Shutters Captain Banana

EJ42

Earning My Ears
I stayed at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort several times, but we moved to different resorts the last few trips. I was sad to find out that Shutters is no longer there, and Sebastian's new restaurant menu doesn't have the Captain Banana an its menu. I'd like to try to recreate this drink at home, but I'm lost as to where to ask for help. I haven't found any good forums for advice on how to make drinks like this. Do any of you have any ideas?

According to the menu, it's:

Captain Banana – US$9.75
Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum and Créme de Banana with Coconut and Pineapple Juice, served frozen.

I found a few similar drink recipes online that seemed to be something like 1.5 rum, 1.5 pineapple juice, 0.5 banana liqueur, but no coconut juice. I'm guessing I'd split the pineapple juice with coconut juice or maybe do 1 pineapple juice and 1 coconut juice. I'm not sure about the "served frozen" part, though. Does that just mean you mix it with crushed ice or something?

put ice in the blender, put your ingredients in, blend. I wouldn't half the pineapple with coconut, I'd 3/4 pineapple, 1/4 coconut. A little coconut goes a long way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter