Showing the love for Fort Wilderness Cabins Labor Day Pre-trip report 2017 with Military Discounts

Skyw

DIS Veteran
View attachment 262373 View attachment 262375
Hi Everyone. I love going to WDW but I :love::love::love: staying at FW Cabins. I began searching the boards a few weeks ago for FW reviews and any new information I could find. I noticed that there was not a lot of post about my beloved FW Cabins :crazy2:. How could this be? FW is THE best place to stay. OK, I may be a little bit bias. I decided it was probably time that I wrote a pre trip to publicly show the love that I have for The Fort.

Cast of characters-

Me- age 51, The instigator of all Disney trips.:teeth:

DH- Age 52, likes Disney as long as he can fish. :fish:

SIL- Age 58, Always willing to go with us! And my official ride partner. :thumbsup2

DS- age 13, He loves WDW but not all things Disney. :cool:

DGS - Age 5, my SIL grandson, this will be his first trip to see the Mouse and the excuse I needed to go!:dumbo:

Here is a picture of the last time were at WDW. IMG_4072.JPG This was caught at CBR.

And a beautiful morning castle selfie!IMG_4038.JPG

The Details: Trip dates are from 1SEP to 6SEP 2017 staying at a Fort Wilderness Cabin. yup, you got that right, 5 people and one bathroom. :crazy2:

I made reservations last May using my military discount. it came to be $1239.51 (taxes included) for 5 nights. I saved $183.22 from the Enchanted Escape room offer that is being offered now. And that is a pretty good deal. :thumbsup2

We also purchased 4-day park hopper Salute Tickets for $209pp. Saving of $200 a ticket. We do not live near a ITR in Indiana. We have to purchase the tickets through Wright-Patterson AFB ITR office. They are very easy to work with and I had my tickets in the mail soon after I paid for them.

We did purchase rental car through Budget for $200.00 prepaid. It in included a discount through USAA.

And the big splurge was the Golf Cart rental through FW for approximately $300. By far the biggest expense but so much fun. More on that further down.

I am so thankful that Disney continues to do Military discounts. It has allowed us to keep coming back often. We saved at least $1200 on this trip using the discounts.

Next post- Must have's for staying at FW Cabins.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!