Side trips from LV???

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
We're planning on spending 2-3 days in LV at the end of dh's sales meeting trip in early June. Staying at the Lake Las Vegas Ritz Carlton. Had planned on heading to the Grand Canyon, but I think that may be a bit too much. Someone suggested either Zion or Bryce. Can any of you give me an idea of how far a drive it might be from LV? We have our 13 y/o dd with us and it sure would be nice to see some of this great area while we are there.

I would vote for Zion!! It is closer to Vegas, only about a 2 1/2 hour drive straight up the 15. There is a place to park and many wonderful places to hike around. There is also a ....dang!! forgot the name of it, but it is one of those huge movie screen theaters. It is in the little town right before Zion. There is also plenty of places in St. George to visit. You might want to check out Tuacahn (sp?) theater. It is an outdoor ampitheater that has plays. We saw Beauty and the Beast and this last year Peter Pan. They were both awesome!!!! There is a place outside of St. George called Veyo and they have an awesome outdoor mineral pool. You can pack in a lunch and spend the afternoon.

Of course there are many places in Vegas to explore also!!

have a great time what ever you end up doing!!

oh....I just looked and Cinderella is playing there starting June 13th!! Also My Fair Lady and 42nd street. Personally, I would vote for Cinderalla!! :thumbsup2 (google Tuacahn Theater)

hugs, Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!