish this thing and I'm determined to do it before we go back again next month! So here goes...

ETA: Wow, the pics are coming in giant after the new board update! Sorry about that

Day 8: July 28 – Feels crowded and a not-so-magical toilet

Up up and away, it’s time to start another day! We hit EMH at Animal Kingdom again on this date. Because I am (eventually) able to learn from my mistakes, I did not pass up the entrance to the parking lot this time. Woohoo! We decided to forgo the rush to Flight of Passage, as we had fastpasses for later. We still went with the masses to Pandora, but did Na’vi River Journey for the second time instead. The ride isn’t much, but it’s pretty and the animatronic is impressive. We walked right on to the ride, then stopped to play with the drums for a bit, as no one else was around.

IMG_2985.jpg

Next, we decided to see about getting on Expedition Everest. This was the path headed back to the ride.

IMG_2990.jpg

We waltzed straight through the line and right onto the ride. Due to our seating arrangements, we got separate ride photos.

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_20180728_412672958871.jpg

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_20180728_412672978982.jpg

Alex had been expressing fear when we initially got on the ride, which you can see in his photo. However, the second we got off both kids screamed “again!!!”, so we hopped right back in the nonexistent line.
AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_20180728_412672995764.jpg

And you’ll notice the exact same other family in our second ride photos, who did the same thing.

From Everest, we decided to head back to Dinoland. Braving those crowds again…
IMG_2993.jpg

Had to stop for a photo op
IMG_3017.jpg

We rode Dinosaur and I kept a promise I made to myself and the kids – I kept my eyes open for the ride photo! I always close them when I know the dinosaur is about come out and the kids had asked to actually get a photo with me looking.

AK_DINOSAURRIDE_20180728_412673040456.jpg

Next up, I kept another promise to the kids – riding this for the first time!
IMG_2994.jpg

Oh how I did not enjoy this ride. :crazy2: But the kids took great pleasure in my discomfort, so now they love it. Boo.

By this point it was getting close to 9:00. So to recap we have done Na’vi River Journey, Expedition Everest x2, Dinosaur, and Primeval Whirl all before regular park opening. This is why I love AM extra magic hours! Of course, we were aided by Pandora opening up before everything else, so we were leaving that area by 8:00.

We knew Pocahontas would be coming out at 9:00 so headed over to wait for her meet and greet to open up. We were first in line and the kids got to walk back to her meeting area with her.
IMG_2997.jpg

IMG_3008.jpg

Time for one more ride we had never done before: Kali River Rapids. I have no pictures, but once again the kids had a great time laughing at my fear of getting soaked (the reason we had never done it before). Fortunately I was spared and just got somewhat splashed. We then walked through the Maharajah Jungle Trek and completed some of the Play Disney Parks app activities. After that we walked back to Dinoland, as the kids asked to ride Primeval Whirl again! Because I am a sweetheart (or a pushover), I obliged. Here we encountered our first line of the day and ended up waiting about 10 minutes.

Now for our first FP+ of the day!
IMG_3020.jpg

Now I know this fastpass is completely unnecessary, but we’d already knocked out so much of the park that I wasn’t worried about it. I’d actually had a FP for KRR, but we didn’t need it, as the ride was a walk-on, so I changed that one to a Safari ride for later in the afternoon. We were first in line for the first Nemo show of the day with our FP, so we ended up sitting front row. I don’t think I would want to sit there for my first ever viewing of the show, as you have to crane your neck to see some of the action taking place behind you on the part of the stage that extends out. However, we loved being that close and the family has requested a repeat experience on our trip next month.

IMG_3023.jpg

We were hungry by this point and it was lunch time so I used my Landry’s card to get us a table at Yak & Yeti.

We had the potstickers appetizer and I wasn’t even able to grab a picture before three people (guess who) had snatched one off the plate.

IMG_3025.jpg

They were pretty good, but the star was the sauce. DH, who has no shame, actually started drinking the sauce after the potstickers were gone.

IMG_3026.jpg

Cora got the kids grilled chicken breast and Alex got the kids noodles. We had no problem ordering off the kids menu for Cora at any WDW restaurant even though she was 10. I was glad we were able to do that, as she’s a pretty picky eater!

IMG_3028.jpg

IMG_3029.jpg

The kids meals don’t look like much to me, but my kiddos always enjoy them.

I’m pretty sure DH got Honey Chicken
IMG_3030.jpg

And I know I got the Chicken Tikka Masala, which I loooooove
IMG_3032.jpg

We finished the meal off with two orders of one of my favorite desserts on Disney property: the fried wontons with pineapple, strawberries, and cream cheese
IMG_3033.jpg

After eating we waddled ourselves back over to Pandora for our Flight of Passage FP+. First we stopped for a picture with the floating mountains and a magic shot.
AK_PANDORAFLOATMTNICON_20180728_412676654763.jpg

We are not skilled at pointing.
AK_PANDORAFLOATMTNICON_20180728_412676654773.jpg

After the ride we stopped for one more Pandora picture before using our Safari FP.
IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

It was time to head to the exit and get a break back at the resort.

When we got back to our room at BCV we realized the bathroom floor was soaking wet. It had been wet when we left in the morning, but I thought it had been due to overzealous showers coupled with thoughtless children. However, the fact that it was still wet after we’d been gone for hours made me realize something was off. We found the culprit to be a running toilet! Water was leaking from the place where the pipe connected to the wall. DH took the kids to Stormalong Bay while I trudged down to the front desk to inform them of what was going on. They apologized and said they’d have maintenance come by and fix it right away. I waited…and waited …and they didn’t show up. So I walked myself back down to the front desk to just ask for a guesstimate on the time frame. The way they initially responded suggested it would be handled immediately so I figured it would get taken care of while the kids spent their hours at the pool. That didn’t happen and I wanted to know if we needed to worry about maintenance people coming to get in our bathroom while the kids were trying to change clothes and get showers. The CM at the front desk apologized, resent the maintenance order, and gave me arcade gift cards for the kids. This was enough to appease them, as they happily went to play at the arcade. We had talked about going back out to Epcot that evening, but ended up just hanging at the resort for the evening. The toilet got fixed, housekeeping came and cleaned the bathroom, and all was right with the world again. We went to bed and prepared for our final full day at BCV.

Last edited:
Day 9: July 29, Part 1 – To infinity and a galaxy far far away

Another morning extra magic hour! This time at Hollywood Studios. We started by signing up for Jedi Training and picked the earliest show. Then it was time to maintain a tradition by meeting Woody and Jessie.

Alex has had the same Woody hat since he was a toddler, as he’s been obsessed with Toy Story his whole life. Here he is wearing it on our first trip when he was 2 years old.
47372190225.jpg

On that trip, Woody signed his hat. Alex keeps a framed copy of this picture of the first time Woody signed his hat on his nightstand.
47372190230.jpg

He decided that he wants to get Woody to sign his hat each time he meets him. So of course, we had to start the day by getting that done. This is Woody looking at all the other signatures.
STUDIO_TSLWOODYJESSIE_20180729_412688497588.jpg

STUDIO_TSLWOODYJESSIE_20180729_412688497597.jpg

Success!
IMG_3048.jpg

It actually has one additional signature now, as we met Woody again in Disneyland in November.
IMG_4758.jpg

After checking that item off our list it was time to let Cora fangirl out a little bit. She’s obsessed with Star Wars.
IMG_3056.jpg

We rode Star Tours, then briefly hopped in line to meet Olaf before our JTA show.
STUDIO_CELEBRITYACHAR_20180729_412689073030.jpg

Alex goes through the motions at JTA
STUDIO_JTA2_20180729_412783012013.jpg

STUDIO_JTA2_20180729_412783012129.jpg

Cora 100% means business
STUDIO_JTA2_20180729_412783012082.jpg

STUDIO_JTA2_20180729_412783012134.jpg

Next we rode Star Tours again with a FP, then headed back into Toy Story land to use our FP for Slinky Dog Dash. On the way in, we ran into a green army man.

IMG_3123.jpg

IMG_3126.jpg

Whee!
STUDIO_SLINKYDOGRIDE_20180729_412689876409.jpg

After Slinky, we went over to the Little Mermaid show. I feel like this one is worth seeing every few years and we hadn’t seen it since 2015. Cora and Alex ended up getting picked to make the before show announcement, which landed them a signed certificate.

IMG_3131.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

It was time for a classic (and classically messy) Disney treat.
IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_3141.jpg

IMG_3140.jpg

For FP #3 we selected my favorite thrill ride in WDW: Rockin’ Rollercoaster

STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_20180729_412688638004.jpg

And we had our picture taken out front like the rock stars we are.
STUDIO_SUNSETROCK_20180729_412689108659.jpg

While in line for RnRc I put my FP refreshing skills to use and scored an immediate additional FP for RnRc for Cora and me and a Tower of Terror FP for Rees and Alex at the same time. Cora refuses to ride Tower of Terror and DH loves it, so I miss it every trip. I’m not too heartbroken over it, as I hate the drops, but the ride is so well themed that I’d like to do it every once in a while. I’ve gotten her on it exactly one time and she swore never again. However, she’s almost at the age where we can just leave her waiting for us at the exit and I can ditch her to ride. Woohoo!

STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_20180729_412690981348.jpg

STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORBRIDE_20180729_8253814302.jpeg

I love how Cora’s face in the 2 RnRc ride photos is pretty much exactly the same.

To celebrate Alex being brave, DH let him pick out a ToT pin.
IMG_3146.jpg

We are sooooo good at acting.
STUDIO_SUNSET2_20180729_412691292285.jpg

It was time for lunch and a break at the resort (read: pool time)

Bombs away!
IMG_3147.jpg

Last edited:

Day 9: July 29, Part 2 – I am the champion! (This is the way I actually sang it…)

The day ended the same way it began – at DHS! When we walked in, Alex pointed and exclaimed “there’s that guy with the gun – I love him!” We were all so confused! Then we realized he was talking about this guy.
IMG_3150.jpg

He had been thinking the Coke was a gun this whole time! We laughed and laughed at his ridiculousness (him included) and the Coke guy will forever be the guy with the gun in our family.

I had booked a FP for Toy Story Mania while we were on our break and, wonder of wonders, I beat DH!
IMG_3153.jpg

I then obnoxiously sang We Are the Champions at him because I’m a good sport like that.

After TSM I grabbed a FP for Fantasmic! meaning there would be no more fastpasses for us that day. What do you do in DHS when you need to kill time without fastpasses? Eat dinner (ABC Commissary), visit Launch Bay, take pictures, and see Muppetvision, all of which we did. Launch Bay was up first.

Me and the kids each had stare downs with Kylo Ren. Creepiest meet ever!
STUDIO_LBDRKSDECHAR1_20180729_412698502899.jpg

STUDIO_LBDRKSDECHAR1_20180729_412698713764.jpg

STUDIO_LBDRKSDECHAR1_20180729_412698713757.jpg

We followed that up with more pleasant meets with Chewbacca and BB8.
STUDIO_LBLGHTSDECHAR2_20180729_412698570343.jpg

STUDIO_DROID2CHAR_20180729_412698841361.jpg

STUDIO_DROID2CHAR_20180729_412698841365.jpg

On the way out of Launch Bay I showed off my acting skills again.
IMG_3192.jpg

Ready for my Oscar.

I have no pictures of dinner or the Muppets, but here are the photopass shots we collected.
STUDIO_HBKEYSTO_20180730_412699086818.jpg

STUDIO_HBKEYSTO_20180730_412699086821.jpg

STUDIO_ECHOLAKE1_20180730_412698934049.jpg

Time for Fantasmic! Ready for the best picture of that show anyone has ever taken???
IMG_3198.jpg

I’ll give you a moment to catch your breath after that one.

We actually did the impossible and made it down in time to catch the Star Wars fireworks after Fantasmic!

IMG_3201.jpg

Cora was in heaven. I enjoyed them, but was exhausted. I have never been more grateful to be staying in the Epcot resort area. We were able to catch a boat immediately after the show and made it back to the resort in good time. Last night at BCV!

You came back and finished your trip report. I’m so happy!

I cannot believe how empty AK was! That must’ve been heavenly. We always ride Primeval Whirl and I love it (or used to), but on our last trip, I just couldn’t stomach it. Actually, none of us could. It was very jerky and rough. I think we’ll be passing on that ride from here on out.

DHS looks like a fun day and you got to ride SDD. Yay!

Can you remind me again? Are you going to Disney this summer?

