Shtick at 50's Prime time is 100% still happening

rg35

DIS Veteran
I have seen some concerning posts here over the past few months+ that the shtick is totally gone or extremely muted at 50's Primetime Cafe. I have to say that based on our visit the other day, this is 100% not true. Our server, Mary Ann, was 100% in character the entire time. Another waiter in our section had the nearby tables scold someone for putting their elbows on the table, and again later for "being a brat." Maybe we just got lucky on this visit, but it appeared that the entire staff from front of house to wait staff were all playing their parts.

We were all very happy that an old classic was still in top form despite what some have reported here.

I think it is totally server dependent, maybe daily? We were there in May and saw none of that at any of the tables around us with multiple servers. I was expecting it and disappointed to not see any of it.

It totally depends on the server. We were there on a Tuesday and our server was blah. I quietly asked her if she would amp it up for my kids and she said that they were too well-behaved.

On Wed, we went to Whispering Canyon to an absolutely perfect Tyson. I have been there before with nothing.

I’m really glad they were great for you!

I have to imagine it gets tiring. Being a server, especially somewhere like Disney World, is already hard enough.

I ate at Skipper Canteen a few months ago and the first thing I said to our waitress was "You can talk to us like a normal human being" and she said "Oh thank God."

Different strokes for different folks. I just go where the food's good. :)

We had a decent server there a couple of weeks ago. She wasn't too sassy, but wasn't boring either. DD worked so hard to get a clean plate, but didn't get a clean plate sticker (I told her it depends on the server and is rare). Luckily she had gone to the washroom when another table next to us (different server) got their stickers.

Our server started up on us with my husband and his elbows on the table. I told her it was perfectly acceptable for him to sit that way since he was an adult and I think she got the idea. Our meal wasn't that good either. Strike two for Prime Time.

We had a decent server there a couple of weeks ago. She wasn't too sassy, but wasn't boring either. DD worked so hard to get a clean plate, but didn't get a clean plate sticker (I told her it depends on the server and is rare). Luckily she had gone to the washroom when another table next to us (different server) got their stickers.

Wow, I didn't realize it was rare to get the stickers. We've always gotten them, even the times the server wasn't super into the whole cousin role.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter