shuttle at AKL

nurseholly

Mouseketeer
I think there is a van that is the shuttle between Jambo House and Kidani Village? Is this easy to use for a paraplegic? Headed there in July to Sanaa with my sister who is wheelchair bound. Would it just be easier to walk there? She's pretty independent....also impatient :rotfl:so waiting wouldn't be for here either if its usually a long wait

I have stayed at Jombo house ( I think this is the one I stayed at) a few years ago and the bus would pick up at one and then go to the other and then go to whatever park it was head to. So you could do this one way, but not sure if there is a bus that just runs between the two

There is a shuttle that runs between Jambo and Kidani and I believe it runs every 20 minutes or so. I’m not sure about how it would be for your sister but I do know that there is someone on the AKL thread that will be able to help you!

Keep in mind that the wheelchair will need to be secured to the bus for the trip (which adds time).
When we stayed at Kidani Village, we walked between the two areas. It’s not that bad of a walk.

I stayed at AKL with an ECV a few years ago. I had to go from Jambo to Kidani for an evening tour. I "drove" myself over in the ECV rather than wait for the shuttle. It takes 5-10 minutes to get between the two. So as long as it isn't raining, you'd probably do better no waiting on the shuttle.

DH and I just returned. The current shuttle between Jambo and Kidani is not handicapped accessible. There are at least three steps up into the vehicle. There was not a WC lift like you see on the regular buses. That is not to say they could not call one up. This is actually a good question. Like the PPs it would probably be easier in good weather to just use her chair over there and back. The vehicle between the two used to be a van, now it is a much nicer small shuttle bus, that seats about 12, and people can stand. There are screens at the bus stop that let you know how long the waits are for park buses.

If using her chair, I would be sure to ask for the fastest route between the two...like if staying at Kidani...is there a door at the far end closest to Jambo to exit making it a closer trip for her....rather than out the front door. Seems like when we walked before, we used an elevator to get us down to parking garage then could walk over.

I wish I know there was a shuttle as I walked one way when I went over

I stayed at AKL in January. The walk between the two resorts is really quick, and for me in my manual chair very easy. I walked over to Kadani twce. Once for dinner at Sanaa, and again for a DVC tour. I would not mess with the shuttle personally.

I stayed at AKL in January. The walk between the two resorts is really quick, and for me in my manual chair very easy. I walked over to Kadani twce. Once for dinner at Sanaa, and again for a DVC tour. I would not mess with the shuttle personally.
Thank you! She hasn't been since she's been in her accident and is relying on me for planning. She'll be fine with a quick walk back to Jambo. I so appreciate your input and would LOVE to pick your brain sometime...

I would be happy to answer any specific questions you have. I'm not a full time wheelchair user, but have always used one for WDW. If you'd rather PM me, feel free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter