show lottery hints ?

wongck

WDW here we come!!
So does anyone have any idea of how the allocation of winners to which show?
As in show assignments are random or it fills in for the next coming show until it is full and then move to the next show?

Based on my experience:

It does not seem to matter how early you try. We did it first thing (happy-15) and were rejected every time over three days.

My advice is to go on a day with fewer people and pick a time that is less popular. The system knows how many people are entering the lottery and how many slots are available. I've never won when the parks were at capacity but I've been able to win multiple shows on days when crowds were low.

Estimating show time popularity is an imperfect science but you may have higher chances if you try for a show that will conflict in time with a once a day parade/show. Obviously that means you will be sacrificing your opportunity to watch that once a day parade/show. If you want the most chances at winning the lottery, stay in the official hotels to buy the park hoppers. That way you can try the lotteries for all the shows in both parks which gives you double the chances to win something on any given day.

It *seems* like dumb luck to me (entered multiple times over multiple trips and only "won" once).

I'm pretty sure the first show of the day is still "standby" only, so that's an option if you really want to see one of the shows.

Saw some youtube on the process... but they seems old from 2013 mostly. Does it allow you to select which show time you want to join ?
I am targeting a particular show due to my plan.

It *seems* like dumb luck to me (entered multiple times over multiple trips and only "won" once).
I'm pretty sure the first show of the day is still "standby" only, so that's an option if you really want to see one of the shows.
mmmm.... so chances are bad.
I better pencil in a standby first show in my plan, may be it's just better to "do" that 1st show.
I suppose the 1st show of all the lottery shows are "standby", right?

You pick the time for the show you want to watch. These days Let's Party Gras is all lottery. The parade and seasonal night show at TDL are often all lottery also. Other shows such as Big Band Beat or the seasonal harbor show at Disenysea will often have the first show as "standby".

We were lucky enough to get big band beat twice and let’s party gras once on our four day trip. We always chose the latest show time. I’m not sure if that makes a difference. We never rushed there either. I think we usually went to the lottery buildings an hour or two after park opening.

0 for 3 (via the app) for the new DisneySea show! Then went to line up as “standby” for the first show 40 minutes before start time and “standby” was already full! The locals take their show viewing very seriously.

My friends got back the weekend before Thanksgiving, 4 days at TDR, and only her DD and her future son in law won the lottery, they are newly engaged and wanted to spend a day at the parks just the two of them, is when they won them... She said that the rest of them struck out every-time they tried...

we got 4 days tickets. The 1st 2 days nothing. But the next 2 days we won the lottery I wondered if it’s some trick they employ that only at the last few days you’d chances are better.

I’ve never won, but I’m guessing I’m extremely unlucky. That being said, I’ve never had trouble getting into the first show of the day on a weekday.

we got 4 days tickets. The 1st 2 days nothing. But the next 2 days we won the lottery I wondered if it’s some trick they employ that only at the last few days you’d chances are better.

I'm guessing ... no. We also had four day tickets and had no luck whatsoever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!