Amazing accomplishment power to the strong and smart women, especially if you are a Disney fan. I celebrate your victory and the wonderful time you are having with your family, you have earned every joyful moment!!!

I'm sure everyone is done with this trip report with as awful as I've been about responding and updating, but I'm going to post updates anyway because I want to finish this thing and I'm determined to do it before we go back again next month! So here goes...
I am glad you are back to finish! Better late than never, I say!!

Cora got the kids grilled chicken breast and Alex got the kids noodles. We had no problem ordering off the kids menu for Cora at any WDW restaurant even though she was 10. I was glad we were able to do that, as she’s a pretty picky eater!
We found that you have to be careful which kid meal you order. Just cause some are really small!

Is she excitied for Galaxy's Edge to open up?

Oh wow, that EMH morning at AK sounds awesome. You got so much done!

I love the Woody hat with the signatures. That's a really cool keepsake.

I'm impressed you managed to get out of Fantasmic in time for the fireworks. I'm pretty sure it took us to long to get out that we didn't even hear them while we we were walking to the front.

So glad you came back with more updates! I tend to avoid EMH days but you're making me rethink that! I can't believe how empty AK was!

You came back and finished your trip report. I’m so happy!

Still not quite finished! Lol it was a long trip. I've got 3 more nights to go

I cannot believe how empty AK was! That must’ve been heavenly. We always ride Primeval Whirl and I love it (or used to), but on our last trip, I just couldn’t stomach it. Actually, none of us could. It was very jerky and rough. I think we’ll be passing on that ride from here on out.

I wish the rest of my family would join me in that conclusion! Sadly, they all loved it...

DHS looks like a fun day and you got to ride SDD. Yay!

Yes! We were so glad to finally get to ride it and we all loved it!

Can you remind me again? Are you going to Disney this summer?

Yep! We leave on the 19th - can't believe how close it is! This trip won't be quite so long, but I cannot wait! Big motivation for getting this report finished.

P.S. happy early birthday to your boys!

Amazing accomplishment power to the strong and smart women, especially if you are a Disney fan. I celebrate your victory and the wonderful time you are having with your family, you have earned every joyful moment!!!

Thank you thank you!

I am glad you are back to finish! Better late than never, I say!!

I will take that motto! ;)

We found that you have to be careful which kid meal you order. Just cause some are really small!

They do seem really small to me! But my kids cite Yak and Yeti and are always full when they finish. :confused3Maybe it's because we got and appetizer and dessert? Although we shared those.

Is she excitied for Galaxy's Edge to open up?

Oh my goodness, yes! We'll actually be seeing it in Disneyland before WDW since it won't be open yet in WDW when we go next month, but we'll be in Disneyland in November. She watched videos about the land, is already listing all the things she wants to buy, and screamed when she saw the Millennium Falcon.

Oh wow, that EMH morning at AK sounds awesome. You got so much done!

It was amazing! We might have been spoiled by it, as I'm hoping for the same thing this year but am worried I'm going to be disappointed.

I love the Woody hat with the signatures. That's a really cool keepsake.

His most prized possession!

I'm impressed you managed to get out of Fantasmic in time for the fireworks. I'm pretty sure it took us to long to get out that we didn't even hear them while we we were walking to the front.

I wasn't sure we could make it work, but this was a night when Fantasmic! was at 9 and the fireworks were at 10 so we were able to hoof it back up Sunset Boulevard and find a spot in time to catch both the projection show and the fireworks. That timing won't work out for us again this year.

So glad you came back with more updates! I tend to avoid EMH days but you're making me rethink that! I can't believe how empty AK was!

We've found that evening EMH don't do anything for us, but we've had wonderful experiences with morning ones! Our first couple of trips I avoided EMH like the plague, but we tried one eventually and now we do as many as we can make ourselves get up for.

I can’t believe you remembered that you and my boys share a birthday! How sweet of you! They turn 13 this year. Crazy how fast time goes. Happy Birthday to you! You get to celebrate in Disney, lucky you!

They do seem really small to me! But my kids cite Yak and Yeti and are always full when they finish. :confused3Maybe it's because we got and appetizer and dessert? Although we shared those.
Morgan, my oldest, is the same age. She ordered the kids shrimp at BOG and it was literally 4 shrimp and the tinest container of apple sauce. It was pathetic.

Oh my goodness, yes! We'll actually be seeing it in Disneyland before WDW since it won't be open yet in WDW when we go next month, but we'll be in Disneyland in November. She watched videos about the land, is already listing all the things she wants to buy, and screamed when she saw the Millennium Falcon.
Lucky you guys!!!! And lucky her! I think she would get along great with Morgan. One day maybe our paths wil cross.

I can’t believe you remembered that you and my boys share a birthday! How sweet of you! They turn 13 this year. Crazy how fast time goes. Happy Birthday to you! You get to celebrate in Disney, lucky you!

Not quite, as I missed typing “of July” after “the 19th.” :rotfl: But we still get to go next month, so I’m not too sad. For my actual birthday we will be seeing Toy Story 4, so still a bit of Disney magic. 13!! That’s terrifying! But I’m assuming they still love Disney? I’m hoping we’ve sewed the seeds so the kids won’t outgrow it despite their progression to teenagerdom.

Morgan, my oldest, is the same age. She ordered the kids shrimp at BOG and it was literally 4 shrimp and the tinest container of apple sauce. It was pathetic.

Ugh. Yeah, some of the kids meals are really skimpy. It’s ridiculous.

Lucky you guys!!!! And lucky her! I think she would get along great with Morgan. One day maybe our paths wil cross.

I think they would get along really well too! It would be great if our paths crossed at some point. When are y’all’s upcoming trips? We’re still in a once a year pattern, looking at 4th of July and the week after for next year.

I think they would get along really well too! It would be great if our paths crossed at some point. When are y’all’s upcoming trips? We’re still in a once a year pattern, looking at 4th of July and the week after for next year.
We are late August, first week in December and then probably February before our annual passes run out. After that I have NO IDEA! We will see how August goes for us if we want to do a summer trip again.

Yes, my boys still love Disney. In fact, I think they love it more now than when they were younger. They are so sad not to be returning this summer, but are thankful and happy we are returning next year.

We will see Toy Story 4 sometime next week, too, but probably not on their birthday. We just saw Aladdin and loved it! I want to see it again.

June, July - What’s the difference? At least you have a trip in the near future.

Yes, my boys still love Disney. In fact, I think they love it more now than when they were younger. They are so sad not to be returning this summer, but are thankful and happy we are returning next year.

That's so encouraging to hear! My 11 year old is still thrilled and randomly bursts out with screams of "I can't wait for Disney" pretty regularly these days, but I still get nervous the enthusiasm will fade.

We will see Toy Story 4 sometime next week, too, but probably not on their birthday. We just saw Aladdin and loved it! I want to see it again.

We saw it and loved it, but I'm still in my feelings about it. No spoilers, of course!

June, July - What’s the difference? At least you have a trip in the near future.

Very true - 26 more days!

Happy Birthday, Kelley!

Thank you! And happy (now belated) birthday to your boys!)

Day 10: July 30, Part 1 – Bye bye BCV…

Ok, I moved picture hosting from photobucket to flickr, so hopefully that will improve the size of the pics.

We woke up and said goodbye to Beach Club Villas. Beach Club is pretty much Cora’s favorite place in the world, so she’s always a mess when it’s time to leave it. However, the rest of us were pretty excited, as we were transferring to what would be a brand new resort for all of us later in the day. We had decided this would be a matching shirt day and planned to spend our park time in Epcot.

48064651221_3f694cce45.jpg

Shirts, of course, made by my mother in law. We started with breakfast at Garden Grill. (not so) Hidden Mickey!

48064700668_029a347579.jpg

We all love this place, but it’s Cora’s absolute favorite, which is why I strategically placed it immediately after our departure from BCV. Cheered her right up!

48064700513_8d361d0aeb.jpg

48064754177_545aa45505.jpg

48064753927_2d189a7eb7.jpg

48064759707_2424e61756.jpg

Yum! This sticky bun gives me life.

48064759772_8b4ef8bf7a.jpg

48064653806_a8b124832f.jpg

I did not get a before picture of the skillet because my group has no self-control, but here’s a bit of the after.

48064705958_dc86cd4636.jpg

Sated, we used our fastpasses at Test Track, Nemo, and Spaceship Earth.
48108216012_8c26638d22.jpg

48064655436_4b29a981ab.jpg

48064759212_cdb69eeebb.jpg

I feel like my sweat sheen and blank facial expression in my Spaceship Earth photo makes me look like an evil robot. Not what I pictured for my future, but I can dig it.

We did a 4th FP at Soarin’ and Cora started complaining that her shoes were hurting her badly out of the blue while standing in line. Like one minute she was fine, the next minute she was in awful pain saying her shoes didn’t fit. After we finished Soarin’ we had planned to meet Baymax and Joy/Sadness. At this point Cora was almost in tears over her shoes so DH ended up taking the kids over to the character spot while I ran over to Mouse Gear to see if I could find some replacement shoes.

By the time I made it back over to the rest of the family they had met Baymax and were almost to the front of the line for Joy and Sadness. And guess what. Just after I had run back and forth from Mouse Gear and dropped $50 on some new shoes Cora realized what her problem was. She had a hangnail on her little toe that had snagged inside her shoe. She fixed that and was fine. :sad2: Sigh. But she loved the shoes I had gotten her and wanted to switch into them anyway. I guess it ended up being a good investment, as they have become her favorite pair of shoes in the year since.

48064655276_274b204027.jpg

They’re Crocs with little Mickey heads all over them and, according to her, very comfortable.

We finished out our time in Epcot by heading back into the World Showcase via the Canada side. We’d actually never walked back into the Canada pavilion so made a point of doing so this time. It was beautiful and deserted. Sadly, we still missed the movie

48064705173_0018d95d9f.jpg

We checked out the exhibits in the Japan pavilion and Alex was very confused by this sculpture.

48064654661_2b83d53f38.jpg

Then we tried what would become a new favorite treat – Kaki Gori with sweet milk! So very refreshing on a hot July day in WDW.

48064654841_c88eb9d7b7.jpg

After our treats, we headed back through Beach Club to get to our car, as our room was ready at our next resort. On the way, we had to take the obligatory “Cora is sad to leave BCV, Alex is just fine” picture with the Ariel statue.

48064704773_f3ef5c3a1d.jpg

For reference, here is the 2016 version:

48108385888_1342dffed7.jpg

And we were off!

Last edited:
Day 10: July 30, Part 2 – …hello AKL!

48064758237_c43f589365.jpg

Woohoo! We had never even been to this resort for a visit before, so I could not wait to see it. I’d heard that the lobby was amazing and I was not disappointed.

48108408412_b7515e8d3a.jpg

We were all absolutely blown away and the kids wanted to explore EVERYTHING. First, I wanted to get checked into the room. I’d rented Jambo House DVC points for a standard view and had requested a partial savannah view. We were not disappointed! Placed right over one of the people pens with a great view of the savannah beyond.

48064757372_601898ec0a.jpg

The room was beautiful as well.

48064757962_9e9631fb60.jpg

48064704323_4a2b18a435.jpg

48064704238_e7a96521a0.jpg

Of course, after getting our bags brought up and checking out the view, we had to go back out and spend some time getting to know the resort. So. Friggin. Gorgeous.

This bridge became a new favorite spot.

48064654061_7b065a8760.jpg

We checked out the pool, some of the animal views, and some of the exhibits around the resort.

48108450933_24cb2328e2.jpg

48108410031_017fe87c8b.jpg

We’d talked about going back out to Animal Kingdom this evening, but decided to just spend time at AKL instead, as we had fallen in love with it immediately. We ended up having dinner at The Mara, which was actually pretty good. The kids each had a cheeseburger, I had the chicken sandwich, and DH got the African potjie, which he raved about.

48064757562_978bbe8d4b.jpg

48064704048_25c3cff079.jpg

48064653991_99d29467d6.jpg

After dinner the kids, of course, wanted some pool time, so DH took them while I spent some time wandering around the resort and sitting out on the balcony by myself. I was amazed by how peaceful and isolated (in a good way) I was able to feel at this resort despite still being in the busiest tourist destination in the world. We seriously debated returning to AKL this summer, but ended up choosing proximity to parks, as this will not be as long of a trip for us. However, we loved it so much it has DH seriously talking about buying into DVC resale to own here. Regardless of whether or not we end up pulling that trigger, we will for sure be back at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts