Shower Shenanigans

sarahandgreg

Mouseketeer
OK - so what's the deal with the showers at DVC resorts?? My last trip was July 2019 BC ( Before Corona). Stayed at our home resort OKW in a grand Villa with the new bathrooms. No issues with the showers.
The last 3 weekends I have stayed at 3 different DVC resorts: Contemporary, Saratoga and BW. All 3 showers have been terrible. I mean water flow. Needle like flow that barely gets your skin wet - hair washing takes forever ( and I have short pixie cut). Obviously its down to reducing waste and minimizing the flow but please, I do need to actually be able to wash without it taking an age...
Dvc touts itself as being home away from home luxury - well part of tying on a nice resort is being able to take a shower in my book. To be honest, it really teed me off .
Another observation from this weekend at Saratoga and the Artists Palette. The whole area is now divided into 3 sections:
Shop
Grocery
Food ordering

Now before anyone flames ne for my comments, I do realize they are being extra careful due to the Rona - I get it but here's my experience:

Went into shop area - got stopped. " can we help you?"
" Yes - just want to grab a t shirt"
" Ok" then follows me around the shop constantly.
I left and went to the grocery area - I cant buy being followed like a dog..

At Grocery area:
" Can we help you?"
" No. Just need some groceries"
" Oh you cant come in this bit, you have to go round to The turf Club entrance"
" OK"
I walk round - get to barrier.

" Can I help you" Starting to get irritated now.
" Just need some groceries"
" Are you ordering food?"
"Not sure yet, depends on what you have in the grocery section"
" Oh because if you are you cant do that here"......

After looking round grocery they don't have what I need so..... I ask if I can get two choc croissants.
Answer " Not from this section - Go round to middle section" Gggrrr

Get to middle section

" can we help you" Oh FFS !
" I would like 2 choc croissants"

" Please go to the cashier and order..."

Get to cashier, who then wipes down key pad at a glacial pace.

Order the croissants - ten questions about if am DVC or annual pass or any other discount. At this point I dont care. Then proceed to hand me a buzzer so I can wait on the appropriately marked place for my order.
Buzzer goes off - another assistant in full PPE approaches and holds out a basket at arm's length for me to place the already sanitized buzzer in so she can sanitize AGAIN.

Finally get my croissants and leave. Now I am all for safety and socoial distancing but I was the ONLY person in the whole place - not one other person.

Just seemed a bit ridiculous to me when no one else was around.

Buzzer goes off - another assistant in full PPE approaches and holds out a basket at arm's length for me to place the already sanitized buzzer in so she can sanitize AGAIN.

Just a note to this: the buzzer might have been sanitized before it was handed to you, but it has to be sanitized after you have held it as well. They would do it regardless of who handled it - it was not singling you out. There is contact, it is sanitized.

I get what original poster was saying... they obviously know all about sanitizing and social distancing .... Its just weird and so different and really just not a whole lot of fun.
Until you have actually visited over this timeframe , one can read all about it . I guarantee you it causes the desire to open the window and tell the World I’m not gonna take this anymore but we can’t. <Mask>
We are learning new social behavior and are being retrained.
I get it but I don’ t...

We have been at BWV and the poly recently. No issues with water pressure in the shower and I have long, super thick hair.

We recently visited artist’s pallet. It was a little confusing to start with how to enter and exit the different sections. The cast member was really nice and pointed us in the right direction. It does seem to be a little overkill, but they are trying to social distance people and I am sure the different areas can become very crowded.

Also reading about Disney Strategy and countless daily changes for the guest & castmember... We are like familiar strangers learning yesterday is different today.

I'll only comment on the shower. All the other stuff made me laugh and think, "I feel your pain!"
The shower is my main go to in rating a hotel. I want a lot of pressure. I also want hot water to be available. My wife is the hot shower person, I don't mind it being just warm. But I'll say again that if the water pressure isn't good the place gets a low rating from me.
For the sake of transparency, we travel in our own home away from home now and don't worry about cleanliness, water pressure, electronic entertainment, or who was there before us.

i believe low (slow) flow shower heads are required by state n possibly county codes.
Due to conservation interests.
I was told that by a CM several years ago .
I was also told the same thing a area Marriott.

I maybe wrong but the water pressure at many resorts has been soft for many years.
Does not have to do with corona virus.
Also the Florida water makes it hard to get a good lather up with many soaps and ahampoos

I heard to today that WDW has experience NO cases of CV19, could be due to all the precautions they have put in place. I can understand the OPs frustration but at the same time we all want to be safe. I guess we all have to try to be a little extra patient at this time.

The last 3 weekends I have stayed at 3 different DVC resorts: Contemporary, Saratoga and BW. All 3 showers have been terrible. I mean water flow.
A friend of mine keeps a high-flow shower head and a crescent wrench in his Owner's Locker. When he checks in, he replaces the existing shower head with his own. When he checks out, he puts the original one back.

I haven't felt the need, but it's an option!

I recently stayed a week each at Poly and Riviera and had no issues at all with shower pressure.

A friend of mine keeps a high-flow shower head and a crescent wrench in his Owner's Locker. When he checks in, he replaces the existing shower head with his own. When he checks out, he puts the original one back.

I haven't felt the need, but it's an option!
Laughing.... for YEARS, when I needed to travel? I did the same thing. It's not just Disney :).

I was at Kidani last month and didn’t have any shower issues. I’ll be at BWV next month.

I think the OP is forgetting all those precautions are not just for the guests.....they are for the CMs too! They deserve to be safe. Technically there was no one else around until you showed up....you were the one that "was around".

I get its for safety - I get it and am fine with it. My irritation was more aimed towards the fact a simple act of ordering a choc croissant turned out to be a complex , over precautious, military exercise involving ten Cm, sanitizing about 4 times and three different attempts. it was ridiculous as I was the only person in the whole area including the seated area. one positive though - we ate at The Wave every day - our breakfasts took longer than normal BUT it was piping hot everyday.

Stayed at Bay Lake Towers the first week in October. No problems with the water pressure.

No shower pressure but in our 1-bedroom at the Riviera last month the shower water handle fell completely off! We didn't really want maintenance in our room so we turned it on using a washcloth for grip for our stay there and reported it when we checked it out. I think like everything they are probably running short handed on maintenance staff right now, so little things get missed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!