Shownotes for 6/12/07 plus 10th Anniversary Show

WebmasterPete

Grand Administrator
In this weeks episode, we’ll tell you about the top news stories on the DIS this week, including the story about the couple that was allegedly abducted at gunpoint outside Downtown Disney. Kevin Klose reviews 'Il Mulino', the pricey new Italian eatery at the Walt Disney World Swan. Also, we'll tell you some of the observations we've made while staying on property. Also - the DIS 10th anniversary show is now up - you can find it along with this weeks show in Itunes, or on our podcast "Listen" page.

News Stories in this weeks podcast

- Blue Man Group opens at Universal Orlando
- Unions sign contract with Disney
- Connecticut couple abducted outside Downtown Disney.

Links from this weeks discussion topics:

- Keeping Cool
- Extra Magic Hours
- Spoodles Restaurant
- Grand Floridian Cafe
- Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin

Does anyone have the link to the cache copies of the disboards from years back? When they talked about it on the show it seemed like something kinda neat to check out!

Great show, I thought I might drive off the road while hearing the "lightning" comments.

I really loved your 10th anniv. show---thank you for sharing your "How we got here" stories...they were really terrific and powerful, actually. Fate really did step in to see each of you through---and I chuckle just picturing you trying to explain to your familes, etc. about what you do for a living!

To those foolish mortals who downsized a genius like Kevin: THEIR LOSS---and that old boss doesn't sound too smart to me! Also, if WDW had hired Corey, there may have been a major hit movie like, "Yoshi the Pie in the Sky Squirrel." Anyway, I am so glad you are all where you are now---as you're a terrific team w/ great chemistry and you fill a void that Disney just can't for us fans/fanatics---you are on our side of the fence(!)---and you may not be curing cancer, but you truly are curing what ails us disboarders!! I am glad you are never stagnant---and although you probably could rest on your laurels for a while, your devotion to and love for your "work" really shows by the way you continually strive to improve and "evolve"---what superior customer service you provide us dis-hard fans---and all the while you are doing this with wit and expertise!!!! Well, you just keep me coming back for more! Thanks for giving me a reason to look forward to Tuesdays!
:thumbsup2...and thanks for keeping those links underlined.

I just wanted to say thank you for a very nice 10th anniversary podcast. I really appreciated hearing your stories and I'm really glad that you enjoy running this site because it really is an awesome resource. I look forward to visiting for years to come!

I thought I would rip myself off of the cruise threads to say that I really enjoy the podcasts. I have been listening since the beginning- I am almost caught up on the episodes that I missed while I was on vacation. I am NOT as crazy as Tracy to spend money listening to them on the horrid DCL internet. Sorry :confused3

Thanks for the gift bags on the cruise- it was really, really nice and appreciated by all. :hug:

I also enjoyed hearing from Regina- as we have cruised together in the past. :rolleyes:

I hope you guys really, really enjoy Venice! I am SO jealous! :snooty: I really wanted to abandon DCL for one day and have done a day trip. However, the DCL power that be threatened to tape me to the ship- if I didn't get back on. :rolleyes1 Control freaks :eek: Did I just type that- wow! :scared1:

Keep the podcasts going, and going, and going like Bob's ECV! :rotfl:

Hey Y'All!! I'm actually a California girl transplanted here last summer but love it. :thumbsup2 Anyway, just wanted to say that DS (16) and I love your shows. In fact, we are driving to WDW in a couple weeks (we love road trips ever since we did it twice last summer CA to TX) and want to see the other side of our southern half of the nation. We see what others don't.

We plan on downloading a few of your shows to the IPOD and listening while driving. I can't wait. :banana: You guys will make the drive that much more fun and memorable. :dance3:

Shannon

I was laughing so hard and loud picturing Bob driving into the door and seeing this on Cart Cam.... that they had to close the door to the conference room.

-Ken

I was laughing so hard and loud picturing Bob driving into the door and seeing this on Cart Cam.... that they had to close the door to the conference room.

-Ken

I hate to admit that I have no issued understanding Bob. Having lived in Massachusetts for a little over five years- I have learned to understand the lovely language of the land. I first moved there when I was a high school senior and I was taking a short hand class based upon phonetics. Well- I had such a hard time understanding what my teacher was saying with her thick Boston accent, that she had to write it on the chalk board. Once I knew what she was saying- my short hand was perfect....other wise I would stare at her blankly. I have since moved to Illinois and have found that there are some slight similiarities between Chicago and the Brooklyn accent that my brother in law has. ;)

I really loved your 10th anniv. show---thank you for sharing your "How we got here" stories...they were really terrific and powerful, actually. Fate really did step in to see each of you through---and I chuckle just picturing you trying to explain to your familes, etc. about what you do for a living!

To those foolish mortals who downsized a genius like Kevin: THEIR LOSS---and that old boss doesn't sound too smart to me! Also, if WDW had hired Corey, there may have been a major hit movie like, "Yoshi the Pie in the Sky Squirrel." Anyway, I am so glad you are all where you are now---as you're a terrific team w/ great chemistry and you fill a void that Disney just can't for us fans/fanatics---you are on our side of the fence(!)---and you may not be curing cancer, but you truly are curing what ails us disboarders!! I am glad you are never stagnant---and although you probably could rest on your laurels for a while, your devotion to and love for your "work" really shows by the way you continually strive to improve and "evolve"---what superior customer service you provide us dis-hard fans---and all the while you are doing this with wit and expertise!!!! Well, you just keep me coming back for more! Thanks for giving me a reason to look forward to Tuesdays!

You made me spit out my cereal! To imagine Corey thinking he was being so helpful & Pete's reaction. classic

I've somehow missed the history of the DIS so I'm checking the poscasts I may not have heard.

Pete was talking about the corn people, but another one that was funny was the great brawl of the 7 Dwarves that was hysterical.

Also, Dixie Amos & "her" trip reports had my kids & me in gales of laughter.

Thanks for the show, everyone. I really enjoyed listening to it.

What a great anniversary show guys! I have to admit, I got teary eyed more than once. I truly enjoyed hearing how you guys all got together. I am one of those fans that wait every week for the new show to come out. My co-workers always know when the new podcast is on, because I am glued to my headphones and laughing out loud!

Thanks for all you guys do, and Happy Anniversary!

I am so ready for KART KAM!

Here are some sneak peek photos of Kart Kam ;)

kart-kam.jpg

kart-kam2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter