Shrek mediocre at best

I loved it, my wife loved it, and my daughters (ages 9 and 3) loved it. All I had to say.

Your daughters and wife never saw Toy Story?

It just didnt have what i thought it takes.

Not even a highly suspenseful ending

Shriek rocks! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time - and it can take alot to make me laugh! So much that the kids didn't get (went over their heads) but they still enjoyed it. I am a big fan of fairytales and to see them turned up side down was great. I can' t wait to see it on video to see what I missed.

My 16 yr old son and I saw it yesterday. I thought it was hilarious. You have to take it for what it is intended to be...a movie spooking on Disney. It did a great job of it!

My family and the entire theater loved Shrek. We have the Toy Story tape (Disney Channel gave it to me years ago when I worked in cable). There is no comparison. Shrek is MUCH BETTER!!!! One of the few videos I will actually pay money for.

I like Shrek. I like Toy Story. And all of you are entitled to your opinions, even if they're wrong. ;)

That's ALL for me. :D

I loved Toy Story but I really loved Shrek. Disney animation has gone downhill since katzenberg left and now that Dreamworks has him I expect more great animation from them. Remember Shrek is only their second animated film (antz was their first) and to have this kind of success is a good sign for Dreamworks.
I hate to tell all you Disney fans but Atlantis will not be the #1 animated film this summer. I have watched previews with test audiences and Atlantis did not fare well with them. Shrek will rule the summer. If I am wrong I will come back and admit it but right now I don't think I will have to.

Wrong...Dreamworks created other great classics like The Road to El Dorado; Chicken Run; Joseph, King of Dreams; The Prince of Egypt; Small Soliders; Paulie; and Mouse Hunt

http://www.dreamworks.com/

Shrek - The beginning and end were good but the middle dragged a bit. Almost fell asleep. It was a good movie but not great.

Not a Toy Story 2.

I didnt think i would but i did. I am such a Disney fanatic and don't particularly find toilet humor funny, but there really wasnt all that much in the movie... Now there was plenty of dark comedy moments (gepetto selling pinocchio) but i thought they were hysterical.

The animation was amazing, and the premise was original. I for one enjoyed an ogre really being, well, an ogre:)

And as for the ending being predictable, which Disney movie has a "suprise ending" :rolleyes:

Buzz2001, I can't decide if your being sarcastic, or truthful. The only movie of those listed that is even bareable is prince of Egypt the rest were terrible.

I liked it (I'm a few weeks shy of 49)
My daughter liked it (She's 20).

I liked Toy Story and I loved Toy Story 2, but I didn't go to see either one in a theater.

All I have to say.

Landbaron, saw parts of chicken run, was unimpressed and didn't bother with the rest. eh, to each his own.

YoHo,

I'd suggest you watch the whole thing before you pass judgement. I saw only bits and pieces from Lion King at first and was unimpressed. Kind of hard trying to piece together a cohesive story line see only bits of it. Doesn't do much for character development either. Now, after viewing the whole thing, beginning to end, Lion King is, by far, my favorite.

That's my point YoHo. Just laughing at comments made on this thread as well as the Pearl Harbor thread. None of Dreamworks movies, including Shrek, can hold a candle to Disney's best.

Ticket prices were different 10 years ago. What would the Lion King make if released today or Beauty & the Beast or Toy Story 2?? Its all relative but one movie doesn't make Dreamworks the leader in the industry.

I'm a huge disney fan. don't get me wrong. Why must people compare non disney to disney. If a product is good so be it. Not for nothing and it kills me to say this disney is going down the crapper and quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter