shrimp for dinner

dondiego

Earning My Ears
I've posted this before, but we had it for dinner last night and it is such an easy recipe I thought I'd share it again: take about a pound or so of shrimp - if you use large shrimp, peel and clean them (small ones can be cooked in the shell and peeled as ya eat 'em). Boil the shrimp in beer (about 2 - 3 bottles) to which you have added old bay seasoning ( a tablespoon more or less - i.e. " to taste") . It only takes a few minutes of boiling (3-5 minutes). Serve with your favorite shrimp dipping sauces....that's it!!

pumba...I've never tried it with frozen shrimp...if you do, I'd be interested in knowing what the results are. btw..thanks for all the wonderful recipes you share with us. ..dondiego

Do you serve this hot or cold??? Can this be eaten as an appetizer?? Do you dip it in butter or cocktail sauce??

TIA,
Kim

I used.......and the outcome of this recipe.....would probably been delicious.....but.....my shirmps were mush.....next time I will do it without the froZen start.........the flavor was still there......but shrimp need a little gusto.....and the gusto was gone...........:jester:

Chip126....it's very versatile...I serve it hot but I think it would work cold.... would also work as an appetizer...any dip that works for shrimp would be good with this dish...I've not tried butter as a dipping medium for shrimp but a little warm butter sounds good....kind of a scampi flavor....

Pumba....sorry to hear the frozen didn't work...that would have been a nice option.

to do this again.......the flavor was really good......so regardless of mush shrimp.......it was still mighty good.......thanks and guess what .......shrimp are on sale in the market........thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!