Shuttle Launch

Torontogal

Mouseketeer & Disney Vacation Club Member
Thanks for discussing this. I have always wanted to see a shuttle launch while in Florida. The way you guys described it sounds amazing. My 2 little boys love watching the airplanes take off from the Toronto airport (we live near there) so they would be absolutely thrilled to see a space shuttle launch. They are also HUGE Buzz Lightyear fans! I know you guys said that you can virtually see it anywhere central Florida but are there any spots you recommend in the Orlando area. This is something we would love to see - looks awesome on TV - could not imagine seeing this in person.
Thanks and love your very informative show!:thumbsup2

I've listened to a podcast of someone watching a launch -- from the Rose & Crown in Epcot, of all places! A big cheer went up from the crowd, aided no doubt by liberal quantities of fine English ale.

We watched it last year from the front of Pop Century, it was beautiful. Be sure to have some binoculars handy so you can see up close. You can see it with the naked eye as well.

I saw the last shuttle from my front yard and will camp out again Friday night. It's really something to see...even if it's a LONG way away! :thumbsup2

I encourage everyone to go over to Titusville and watch the launch (if you can). It is such a cool thing!!

Why go to Titusville when Metro West has basically invited everybody over to his/her place?

I'm in for a box of white zin . . . .!!! party:

We are here in Titusville now for the launch! Hopefully it will go off without a hitch on Friday. DH's brother works for NASA and he got VIP seats so we are going to sit with the astronaut's families. Should be cool! :thumbsup2

~Stacy

I know the Atlantis launch is over, but just wanted to pass along some into for anyone who might be in FL for the next launch (Endeavor). We had VIP tickets for the Atlantis launch but not enough for everyone - my brother-in-law suggested we go to the Clarion Inn in Titusville - it costs $10 to park your car for the launch but he told me that it is only about a mile further away then the tickets you can buy for the launch.
http://www.nbbd.com/ClarionInn/index.html
I understand the hotel is somewhat of a dive but the unobstructed view of the launch is worth the $10 to park. I do have video that I've loaded on my laptop but I haven't had time to You Tube it yet - I'll post a link as soon as it's up.

We watched last week's Atlantis launch from the marina area of POR. It's an amazing sight. Pretty much anywhere you are in Central Florida, you will be able to get a good look as it goes up.

Watching the latest launch in person brought back memories of growing up in Winter Park, near Orlando. In my sophomore year of high school in 1981 we all went out to the PE fields to watch the very first shuttle launch. Orlando native John Young was the commander of the first shuttle mission and the John Young Parkway is named after him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts