Show me: photos an avg tourist may not take

Desert on the Magic
_MG_7635-1.jpg

From our quick 3 day trip this weekend to WDW...

321136_2056257002173_1117025522_31823942_831293912_n.jpg

This one is of some friends of mine who were chosen as Family of the Day on Friday 07 October. What a happy coincidence that someone on Disboards was there and captured the moment! :) And with a really cool photo that shows all the excitement of a MK opening!

This one is of some friends of mine who were chosen as Family of the Day on Friday 07 October. What a happy coincidence that someone on Disboards was there and captured the moment! :) And with a really cool photo that shows all the excitement of a MK opening!

So, they have a MK opening every day? If so, what time should I get there for it? I've never been up early enough to see one. lol

Oh and I LOVE the fish eye lens as well.

All these photos on here are very inspiring. Beautiful shots ladies and gents!

I'm still debating if I should take my Canon dlsr or just my smaller HD camera that still takes good shots, but nothing compares to a dslr as we all know. I have 4 kids going and I'm not sure I can do it. Any tips? I would really like to be able to swing it.

So, they have a MK opening every day? If so, what time should I get there for it? I've never been up early enough to see one. lol

Oh my. Yes, they have an opening ceremony every morning (and I think at every park). You just have to get there on one of your days. It is so very fun and something everyone should see at least once. I am not sure what the park hours are on a daily basis, but you can find out at your hotel. Then plan to get there at least 20 minutes before opening. Most of the time it isn't too overly crowded, but, you never know. And one tip: don't stand up close to the front wall. Back off to about half way between the wall and the gates. Too close and it's hard to see anything. Have fun!!!

Oh my. Yes, they have an opening ceremony every morning (and I think at every park). You just have to get there on one of your days. It is so very fun and something everyone should see at least once. I am not sure what the park hours are on a daily basis, but you can find out at your hotel. Then plan to get there at least 20 minutes before opening. Most of the time it isn't too overly crowded, but, you never know. And one tip: don't stand up close to the front wall. Back off to about half way between the wall and the gates. Too close and it's hard to see anything. Have fun!!!

Is it better to see outside the park or inside?....at MK

Is it better to see outside the park or inside?....at MK

You have to stay out by the turn styles. The show is up on the train platform facing out towards the lake. You can be either inside or outside the turn styles and still see the show, but my preference is inside the turn styles.

An average subject from a different perspective. I shot this one during the World Wide Photo Walk at EPCOT.

Spaceballs! by wbeem, on Flickr

I love this one, please tell me more about the set up and angle you used:thumbsup2

Sometimes, you just gotta look up.

Tusker House by wbeem, on Flickr

One of the things I love about AK is the way they use fabric in places. It really adds depth and texture when you see well taken photos.

An average subject from a different perspective. I shot this one during the World Wide Photo Walk at EPCOT.

Can you tell us more about this "Photo Walk?" Is it a tour that anyone can pay to go on? Or is it something special for professional photogs? I am just an amateur (for now), but would love to learn more on something like a "photo walk" with other photogs.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

I love this one, please tell me more about the set up and angle you used:thumbsup2

This one didn't turn out as expected. As you walk in the park during the morning, the sun was shining on the left side and I was thinking of making a B&W image to explore the tones. It turned out this way because of a happy accident in post-processing.

It's a vertical shot on the left-side. There were a few trees still lingering in the bottom, so I removed them with Content-Aware Fill.

The next step was to search for dust spots and remove them before doing any other work in post. Scott Kelby shows a technique using a Curves layer that makes those spots really stand out. Basically, you pull down the highs and raise up the lows - makes the curve look like a sine wave.

Well, that's how I ended up with these colors. The dark spot is where the sun was shining. The rest of Spaceship Earth became quite shiny, and you can see how it affected the sky. I decided I liked it and gave up on the B&W idea.

Then I started playing around and rotating it until I came up with this perspective. I sharpened the snot out of the Spaceship and that was it.

One of the things I love about AK is the way they use fabric in places. It really adds depth and texture when you see well taken photos.

This one is a 9-exposure HDR image. It definitely takes a while standing there with a tripod to get all of those images, but there's a big range of light and darkness in that room.

Can you tell us more about this "Photo Walk?" Is it a tour that anyone can pay to go on? Or is it something special for professional photogs? I am just an amateur (for now), but would love to learn more on something like a "photo walk" with other photogs.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

It's an annual event sponsored by Scott Kelby. In previous years, it was during the summer, which was rather unbearable around here. This year, Scott moved it to the fall and we had a great day wandering through EPCOT. I didn't really take that many photos, as it was more of a social event.

You can visit http://worldwidephotowalk.com for more information and to see the winning photos - overall and for the individual walks. There were over 1100 different walks around the world and some great results.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter