Shutterfly tips?

AmyAnne

DIS Veteran
I've become a fan of the Shutterfly 8 x 8 album -- I'm trying to to more smaller projects (in the hope of finishing/getting caught up) and I'm wondering if there are some Shutterfly experts here? My specific question is, how does black look as a background? I'm doing a graduation album and am thinking a black background would be simple but elegant . . . any thoughts? Or any other handy Shutterfly tips?

I do a lot of Shutterfly books. I use a lot of black backgrounds. I usually end up putting a white (or other light colored border) around each picture so help give the picture vs the background separation. I think it looks great.

My other Shutterfly tip, which you may already use, is don't upload all your picks into one album. I usually do 12x12 albums and they have over 100 photos in them. I do travel books so I will create a main folder then sub folders within each. Each subfolder is usually an activity. So when I'm working on my album I can just select the pics for a particular activity (album) and do those pages, then move on to selecting pics from the next activity. When I started Shutterfly it seemed so putzy as I was trying to sort though 100 photos at the bottom of my photo tab area which were small pics and I'd get so confused on which were for what thing. I also do the "hide used" option from the photo tab so I don't end up getting the prior activity photos included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter