Sick, who wants to talk?

People tell me that you totally know when it's the actual flu because you feel like death warmed over, and you can barely pull yourself out of bed. So let's hope it's a less serious virus.

People tell me that you totally know when it's the actual flu because you feel like death warmed over, and you can barely pull yourself out of bed. So let's hope it's a less serious virus.

You do feel like death warmed over but not 100% of the time. I had the flu after Thanksgiving and actually had periods where I was actually able to answer emails and stuff like that and then out of the blue I'd feel horrible again.

I went to see my doc today and he just looked at me and thinks it’s viral. I’m really achy and have a low fever. I don’t think it’s the flu, but I do feel AWFUL

You do feel like death warmed over but not 100% of the time. I had the flu after Thanksgiving and actually had periods where I was actually able to answer emails and stuff like that and then out of the blue I'd feel horrible again.

Being sick just sucks, you feel so gross. I’m also a recent college grad and have been working for about 7 months and this is the first time I’ve been really out of commission, so I’m nervous about getting backed up for a while... thankfully my boss is really understanding

My daughter and I have gone from vicious stomach virus to bad cold. Wife and other daughter have been fine, go figure.

One of daughters has the flu. She has been sleeping most of today and yesterday. Fever that’s been hovering around 100.5, got down from 102.2 last night. Looks terrible. Achy. It’s a good thing that school was closed today and again tomorrow due to the weather.

No one else is sick, but I’ve had a dull ache in my stomach the last 36 hours.

My daughter and I have gone from vicious stomach virus to bad cold. Wife and other daughter have been fine, go figure.
When we get sickness at our house, we change sleeping arrangements. If just one person is sick, they get the guest room with a private bath. KEEP ALL THE GERMS THERE! Ha. Otherwise, if more than one person is sick, sick people stay upstairs and well people are downstairs. We try not to have everyone sick at once. I hope you feel better soon.

I am finally feeling better, but still not great. I've been sick for the better part of five or six days, too.

I hope you're feeling better.

I think what was hurting my head so much (sorry if TMI) was that sticky mucous stuff. Yuck. I can feel it behind my nose and in my throat. A lot of it finally came out today and I can breathe and swallow again. Hot coffee and steam helped. I was also taking Flonase and some other OTC remedies. Guaifennesen (?sp) aka Robitussin is the best for thinning that out. I was also taking some other stuff but it was keeping me awake at night and miserable, exhausted, etc.

I'm sick too. Plus it is snowing here and nothing stays open in the south when there is snow. So glad I went to Urgent care last night. I can curl up with some chicken soup and my 4 meds and get better. Bronchitis and a sinus infection. I've been coughing for a week and a half.

I have it too. Mine is not the flu but bronchitis. I feel fine but the cough. The doc said it could take up to 6 weeks to for the cough to completely go away. I have been tested for pneumonia (negative). I am so tired of this cough.

No temperature, but sure achey. At least today I feel much better. And the cold weather does not help with the achey feeling. I do a lot when I am stuck in bed. But it is nice to have someone to talk to.

DD is finally at a temp under 100*, still sleeping most of the day. Thankfully our snow days continue so she's not missing school. No one else has caught it, so that's a plus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter