Side by side with your loved one, You’ll find enchantment here - a Disneymoon PTR - 10/25 TR Link

Some random updates...
These are going to be all over the place. I'm trying to get all the little details together for our trip, and check in with people for our big group, because I don't even know what's going on with them. I meant to do this a few weeks ago, but I dropped the ball a bit. But we'll just have to roll with it, because I've had a lot on my plate the last few months.

Speaking of plates...

We've dropped the Mama Melrose Fantasmic package - I'm so glad! :rotfl: I saw the Fantasmic dessert party, and figured that after tax/tip (seeing as there's none on a dessert party...) the difference in price from a lunch package and dessert would cover a counter service meal (~$17). Even though I've read not great things about CS in HS... any suggestions? Any DO NOT GO THERE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES EVEN IF SOMEONE ELSE IN THE GROUP TRIES BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW places? :rotfl2: We did the World of Color dessert party last year in Disneyland and really enjoyed it, so even though this doesn't have tables, I like the idea of having a tray of snacks to munch on and relax while we wait. Plus this frees up time in the park, because we'd probably get there around an hour before the show any ways, and we've eliminated a TS meal - we still have 50s Prime Time. And it also makes my awkward 50s reservation time not as awkward, because it's now the only TS meal! Before we had an 11:30am Mama Melrose lunch, and 50s at 3:45pm because that was the only time I could get with our group size.

fantasmic-dessert-vip-viewing-dessert-tray-5x2.jpg

According to the Disney Parks blog post, this is what's included in the dessert box:
The adult box features chocolate-covered strawberries, cheesecake, a chocolate cupcake, apple crisp, California trail mix and cheese and crackers. Guests will also receive a bottle of water and a specialty alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverage in a light-up keepsake Fantasmic! cup.

I'm already planning which items I will trade Zack for... :scratchin

In other news, we've booked our last two hotel nights. We needed another night at the beginning of the trip since we'll be down a night early, and I used credit card points for another night at Royal Pacific Resort. It was the easiest thing, with the luggage we'll have. We are also staying a night after the cruise down in the Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area. I settled on the La Quinta Cocoa Beach Oceanfront. I really wanted to be on the beach without paying an arm and a leg, so I got an oceanfront room here with a private patio (so we can eat our fancy La Quinta breakfast on it :)). I got to use credit card points for this one too :thumbsup2

I'm working on packing lists. I need to plan more than usual because Zack's parents are willing to take back some of our luggage, since we'll be on such a long trip. I need to nail down Zack's shirts. I'm going to make him pick days and stick to it! :rotfl: Usually he just gets up and wears whatever Disney shirt he feels like for the day.

On the to-do list:
Make list of things to buy ie travel toiletries, ponchos
Check in with everyone!
Packing lists
Book rental car
Things I know I'm forgetting and will probably remember when I'm trying to sleep tonight...

I just commented no someone else's PTR today who booked the Fantasmic dessert package! I think it looks neat :thumbsup2

Any DO NOT GO THERE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES EVEN IF SOMEONE ELSE IN THE GROUP TRIES BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW places? :rotfl2:
Other than the BW pizza :rotfl:Seriously, HS is tough for QS. ABC Commissary is OK I guess, just avoid the burgers. I do see lots of people say they like Backlot Express but we haven't been there in probably at least 5 years so I can't really comment. What about the Brown Derby Lounge? It'll take longer than QS but you don't need a reservation.

I just commented no someone else's PTR today who booked the Fantasmic dessert package! I think it looks neat :thumbsup2

Other than the BW pizza :rotfl:Seriously, HS is tough for QS. ABC Commissary is OK I guess, just avoid the burgers. I do see lots of people say they like Backlot Express but we haven't been there in probably at least 5 years so I can't really comment. What about the Brown Derby Lounge? It'll take longer than QS but you don't need a reservation.
:rotfl:

I saw your comment, because I'm a stalker like that ;) and it reminded me - hey, I booked this a few days ago! I'm way more excited about that then I was about MM. I think your review was one of the first that wasn't like, wow this place is terrible. I love pasta so my italian doesn't have to be fancy, but Olive Garden is down the street at home...

The Lounge is a good idea. I mean, I guess if we end up having mediocre QS food we'll live... maybe we'll abandon everyone (as they won't have PHs) and Zack and I will eat at F&W :scratchin

Oh! I remembered what I forgot now!

Cruise Activites
These opened up and we perused our options. We booked a Palo dinner on our last night. I was tempted to do the brunch on the Nassau day, but we've never been to the Bahamas, so I'd like a little time to see it at least once. If I have my way, this will not be our last cruise :)

We also booked a Sea Lion encounter :) It's less than the Dolphins and Atlantis! Haha, but really I hesitated, because the prices hurt. But we have it for now. I've seen lots of Dolphin meets before but never Sea Lions, so it's different. I've also never done anything like this before. I picked the early time, which is right after the boat docks. It says you can spend time on the private beach or snorkel after, or head back. The later time doesn't get back until right before the boat leaves, so I figured the early time left us a little more exploring time. Here's hoping for Sea Lion kisses!

sea-lion-encounter_ss2_904px.jpg

We were thinking about booking the Adults Only Snorkeling on Castaway Cay, but it looks like it's all booked up now. For some reason I thought I had already - oops! You snooze, you lose, folks. I was also going to try for the Mixology class, but again, sold out. This one was right away, because, once again, I dropped the ball on when bookings opened. I've been a mess with everything for that. Oh well. See mention above of more cruising ;)

Looks like your plans are shaping up nicely. Can't believe how quickly its come around.

The Fantasmic party sounds like a pretty good deal. Can't wait to see how it works out for you all.

I can't tell you where to eat QS in MGM, but I can tell you not to eat at ABC. Now its been quite a few years since we ate there, but it was singlehandedly the worst disney food we've ever had. Another option could also be just grabbing a few apps from the HBD lounge.

More Updates?

Why yes, because I keep forgetting to add this - d'oh!

During the Universal portion of the trip, we'll be meeting up with @Raeven and @CatNipRules for this amazing-ness:

KitchenSinkCAKE-v2.jpg

Kitchen Sink Cake
A three pound slice of cake with seven incredible layers including: brownies, peanut butter crunch, chocolate chunk cookies, cheesecake, pecan pie, devil’s food cake, vanilla chiffon cake, all covered in chocolate butter cream frosting, chocolate chips, chocolate sauce, and heath bar crunch.

giphy.gif

I'll try to restrain myself.

What about the Brown Derby Lounge? It'll take longer than QS but you don't need a reservation.

Another option could also be just grabbing a few apps from the HBD lounge.
@kastoney because we are soul sistas :tiptoe:

During the Universal portion of the trip, we'll be meeting up with @Raeven and @CatNipRules for this amazing-ness:
@Raeven told me about this meet-up when we went shopping last month! So great that you guys are getting together and even better that it's to eat ALL THE CAKE!

Yeah, lots of those cruise excursions book up quick, and of course the more you've cruised the earlier you can book your excursions so those that have cruised more than you got to book earlier. I had someone who couldn't make up their mind, and I kept telling them they really needed to try and decide before their window opened but they didn't, and they could only get their 2nd choice. Not bad by any means but ya gotta be on top of that :scared: What you do have booked sounds amazing though!!!

Looks like your plans are shaping up nicely. Can't believe how quickly its come around.

The Fantasmic party sounds like a pretty good deal. Can't wait to see how it works out for you all.

I can't tell you where to eat QS in MGM, but I can tell you not to eat at ABC. Now its been quite a few years since we ate there, but it was singlehandedly the worst disney food we've ever had. Another option could also be just grabbing a few apps from the HBD lounge.
The lounge might be a hit with our group! I will tell them it comes recommended by Disney Dining Legend @kastoney :)

@kastoney because we are soul sistas :tiptoe:

@Raeven told me about this meet-up when we went shopping last month! So great that you guys are getting together and even better that it's to eat ALL THE CAKE!

Yeah, lots of those cruise excursions book up quick, and of course the more you've cruised the earlier you can book your excursions so those that have cruised more than you got to book earlier. I had someone who couldn't make up their mind, and I kept telling them they really needed to try and decide before their window opened but they didn't, and they could only get their 2nd choice. Not bad by any means but ya gotta be on top of that :scared: What you do have booked sounds amazing though!!!

My very first Dismeet and there's cake! :rotfl: You do have to be on top of things... I forgot to write down the date for our cruise activities, and I just happened to be up late and just happened to get on the cruise site for some reason and saw it was open. It was the first day, but we were like, we'll get on tomorrow and look at the snorkeling thing again! And obviously we didn't. But I wasn't too broken hearted because, barring any crazy sea sickness on my part, I plan on more cruising (saying this as someone who's never been before...). And if Zack gets crazy sea sickness, he'll just have to suck it up! :rotfl:

KitchenSinkCAKE-v2.jpg

Kitchen Sink Cake
A three pound slice of cake with seven incredible layers including: brownies, peanut butter crunch, chocolate chunk cookies, cheesecake, pecan pie, devil’s food cake, vanilla chiffon cake, all covered in chocolate butter cream frosting, chocolate chips, chocolate sauce, and heath bar crunch.

I can't wait!!!

The lounge might be a hit with our group!

I can't think of any good QS at HS either :scratchin I do think that would be the best choice.

We’re back!
We survived and we’re all legal and everything!

I’ve been sorting through my pictures… I’m at 2500ish so far and I haven’t gotten all of my Photopass ones downloaded to sort through. That’s with no wedding pictures either. And I’m missing some, if you can believe that! Mostly missing food pictures are what jumped out at me, so I’ll either have to go without or try to find some on the internet.

So I usually take a lot of pictures. You may be thinking, 2500 is a lot of dang pictures! But not for me! I got a digital camera at 15 and never looked back! I could take as many as I wanted without worry, and if they came out poorly I could just delete them. I finally broke down about two years ago and bought a new one, for our engagement trip to California and my trip to London and Paris with my BFF. And I had plans to take that one on this trip too - except I couldn’t find the case! I debated bringing it along without it, but I wasn’t comfortable putting it in my bag without it. I was worried I’d hurt it either shoving things into my bag, or shoving my bag into the holders or lockers on rides. So I did this whole trip with my phone, which was new to me. If I had had my real camera, there probably would have been like 4 times as many pictures!​

Anywho, I’m going to do a big TR with all of the Wedding day and Disneymoon goodness combined! Here’s the link:

Forever Could Even Start Today, Wedding & Disneymoon Sept 17

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter