Show Off your flowers, gardens and Plants...

How To Choose Plants For A Flower Garden
Spring is upon us yet again and it's time to get outside and get the garden looking bright with plants and flowers that will make your yard look good for the Summer. When you get ready to design your garden, it is best to pick a variety of plants that compliment each other as well as put on a colorful show for everyone to see. To make sure you have the best looking garden, you have to know how to choose plants for a flower garden that will be a showcase that you can be proud of.

Great blue lobelia (Lobelia siphilitica): This plant likes moister soils and grows up to 3 feet tall. It has a cluster of purplish-blue flowers along the stem at the top of the plant. It prefers sunny to partially shady conditions. This would be a good plant for a rain garden or a well-watered garden. It blooms from late summer into early fall.

DebºoºS;26485917 said:
a few of the way too many butterfly pics I took today
Copy6837-08-07-25.jpg

copy_6888-07-25.jpg

copy68512-08-07-25.jpg

Those are beautiful pictures. As an avid gardner I am always happy to see butterflys visit my gardens.

Those are beautiful pictures. As an avid gardner I am always happy to see butterflys visit my gardens.

Thank you:) I find it very relaxing to watch the butterflies flutter about from flower to flower. Over the years I've been planting more and more with the idea of attracting butterflies to the garden.

I'm with you. Over the years we have planted various butterfly friendly plants on our property to give us the opportunity to encourage more visits from these beautiful creatures while at the same time giving them a helping hand.

If I can figure a way out to keep it contained I want to plant some milkweed tin my gardens so the Butterflies have a place to reproduce.

Between the rabbits, frogs, birds and butterflies that visit our gardens I do not use any pesticides. It's our gardens but it's also their homes.

DebºoºS;40312254 said:
Thank you:) I find it very relaxing to watch the butterflies flutter about from flower to flower. Over the years I've been planting more and more with the idea of attracting butterflies to the garden.

LOVE your photos.
I like to garden and am an avid photographer.
I have to know......how are your flowers so CLEAN ??
Do you wash them before you photograph them ? :rotfl:
They are beautiful.

LOVE your photos.
I like to garden and am an avid photographer.
I have to know......how are your flowers so CLEAN ??
Do you wash them before you photograph them ? :rotfl:
They are beautiful.

Thanks for the kind words♥

Clean? No, I let the rain wash the flowers:) I like to go out after it rains and take pics. The lighting is pretty good (not too harsh) and the flowers look fresh.
When I water flowering plants I do it at the base. No sprinklers just soaker hoses. It cuts down on fungus, diseases and a few other things that cause spots.

Wow, these are some excellent pictures of flowers. I really liked the photography of all these guys.

hey, i really like flower tattoos so if any of you could name a few really pretty flowers id really appreciate it, thanks

I'm getting ready for spring planting, I thought I'd post one of my favorite pictures from last year's garden.

sunflower_zps0a81734a.jpg

Happy Spring! :hippie:

Hi, everybody. You posted so beautiful flowers, but I unfortunately can`t post my new bouquet, which my boyfriend prepared for me :) but if you want to see it, you can go on Mefaflowers, I guess he bought it there) But I will keep on trying to download my pic :)

That is neat! Let us know how your wildflowers turn out! I had signed up for this cereal wildflower project in which a cereal company sent wildflower seeds for everyone to plant in hopes to attract more bees! I will be planting my seeds soon in hopes that it actually grows. Don't have much luck with wildflowers here.

That is neat! Let us know how your wildflowers turn out! I had signed up for this cereal wildflower project in which a cereal company sent wildflower seeds for everyone to plant in hopes to attract more bees! I will be planting my seeds soon in hopes that it actually grows. Don't have much luck with wildflowers here.
I can not see any germination yet.

My first water lily bloom in my new pond.

IMG_0177.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!