Sightseeing around Disney?

LorieZy

Earning My Ears
We are visiting TDL for the first time in October and are so excited!! We are stopping in Tokyo specifically for Disney from another location. We only have 2 days at the parks and then the last day our flight out of Narita is at 4pm. My question is on that 3rd day, we don't have time to go to the parks and we don't really have enough time to go into Tokyo so are there things we can do for the day? Maybe some sightseeing in between Disney and the airport? I'm not opposed to hiring a car and driver, but I have no idea what to do. I don't want to waste a day just sitting around. Thanks in advance!

I would recommend exploring the Disney hotels and Ikispiari. The hotels are really nice and have lots of details, including hidden Mickey's. The hotels also have hotel specific Disney merchandise. Also, there is a Disney Store inside Ikispiari. Bon Voyage (the giant luggage looking store by Maihama station) for some Disney souvenirs.

If you don't have time to explore Tokyo, what about Tokyo Station? It's about about a 20 minute ride to Tokyo Station from Maihama station. It's a big station with lots of shops to explore.

Thanks! We are planning on going to Ikispiari the evening we get there and really looking for suggestions for things to see/do between Disney and the airport since we'll have a couple of hours. I appreciate the information.

The island of Odaiba is not far from Disney and has a lot of things to do....there's a massive full scale Gundam outside (anime robot), a Toyota "theme park" called Megaweb with a lot of historical cars, interactive exhibits, a few huge arcades, like Sega Joypolis, Venus Fort, an italian themed shopping area...some other museums. I love Odaiba...its very nice and doesn't have the crowded feeling of the rest of Tokyo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter